Joseph Hart
08-05-2008, 09:36 AM
America is like Pro Wrestling, its fake! LOL

MRoCkEd
08-05-2008, 09:55 AM
thx

Jeremy
08-05-2008, 10:10 AM
If he ran for President in 2012, I wouldn't vote for him.

Joseph Hart
08-05-2008, 10:24 AM

Whats your reasoning.

Paulfan05
08-05-2008, 10:25 AM
He has a german shepherd, he has my vote :D

Jeremy
08-05-2008, 10:35 AM
Whats your reasoning.

He doesn't seem as well educated in policy / philosophy as Ron Paul, Bob Barr, Chuck Baldwin, etc. I've also never heard him speak of anything pro-freedom outside of the obvious: civil liberties and anti-war. Speaking about war, why did he say he's sympathetic to pacifism??? Pacifism is dangerous if you need to defend yourself, although I doubt he realized the extent to which pacifists are anti-war. He's also in bed with the conspiracy theorists, yet I've never seen him logically explain his reasoning behind his half-beliefs (as well as every other 9/11 truther). I definitely support his approach of simply not being sure, as oppose to many truthers who blindly talk about it with 100% confidence, but still...

Also, our primary goal for POTUS in 2012 should be a Ron Paul Republican since they'd obviously have a better shot. Just look at what the Paul campaign has done... let's do it again! If we can't get the Republican nomination as soon as 2012, then I'd personally go to the LP or CP again.

yaz
08-05-2008, 11:01 AM
I would vote for Barr over Ventura.

Joseph Hart
08-05-2008, 11:18 AM
He doesn't seem as well educated in policy / philosophy as Ron Paul, Bob Barr, Chuck Baldwin, etc. I've also never heard him speak of anything pro-freedom outside of the obvious: civil liberties and anti-war. Speaking about war, why did he say he's sympathetic to pacifism??? Pacifism is dangerous if you need to defend yourself, although I doubt he realized the extent to which pacifists are anti-war. He's also in bed with the conspiracy theorists, yet I've never seen him logically explain his reasoning behind his half-beliefs (as well as every other 9/11 truther). I definitely support his approach of simply not being sure, as oppose to many truthers who blindly talk about it with 100% confidence, but still...

Also, our primary goal for POTUS in 2012 should be a Ron Paul Republican since they'd obviously have a better shot. Just look at what the Paul campaign has done... let's do it again! If we can't get the Republican nomination as soon as 2012, then I'd personally go to the LP or CP again.

Im half and half, but its still in a good cup of Wake up Coffee.
He should be the General when Ron Paul is President.

Imperial
08-05-2008, 11:43 AM
I would probably vote for him holding my nose over the republicans and democrats, unless we manage to shove an RPR down their throats.

However, I think the best route would be Ventura running independent and having a strong conservative too. That would let me vote for him easier.

Then again, it also depends who runs for the Libertarians and Constitution Parties too...

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
08-05-2008, 11:44 AM

watch the 2nd video - he logically explains his doubts about 9/11 as a Seal Demolition Frogman.

Jeremy
08-05-2008, 11:53 AM
watch the 2nd video - he logically explains his doubts about 9/11 as a Seal Demolition Frogman.

I already watched it. That wasn't a logical explanation. He said one sentence. And truthers use his experience at an attempt to prove their point... doesn't work like that.

Joseph Hart
08-05-2008, 12:13 PM
I already watched it. That wasn't a logical explanation. He said one sentence. And truthers use his experience at an attempt to prove their point... doesn't work like that.

He wasn't trying to prove 911, only the idea that there is unanswered questions that need answering.

powerofreason
08-05-2008, 12:39 PM
Good interview, I like the guy, even if I disagree with him sometimes.

Joseph Hart
08-05-2008, 12:55 PM
I wrote to AlJazeera thanking them for making this interview happen. Do the same! http://english.aljazeera.net/Services/ArticleTools/SendFeedback.aspx?GUID=2008525184028476209

LibertiORDeth
08-05-2008, 01:16 PM
Why does he live in Mexico?

Joseph Hart
08-05-2008, 01:18 PM

No fluoride in the water. lol

BarryDonegan
08-05-2008, 01:24 PM

I'm not sure that there is a Ron Paul Republican who can gain the type of awareness that eclipses media blackouts in a 4 year window. Jesse Ventura, however, is such a human circus that the media's attempt to silence him would fail.

