PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Republican Needs Help

LandonCook
08-05-2008, 03:52 PM
And that Republican would be me...

For those who don't know me or don't remember me, my name is Corey Landon Walsh, i'm a Objectivist Libertarian in the Republican party. I was the State Grassrooots Organizer; Searcy County Coordinator; Precinct Leader during the primary, and worked the Iowa Caucus two weeks for Paul.

I'm running in Arkansas for Searcy County Clerk. I decided to run for this office because as a RP Republican I knew that we needed people at every level of government, and as a local office it could give me the experience and help I will need to run for something bigger in a few years.

At the moment I have 8000 households I have to cover in a 2 month period if i'm going to have any shot at winning. But if I can get the money I need to run... I should have this election won.

The donation page on my website that requires programming that is beyond me, and my programmer is busy with his newborn baby. So i've set up a temporary Chipin to take its place.
Here is my chipin if anyone wants to help. http://walshforclerk.chipin.com/campaign-fund

Here is my website: www.WalshForClerk.com All the content should be up within the day.

http://photos-019.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sf2p/v284/39/94/649875019/n649875019_1394135_108.jpg

Jeremy
08-05-2008, 04:01 PM
It's weird how it seems like the local RP groups are too lazy or too uninformed. Does anyone else agree? Maybe they were confused and never belonged here in the first place. I criticized New Jersians months ago for not campaigning enough for Murray Sabrin. It's their fault he lost. If anyone was running near me, I'd be helping out daily. And this is coming from someone who never even joined an RP meetup group or did much of any local things for RP. I just see the importance and the opportunity in local offices. So I'm now dedicating my time to someone miles and miles away (BJ Lawson).

Anyway, if you want people here to help you, you have to provide them with info. What are your chances. How are you going to campaign, etc.

libertarian4321
08-05-2008, 04:06 PM

When I decided to run for office, I never thought for one moment that I would of gotten such little support from my fellow Revolutionaries in my own state. I also didn't expect to have so many things go so wrong. RP supporters in Arkansas have apparently turned tail and ran for the hills. I have also made attempts to contact the RLC, and the CFL. To this day the most i've gotten from the revolution is one 40 dollar donation from a friend. I can't even finish my website because my programmer just had a baby. Which is at www.WalshForClerk.com

I have a chipin... but I doubt anyone would donate to that....
I don't know what to do... After everything I did during the primary I feel kinda betrayed. I donated more to RP than I've seen in my entire election.

You should have run as a Libertarian- at least you could probably stir up a few bucks at the local Libertarian meeting county meeting.

Unless you can show that you have a strong chance of winning, you will get NO HELP from the Republican Party. Yup, thats right- they only help those who really don't need the help. Its the same for the Democrats.

A huge percentage of the candidates running- from federal office to the smallest local offices, get no help- its up to the candidate to raise his own money or self finance.

However, unless you can show that your election will make a difference in their lives AND that you have a strong chance of winning, its unlikely that people will send you money, even if they have similar beliefs. Thats why most of the Ron Paul candidates running for congress aren't raising a lot of money- people don't want to send money to a candidate who hasn't got even a remote shot at winning.

The CFL isn't even off the ground yet. It will have little or no effect on this election- its being built for the future. Hopefully, the CFL will help focus money into winnable races in the future. But for those of us running in races with no real shot, I think its will remain what it has always been- you against the system, with maybe a few tiny donations from friends, family, and those with similar beliefs.

raystone
08-05-2008, 04:08 PM
A little more info on reasons to support Corey.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendID=88339226

speciallyblend
08-05-2008, 04:11 PM
i hope you do well and good luck,but to be honest do not be mad at supporters, the only one to blame is the gop. I do not blame anyone for not wanting the republican stink on them!!!!!

the republican brand name is worth less then garden manure!!!!

revolutionary8
08-05-2008, 04:14 PM

When I decided to run for office, I never thought for one moment that I would of gotten such little support from my fellow Revolutionaries in my own state. I also didn't expect to have so many things go so wrong. RP supporters in Arkansas have apparently turned tail and ran for the hills. I have also made attempts to contact the RLC, and the CFL. To this day the most i've gotten from the revolution is one 40 dollar donation from a friend. I can't even finish my website because my programmer just had a baby. Which is at www.WalshForClerk.com

I have a chipin... but I doubt anyone would donate to that....
I need money for signs, pens, cards, advertising, ect... but I can't get my site finished, contact Paul or anyone at national, or get help anywhere else...

