PDA

View Full Version : Brokered Convention/Extremely Unlikely!!

tribute_13
08-06-2008, 03:15 AM
Yes, this scenario has been gone over time and time again. Paul has virtually no chance of winning the GOP nomination. However with the large amount of uncommitted delegates, there is still a possibility.

Question #1: Do you think that maybe the Rally for the Republic might inadvertently cause a brokered convention? The Rally will be influential and important. Uncommitted delegates could be influenced by the announcement of the convention and be doing some research.

Question #2: I just joined the DVD's 4 Delegates Project. Do you think this will have any impact on the delegates decisions?

Question #3: If a delegate is committed, could he/she still change his/her mind and is there a law preventing them from doing so?

Yes, I know chances are slim, but until the convention is over with I won't give up hope, that's what Dr. Paul said early on.

tribute_13
08-06-2008, 03:34 AM
bump for joy

RickyJ
08-06-2008, 04:32 AM
The only possibility for Paul being the Republican nominee is if the rest of the candidates drop dead before the convention. Even then they would try to not let him have it. I know this will make some mad here, but IMO Paul didn't try that hard to win. He said that was a goal of his, but his actions, or rather lack of them, said something else. To me it said he was just trying to spread his message to more people.

tribute_13
08-06-2008, 04:15 PM
Well, I think Ron Paul didn't go ALL OUT in his campaign, he could've done a lot more, spent a few more dollars. Maybe his primary goal was CFL to begin. Maybe an organization will have a longer lasting effect than a 4-8 year administration.

However, I asked three questions and none got answered lol.

Aratus
08-06-2008, 04:17 PM
if the G.O.P is too harsh and stern, the rally could be the start of a new political party...

The One
08-06-2008, 04:55 PM
Yes, this scenario has been gone over time and time again. Paul has virtually no chance of winning the GOP nomination. However with the large amount of uncommitted delegates, there is still a possibility.

Question #1: Do you think that maybe the Rally for the Republic might inadvertently cause a brokered convention? The Rally will be influential and important. Uncommitted delegates could be influenced by the announcement of the convention and be doing some research.

Question #2: I just joined the DVD's 4 Delegates Project. Do you think this will have any impact on the delegates decisions?

Question #3: If a delegate is committed, could he/she still change his/her mind and is there a law preventing them from doing so?

Yes, I know chances are slim, but until the convention is over with I won't give up hope, that's what Dr. Paul said early on.

Answer #1: No.

Answer #2: No.

Answer #3: I don't know.

pacelli
08-06-2008, 05:20 PM
Well, I think Ron Paul didn't go ALL OUT in his campaign, he could've done a lot more, spent a few more dollars. Maybe his primary goal was CFL to begin. Maybe an organization will have a longer lasting effect than a 4-8 year administration.

However, I asked three questions and none got answered lol.

If Ron Paul intentionally didn't go ALL OUT in his campaign (which I agree with you on btw), what makes you think he'd go ALL OUT to accept the nomination in the remote chance that committed delegates violate the rules and vote against McCain?

pacelli
08-06-2008, 05:22 PM
if the G.O.P is too harsh and stern, the rally could be the start of a new political party...

I'm actually afraid of that-- if it is the start of a new political party, can you imagine the fighting that would ensue between CFL, libertarians, greens, constitutionalists, and republicans? Starting a new political party out of the CFL is a self-imposed sentence for permanent obscurity.

Aratus
08-07-2008, 06:30 AM
toss in perot's reform party and yes... it really fragments the landscape. the THREAT of a party coming into being MiGHt have mccain sit up and take notice. i admit this to him is up there with paris hilton's eventual smart-set smart money presidential run sometime after 2016... or the like

IRO-bot
08-07-2008, 06:39 AM
toss in perot's reform party and yes... it really fragments the landscape. the THREAT of a party coming into being MiGHt have mccain sit up and take notice. i admit this to him is up there with paris hilton's eventual smart-set smart money presidential run sometime after 2016... or the like

I would vote for her, at least she is Anti-War.

Pauls' Revere
08-07-2008, 06:56 AM

I really hope so, perhaps a Libertarian/Ron Paul Republication hybrid or some such thing?