With Ron Paul in his ear, as he obviously is at this point, Ventura may well become a principled liberty advocate with the starpower of someone from Hollywood. This could be the kind of strange recipe for an independant president.

another thing, that i think is key here, is that we need a moritorium on the term "conspiracy theory" on these forums. the term in-and-of itself betrays bad logic. Conspiracy Theory literally means a theory that multiple people planned an action together, which in politics would mean every single action that ever happened ever.

Colloquially it means "alternate theory or viewpoint which is politically unacceptable to consider"

whether or not you give creedence to any of the billions of theories about subjects which are considered "conspiracy theory", you HAVE to see that there is never an acceptable reason when investigating any event to NOT consider possible alternatives. the scientific process is to try all possible theories until you find the one which simply cannot fail, and to keep trying it until it does fail. even politically speaking, if Bush had investigated all of the events regarding 911 thoroughly, fired or punished anyone he felt had some blame in it on our side of the country, which there has to be at the very least negligence, then there would be no possibility of a 911 truth type movement rising up. it is a political mistake to leave so many loose ends on an issue which has that much emotional severity.

i would hope that we, advocates for liberty, could stop the antiintellectualism that is involved in poor logic such as referring to ideas as "conspiracy theories", referring to people who question unpopular subjects as "conspiracy theorists", and by saying that having an alternate viewpoint, or a lack of a viewpoint on 911 as being in "bed with" conspiracy theorists.

you can disagree with someone on those subjects without creating an ad hominem attack.

personally i do not believe that the Bush Administration orchestrated these attacks, I do see a relative possibility that someone lower in the food chain might have noticed the attack coming and failed to stop it in order to gain public support for the war, as this is what the US does EVERY TIME we EVER go to a war. there is no real evidence to prove this, so I don't run around claiming that it occurred, just that if i did occur it would not surprise me. however, i have no viewpoint on the issue at all. I do feel, though, that we should question anyone who takes anti-intellectual reasoning to attacking someones viewpoints. This is the same thing the media tried to do with Dr. Paul, although I don't think it really worked, because most people who discovered him wound up supporting him.

Knightskye
08-05-2008, 01:33 PM
"That's why they call it fishing, not catching."

Hahahaha. :D

dannno
08-05-2008, 01:33 PM
With Ron Paul in his ear, as he obviously is at this point, Ventura may well become a principled liberty advocate with the starpower of someone from Hollywood. This could be the kind of strange recipe for an independant president.

Ya, I hope Ron Paul is very deep in his ear, so to speak...

Jesse is a good guy and has the right idea, but he has a few things to learn still.

Rhys
08-05-2008, 01:42 PM

He's good enough to speak at the Rally... i think you're being rash anyway. we haven't even elected someone for 2008 yet. lol let the guy run before you decide he's not telling you everything YOU want to know. I'm sure he'll make a house call to you before he runs to answer any questions you might have.

ClayTrainor
08-05-2008, 02:20 PM
Great interview.

libertea
08-05-2008, 02:26 PM
Open borders, what a concept. "...what would be wrong with that?"

surf
08-05-2008, 02:34 PM
i'd vote for him. pro-peace, pro-civil liberties, anti-government largess, and a person that presents himself as very pro-open government. he'd appoint Dr. Paul as VP, Secretary of State (or Treasury) and/or nominate him for FRB Chairman.

i'd classify him as an honest individual that would be an honest politician. we can't expect too much more from a politician that could win.

KenInMontiMN
08-05-2008, 02:48 PM
Yeah, as far as the "Truth" business is concerned I think both extremes are a bit over the edge; I'd argue that anyone who thinks there is absolutely no chance that there may have been some foreknowledge and complicity suffers from a degree of naivety for that automatic assumption. I'd also argue that anyone convinced that proof positive already exists suffers the same.

What is true I think is that there are some unusual circumstances that deserve some consideration for investigation, aimed directly at the White House, Pentagon, Intelligence, & possibly property owners. What it would reveal if that happened could range from absolutely nothing all the way to some surprising revelations especially if immunity were offered in exchange for solid info. But we'll never know unless that investigation happens, the one that did happen was kept very limited to intelligence failures for the most part, and was directed by cronies of the White House/CFR themselves.

I'd leave it to survivors and victims families- if they want such an investigation they deserve it. If they don't and are satisfied, well so be it, no one has greater moral authority to make that call, either way.

aspiringconstitutionalist
08-05-2008, 02:58 PM
I could see myself holding my nose and voting for Ventura maybe, but if you look at his actual positions on the issues, he supports a surprising number of statist measures. http://www.ontheissues.org/Jesse_Ventura.htm

Pro-choice, pro-affirmative action, anti-gun, pro-state-government health care, anti-school choice, pro-ethanol subsidies... blech.