I don't know what to do... After everything I did during the primary I feel kinda betrayed. I donated more to RP than I've seen in my entire election.

Here is what my signs would look like if I could afford signs:
http://photos-019.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sf2p/v284/39/94/649875019/n649875019_1394135_108.jpg

Landon,
might i suggest turning the stars on the elephant right side up? ;)

Good luck to you, I would consider getting a hold of your local meet up organizer and calling registered Republicans in your area personally. Perhaps you and some friends could split up the list- call them and let them know that you plan to run, and are seeking volunteers to help w/ canvassing. Main thing is trying to establish a network of volunteers- if not for this cycle, for the next.
All of the RP Repbublicans who lost their elections should hit them again the next go round. We can't stop.

Jeremy
08-05-2008, 04:41 PM
Landon,

Good luck to you, I would consider getting a hold of your local meet up organizer and calling registered Republicans in your area personally. Perhaps you and some friends could split up the list- call them and let them know that you plan to run, and are seeking volunteers to help w/ canvassing. Main thing is trying to establish a network of volunteers- if not for this cycle, for the next.
All of the RP Repbublicans who lost their elections should hit them again the next go round. We can't stop.

The stars are actually that way on the Republican logo.

revolutionary8
08-05-2008, 05:05 PM
The stars are actually that way on the Republican logo.

Yes, I know. Strange isn't it?

At least they got this one right:
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:kcFy8hYCuuZO1M:http://www.gopconvention2008.com/media/logo/logo_600.jpg

LandonCook
08-05-2008, 10:28 PM
Landon,

I am the organizer... lol

Hangly Man
08-05-2008, 11:07 PM
I'm not close enough to Arkansas to offer any material support, but I can offer my skills as a designer if you like. That is if you're serious. I assume you've registered?

hopeforamerica
08-05-2008, 11:22 PM
I just chipped in $10. Wish we had someone here in AZ to throw our support behind 100%! I was just telling my husband if we had BJ Lawson in AZ, we would be so busy busting our butts for his campaign. Some people are really missing the boat by not supporting good people for office.

Good luck!

LandonCook
08-06-2008, 12:39 AM
I'm not close enough to Arkansas to offer any material support, but I can offer my skills as a designer if you like. That is if you're serious. I assume you've registered?

Registered? I'm the republican candidate. I do most of my design work but if there is something on the website that you can do that you think would add to the site's appeal I would defiantly consider taking you up on your offer.

LandonCook
08-06-2008, 12:42 AM
I just chipped in $10. Wish we had someone here in AZ to throw our support behind 100%! I was just telling my husband if we had BJ Lawson in AZ, we would be so busy busting our butts for his campaign. Some people are really missing the boat by not supporting good people for office.

Good luck!

Thankyou very much... It would be nice if there was someone I could talk to about getting that chipin on the front page after i've finished my website with the rest of the content.

ronpaulblogsdotcom
08-06-2008, 01:30 AM
I would be interested in more info.

You are running GOP. I gather your opposition has the initials W.S. Is this correct? What is their party? Do they have a website?

The election is November, right?

I could help with the website and putting things online like the chipin. Did you setup the domain or did the volunteer? You might need to point it elsewhere as they are hosting it and probably wont give you access to change the files. Maybe they will. hard to say.

I am not in Arkansas so cant help with local things.

LandonCook
08-06-2008, 01:40 AM
I would be interested in more info.

