PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol in Minnesota State Parks

Chris_Augustine
08-05-2008, 12:04 PM
You guys and gals do realize that Minnesota state parks prohibit alcoholic beverages. That's why I'm going to a Wisconsin State Park; to drink heavily and have fun.;)

KenInMontiMN
08-05-2008, 12:46 PM
Very true, unfortunately- MN has become absolutely infested with people hellbent of rule-making these past few decades.

Ninja Homer
08-05-2008, 01:52 PM
I've never actually seen that enforced. I think it's mainly used to keep big parties out of state parks. I've had conversations with park rangers with beer in hand, and they never said anything about it. I think you're normally ok as long as you remain peaceful, quiet, and civilized.

Don't hold me to that though. If you plan on partying, go to a private campgrounds that allows it, or go to Ronstock. Wait... am I assuming too much? Alcohol will be allowed at Ronstock, right? I do plan on celebrating and having a good time... for me that includes a little drinking.

Danke
08-05-2008, 02:20 PM
I If you plan on partying, go to a private campgrounds that allows it, or go to Ronstock. Wait... am I assuming too much? Alcohol will be allowed at Ronstock, right? I do plan on celebrating and having a good time... for me that includes a little drinking.

Only Organic Brew. :p

libertarian4321
08-05-2008, 05:31 PM
I've never actually seen that enforced. I think it's mainly used to keep big parties out of state parks. I've had conversations with park rangers with beer in hand, and they never said anything about it. I think you're normally ok as long as you remain peaceful, quiet, and civilized.

Don't hold me to that though. If you plan on partying, go to a private campgrounds that allows it, or go to Ronstock. Wait... am I assuming too much? Alcohol will be allowed at Ronstock, right? I do plan on celebrating and having a good time... for me that includes a little drinking.

Speciallyblend, who is organizing Ronstock, has indicated that it will be allowed. However, we need to keep it reasonable since it will be on someone's private property- no getting drunk and stupid and destroying things.

John E
08-05-2008, 05:39 PM
Drinking at the rallies isn't a smart idea / it will be used an excuse to hassle you.