PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul and Eric Dondero on Sirius Indie Talk (No YouTube:()

rajibo
08-06-2008, 12:14 AM
So yesterday, Joe Salzone, who's show is the Blog Bunker, on the Indie Talk channel, on Sirius Satellite Radio, interviewed Ron Paul. Joe's a big Paul supporter and said he could retire now that he interviewed Ron Paul. He's only 24.

The interview was nothing we all haven't heard before, but after it he had Eric Dondero and Brian Sack who wrote this (http://photos1.blogger.com/x/blogger2/3465/955649638259656/220/z/888007/gse_multipart38561.jpg) book (who is also an RP supporter).

Anyway, Eric Dondoro really is a big douche.

He was like, "I wish my former BOSS was still on, so I could ask him what he thinks about the SURGE now! Because the SURGE has WORKED and we are now WINNING the WAR!"

Other Highlights:

"We are in a WAR with ISLAMO-FASCISM!"

and

"Libertarianism STARTED with Barry GOLDWATER and stands for Freedom, Liberty and a STRONG NATIONAL DEFENSE against COMMUNISM then and ISLAMO-FASCISM now!"

Fortunately some good patriots called in and tore him a new one.

I recommend the Indie Talk channel on Sirius. Lots of Ron Paul and third party talk on it lately.

Disclaimer: All quotes are paraphrases.:)

Oh yeah, this is Eric Dondero for those who've never seen him:
http://photos1.blogger.com/x/blogger2/3465/955649638259656/220/z/888007/gse_multipart38561.jpg

0zzy
08-06-2008, 12:58 AM
You don't need to put a disclaimer. That was pretty much a good impersonation of Dondero, maybe "I WAS IN THE MARINES YOU AMERICAN HATING LIBERAL! ANTIAMERICANS SHOULD BE KILLED!"

DeadtoSin
08-06-2008, 01:03 AM
Do they have many good talk radio shows throughout the day on Sirius? I might be interested in picking up a subscription if there are some actual shows worth listening to.

Flash
08-06-2008, 01:06 AM
Do they have many good talk radio shows throughout the day on Sirius? I might be interested in picking up a subscription if there are some actual shows worth listening to.

You should wait until the merger is completely finished, that way you can listen to both Xm and Sirius shows.

0zzy
08-06-2008, 01:10 AM
You should wait until the merger is completely finished, that way you can listen to both Xm and Sirius shows.

indeed. fcc finally approved.

rajibo
08-06-2008, 01:15 AM

Well, I'm a Howard Stern fan so Howard has been my soap opera for like the past 15 years. But even if you don't like that there is something for everybody.

They just launched Indie talk about 6 months ago and I listen to that a lot. There's Sirius Left for the Liberals, Patriot Radio for the Conservatives, Sirius Stars, Fox News Talk, Maxim Radio, Playboy Radio, Doctor Radio, The Catholic Channel, OutQ. Basically something for everybody. And when you get tired of talk, there's a music channel for everything.

The merger with XM will bring even more talent to Satellite radio.

It's a much better value than cable.

rajibo
08-06-2008, 01:27 AM
You don't need to put a disclaimer. That was pretty much a good impersonation of Dondero

I know, but Dondero seems like the type of person who would sue somebody for a forum post.

gilliganscorner
08-06-2008, 05:58 AM
I know, but Dondero seems like the type of person who would sue somebody for a forum post.

He certainly does. He (assuming it was really him) rattled his saber at me for my blog post. Have a look at the article and the comments. (http://gilliganscorner.wordpress.com/2007/12/23/mainstream-medias-governance-policy-with-regard-to-ron-paul-wow/#comments)

The funny thing is that even though I cited the Reason article where Ron Paul was asked about Dondero and Paul stated he "was fired", Dondero blathered on about that "rumor" being started as...let me get the quote:

"This “fired” meme was started by an Anarhist named Paul Frankel alias Disinter, a few months ago, first on libertarian boards, and it’s been repeated all over the internet."

Um. No. Ron Paul flat out stated it, unless Reason magazine is lying or misquoting.

IRO-bot
08-06-2008, 06:35 AM
Dumb Dumb Dumb Dumb.....dero!!!!

LibertyEagle
08-06-2008, 06:49 AM
Dondero is not a Goldwater-Conservative. It ticks me off that he even uttered his name.

kylejack
08-06-2008, 07:22 AM
I wish media outlets would stop giving Dondero any legitimacy at all. He should just be discarded.

mport1
08-06-2008, 07:33 AM
If you have never heard Dondero's interview with Harry Browne it is a MUST - http://www.harrybrowne.org/Archives/Archives.htm#Instructions

The guy is absolutely out of his mind. Here is just part of that interview:

Westmiller: “Well you are talking about emails, I have an email from Eric in which he urges the Bush administration to drop a nuclear bomb on Mecca.”

Harry Browne: Really? Did you do that Eric?

Eric Dondero: Uh, perhaps, probably two to three months ago.

Harry Browne: Do you think that would solve anything?

Eric Deondero: I think, somebody hits me (sic), and somebody kills 3000 of my fellow Americans, I’m gonna hit them back one thousand times harder than they hit me.

Harry Browne: You mean kill one thousand as many…..

Eric Dondero: …I don’t care who it is… I don’t care…look, lets get back to the main point here 3000 Americans died in New York City

Jane Aitken
08-06-2008, 01:45 PM
HA! This is pretty funny. Dumbdero was constantly berating Ron Paul on the RLC mailing lists I am on.

He also was recently in NH gathering signatures for Bob Barr. He showed up at the yearly picnic of one of our taxpayer groups. Other Ron Paul supporters told him that he should steer clear of me if he 'valued his life'.

It was just too funny. :-)