You are running GOP. Um? Yes. I gather your opposition has the initials W.S. Is this correct? Yes, how did you know that? What is their party? Dem Do they have a website? No, he has no need for one... I only put one up because I have friends outside the county.

The election is November, right? Yes

I could help with the website and putting things online like the chipin. Did you setup the domain or did the volunteer? You might need to point it elsewhere as they are hosting it and probably wont give you access to change the files. Maybe they will. hard to say. I have the domain but it is routed through his server at the moment.

I am not in Arkansas so cant help with local things.

Jeremy
08-06-2008, 08:21 AM
Maybe you could also get some help from the Huckabee supporters. (there must be a lot in Huck's home state)

LandonCook
08-06-2008, 10:24 AM
They aren't exactly around either.

raystone
08-07-2008, 08:07 AM

Good luck!

I just added another $10

If indications are correct, Ron Paul will be giving us orders to take over the GOP at the local level, take back the power centers.

This guy, Corey Landon Walsh, is already leading by example ...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=115609&highlight=searcy

Why not show a little support

http://walshforclerk.chipin.com/campaign-fund

tekkierich
08-07-2008, 08:45 AM
Chipped in $25. Good Luck

mavtek
08-07-2008, 09:22 AM
Dude I'm giving you $10.

tmosley
08-07-2008, 10:12 AM
I'll be giving $25 when I get home tonight. I'm posting so I don't waffle out of it...

constituent
08-07-2008, 10:25 AM
When I decided to run for office, I never thought for one moment that I would of gotten such little support from my fellow Revolutionaries in my own state. I also didn't expect to have so many things go so wrong. RP supporters in Arkansas have apparently turned tail and ran for the hills. I have also made attempts to contact the national RLC, and the CFL but didn't get anyone. To this day the most i've gotten from the revolution is one 40 dollar donation from a friend. I can't even finish my website because my programmer just had a baby.

maybe it was your approach?

LandonCook
08-07-2008, 11:36 AM
maybe it was your approach?

My liberty group in Searcy county is pretty much the last group left in Arkansas... but we are active enough to do the work of 10 meetups... My group just donated 100 to me but we have alot of expenses. We pay guest speakers to come down and visit our community, we host large meetings and events for the public, and we are starting the county's first gun and knife show.

constituent
08-07-2008, 11:57 AM
My liberty group in Searcy county is pretty much the last group left in Arkansas... but we are active enough to do the work of 10 meetups... My group just donated 100 to me but we have alot of expenses. We pay guest speakers to come down and visit our community, we host large meetings and events for the public, and we are starting the county's first gun and knife show.

momentum... keep plugging away.

ronpaulblogsdotcom
08-07-2008, 11:59 AM
OP - Can you answer my questions a page or two back?

Running against etc....

LandonCook
08-07-2008, 12:29 PM
OP - Can you answer my questions a page or two back?

Running against etc....

I did... look in your quote for the answers.

ronpaulblogsdotcom
08-07-2008, 01:04 PM
Sorry I did not see the answers in the quote.

Ok so you are a GOP against a DEM incumbent it seems. I did a little research on Searcy County and found out his name.

Supposedly that corner of Arkansas is slightly Republican. You might have a fighting chance. There are not that many people in that city or county. You can go door to door and hit a lot of people.

But you need your message down and polished. Your site needs to be up if the web address is on your literature. You can do this on the cheap if you are not getting a ton of donations. An 8.5 X 11 piece of colored paper with a good message on it can do wonders. If you have a good laser printer you could do black on a light blue that would look good and be cheap to print out. Or have a copy shop do a bunch at one time. See what price you can get. I would not worry about fancy four color things for a County Clerk position.

You might get donations from doing that too. You might get more volunteers by doing that as well. You never know what people will do once they know that you are the sole GOP opposition.

I would contact GOP politicians once your platform, website, and message is down and announce that you are running for office. See if you can meet them and ask for pointers, a picture, or an endorsement. Go to their events and help them.

hopeforamerica
08-07-2008, 01:10 PM
Good to see more donations coming in! Keep it up gang:D

Austin
08-07-2008, 01:39 PM
Bump.