I'm still holding out for a Gary Johnson run.

revolutionary8
08-05-2008, 03:00 PM
He has a german shepherd, he has my vote :D

He has my vote too, but his dog is a Belgian Malinois.
:)
Good interview. Jesse is a very brave man.

libertarian4321
08-05-2008, 03:10 PM

A lot of Americans live in Mexico- there are communities in Mexico that are majority American. Retirees especially like it.

There are a lot of reasons for it- MUCH cheaper, warm weather (some think its good for their health), more "exotic" and interesting than living in Bumscrew, IA.

Also, for a celebrity like Ventura, its probably a lot more peaceful- no reporters/photographers hounding him.

revolutionary8
08-05-2008, 03:15 PM
I could see myself holding my nose and voting for Ventura maybe, but if you look at his actual positions on the issues, he supports a surprising number of statist measures. http://www.ontheissues.org/Jesse_Ventura.htm

Pro-choice, pro-affirmative action, anti-gun, pro-state-government health care, anti-school choice, pro-ethanol subsidies... blech.

I'm still holding out for a Gary Johnson run.

where do you get that he is anti-gun?

* Gun responsibility goes with gun rights. (Jul 2000)
* Guns are designed to kill; respect them. (Jan 1999)
* If you’re going to own a gun, know what you’re doing. (Jan 1999)
* Concealed weapons OK if you can pass safety exam. (Nov 1998)

My biggest issue with him is his stance on illegal immigration and Global Warming. I do believe that Jesse is one of the few who has the capacity to "come around". He certainly "came around" to the fact that we need a new investigation in to 911. I also like his view of smaller government, and his stance on the Military-

* War isn’t civilized; don’t expect warriors to be. (Jan 1999)
* Military is stronger if all-volunteer. (Jan 1999)
* Against the draft; for including women except in combat. (Jan 1999)

libertarian4321
08-05-2008, 03:29 PM

Given the likely opponents- a big government Democrat, a big government Republican, a Libertarian who wishes he could crack 1%, and a bunch of "4th party" clowns who won't even be on the ballot in most states and won't crack 0.5%, who else would you vote for?

Ventura is far from perfect. He isn't nearly as well informed as Ron Paul, but compared to the likely alternatives, voting for Ventura would be a pleasure.

08-05-2008, 03:39 PM
* Concealed weapons OK if you can pass safety exam. (Nov 1998)

Maybe we should have to pass an exam to exercise our first amendment rights too. Words can, after all, be deadly.

revolutionary8
08-05-2008, 03:54 PM
Maybe we should have to pass an exam to exercise our first amendment rights too. Words can, after all, be deadly.
You have a point, and the safety exams are just a way to collect money and monitor people. That said, I wouldn't call him anti-gun.

Jeremy
08-05-2008, 03:58 PM
Given the likely opponents- a big government Democrat, a big government Republican, a Libertarian who wishes he could crack 1%, and a bunch of "4th party" clowns who won't even be on the ballot in most states and won't crack 0.5%, who else would you vote for?

Ventura is far from perfect. He isn't nearly as well informed as Ron Paul, but compared to the likely alternatives, voting for Ventura would be a pleasure.

What you said made no sense at all. O_o You're criticizing the Libertarian, saying he/she won't get many votes? What??? Ventura would get less. Uh.... :confused:

BarryDonegan
08-05-2008, 05:17 PM
Jesse Ventura running for president would definatley not garner small percentage votes. right now the voter base in america is so weak, that if you actually reasonably funded a presidential campaign for a well-known cartoon character such as donald duck, and got him on the ballot, you might have an easier time getting americans to show up and vote for donald duck out of protest than a real candidate that is an actual human being.

that said, jesse ventura is cartoony enough to stay in the media, and, if he had ron pauls talking points, which he is flirting with right now, people would stick around once they heard him speak.

he won governor of a state against a rockefeller guy, hes no joke. every time someone makes fun of his background, they stumble onthe fact that he is a vietnam veteran navy seal, which pretty much trumps anything anyone else ever did. throw in the fact that he opposes the war and vocally opposes the government, he would be the "tough" guy that could take guys who are still lingering on the war over to the good side.