LandonCook
08-07-2008, 04:36 PM
Sorry I did not see the answers in the quote.

Ok so you are a GOP against a DEM incumbent it seems. I did a little research on Searcy County and found out his name.

Supposedly that corner of Arkansas is slightly Republican. You might have a fighting chance. There are not that many people in that city or county. You can go door to door and hit a lot of people.

But you need your message down and polished. Your site needs to be up if the web address is on your literature. You can do this on the cheap if you are not getting a ton of donations. An 8.5 X 11 piece of colored paper with a good message on it can do wonders. If you have a good laser printer you could do black on a light blue that would look good and be cheap to print out. Or have a copy shop do a bunch at one time. See what price you can get. I would not worry about fancy four color things for a County Clerk position.

You might get donations from doing that too. You might get more volunteers by doing that as well. You never know what people will do once they know that you are the sole GOP opposition.

I would contact GOP politicians once your platform, website, and message is down and announce that you are running for office. See if you can meet them and ask for pointers, a picture, or an endorsement. Go to their events and help them.

I actually am doing that. I'm designing a sheet now with my picture and a bunch of information on me. But im not going to hand those out im going to have my friends hand them out door to door, while I can meet people in person and tell them who I am.

I really don't have a platform considering the office im running for but I do need to finish what I can on the website because I want to get my radio campaign underway.

The problem I will have with door to door is that everyone is very spread out across the county. Luckily, there are alot of people who have said they would vote for me even though they haven't met me, but im not going to count on that to win.

jm1776
08-07-2008, 04:41 PM
Corey is the real deal. I just kicked in $50.00 and I'll add more routinely.

We first met when Corey drove from a couple of counties away to attend our meetup one night. (pre primary) Later he attended our county GOP committee Christmas party which was the first visit with the Committee for all of us.

We will be drumming up more help in state and any support out of state is greatly appreciated! The liberty message here in AR is sorely needed.

LandonCook
08-07-2008, 08:08 PM
Corey is the real deal. I just kicked in $50.00 and I'll add more routinely.

We first met when Corey drove from a couple of counties away to attend our meetup one night. (pre primary) Later he attended our county GOP committee Christmas party which was the first visit with the Committee for all of us.

We will be drumming up more help in state and any support out of state is greatly appreciated! The liberty message here in AR is sorely needed.

Thanks Jim! That also has alot to do with the fact that I like the Republicans you guys have down there. They are much more involved and serious about what the party is and should be doing. Very good people.

LandonCook
08-08-2008, 11:56 AM
I just added another $10

If indications are correct, Ron Paul will be giving us orders to take over the GOP at the local level, take back the power centers.

This guy, Corey Landon Walsh, is already leading by example ...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=115609&highlight=searcy

Why not show a little support

http://walshforclerk.chipin.com/campaign-fund

Well that was the idea last year wasn't it? Everyone told me we needed our people in office so I said ok and signed up... lol

ronpaulblogsdotcom
08-08-2008, 12:14 PM
Landon if you get some more info on the website I could probably help you. If you get the template of whatever they used to make your blog I could probably figure out how to make the rest of the pages.

You should write what text you want on what pages. How much info to give such as addresses emails etc.

If you want just write it in Word so it checks spelling mistakes and makes it look nice.

Then me or whoever can cut and paste it into the template.

If you want I can host the site on some extra space I have or change the domain to point to yours if you have some hosting or want to buy it for some reason. I can host for free and guarantee it until at least November probably longer.

Let me know if you are ready on that stuff.

PS And get any pictures you want online collected. Dont compress or cut or anything just have them ready. Do you have a good pic of you in a suit and/or the city hall or something?

Jason726
08-13-2008, 05:08 PM
Jason, thank you for your payment

You just paid without exposing your financial information.
Receipt ID: 32730793***********
An email with your order summary has been sent to

Good Luck, and thank you for running.