Carole
08-05-2008, 06:05 PM
Dr. Paul would probably not take the FRB job since it would be so short-about one day. :D

RickyJ
08-05-2008, 06:18 PM
He's also in bed with the conspiracy theorists, yet I've never seen him logically explain his reasoning behind his half-beliefs (as well as every other 9/11 truther)..

You got to be kidding! It is the non-9/11 truthers that can't explain their illogical views of how 19 Arabs defied the laws of physics on 9/11 according to the MSM and the government. Please do some research and come back when you get an education to apologize for being so ignorant about such an important topic.

RickyJ
08-05-2008, 06:22 PM

Go watch WTC7 come down. What is it with you people? Can you not see! It was an obvious demolition. In the words of demolition expert it was a "perfect demolition."

http://whatreallyhappened.com/IMAGES/SMALL_wtc-7_1_.gif

rich34
08-05-2008, 06:42 PM
He's also in bed with the conspiracy theorists, yet I've never seen him logically explain his reasoning behind his half-beliefs (as well as every other 9/11 truther). I definitely support his approach of simply not being sure, as oppose to many truthers who blindly talk about it with 100% confidence, but still...

What the hell do you mean logically? Arguing that one of the strongest buildings ever built can not fall at free fall speed unless in a vacuum (hence bombs) is not logical?? WTF?

08-05-2008, 08:08 PM
Dr. Paul would probably not take the FRB job since it would be so short-about one day. :D

Dr. Paul could build up quite a resume. One day as Secretary of the Department of Education (before the department mysteriously disappeared after its secretary requested a $0 budget for the upcoming fiscal year), one day as Energy Secretary, one day as HUD Secretary, one day as Homeland Security Secretary, etc.

Wouldn't it be great...?

Akus
08-05-2008, 08:09 PM
i'd vote for him. pro-peace, pro-civil liberties, anti-government largess, and a person that presents himself as very pro-open government. he'd appoint Dr. Paul as VP, Secretary of State (or Treasury) and/or nominate him for FRB Chairman.

i'd classify him as an honest individual that would be an honest politician. we can't expect too much more from a politician that could win.

It may be too late for 2008, but come next election why don't we take this guy

http://i38.tinypic.com/33bflsz.jpg

and put him in a steel cage match with this guy

http://i37.tinypic.com/dnj0uq.jpg

and whoever walks out is the next US president.

I mean, even that kind of a selection is more useful then the criteria they select our leaders by these days.

Akus
08-05-2008, 08:14 PM
and since we've hijacked this thread you might as well see the Undertaker's new ring entrance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tsppky6RaaI

rockandrollsouls
08-05-2008, 08:53 PM
Whats your reasoning.

In that interview he clearly has a liberal view on corporations and the economy. Don't need someone interfering in my markets, don't need someone keeping open borders. He's very vague and more of a moderate.

RevolutionSD
08-05-2008, 10:22 PM
Nice interview, I agree w/Ventura on most topics.

I'm not voting ever again, but Jesse could shake things up I'm sure if he ran in 2012.

RevolutionSD
08-05-2008, 10:25 PM
In that interview he clearly has a liberal view on corporations and the economy. Don't need someone interfering in my markets, don't need someone keeping open borders. He's very vague and more of a moderate.

Open borders is a misunderstood view.
If we want true freedom, we need to open the borders. But first, we need to eliminate the welfare state. Take out the welfare state, and let anyone in who can make it on their own. We have nothing to lose, and will be even more free.

Why do you think massive bureaucracies at the border are a good thing and will keep us safe? The problem is not mexicans, the problem is having all these laws, and giving anyone who can get in here free healthcare, schools, hospitals, etc.

rockandrollsouls
08-05-2008, 10:47 PM
Open borders is a misunderstood view.
If we want true freedom, we need to open the borders. But first, we need to eliminate the welfare state. Take out the welfare state, and let anyone in who can make it on their own. We have nothing to lose, and will be even more free.

Why do you think massive bureaucracies at the border are a good thing and will keep us safe? The problem is not mexicans, the problem is having all these laws, and giving anyone who can get in here free healthcare, schools, hospitals, etc.

Do you have any evidence to support this? You can't have open borders with minimum wage laws, which sadly, are never going away. Plus I happen to believe open borders diminishes our sovereign nation. John McManus happens to agree.

Gotta fix our own problems here before we get involved with any other nations like this, and we have a lot to fix.

muzzled dogg
08-05-2008, 10:49 PM
props on the videos