PDA

View Full Version : Trial Baloon- General strike anyone?

Hangly Man
08-05-2008, 01:33 AM
Supposing, just supposing all the rallies and demonstrations in the world are unable to stop this government.

I know the progression goes "soap box, ballot box, jury box, ammo box." My concern is that the possibilities of the first three are quickly becoming exhausted, and it's a very big step between boxes #3 and #4.

So I wonder if my fellow patriots would like to join me here in brainstorming some other forms of direct citizen action that might work--strategies that go beyond standing politely on the sidewalk with a sign, but don't go quite as far as firebombing the white house.

I think some Gandhi and MLK style actions would be an appropriate next step. My preference would be some kind of general strike, because I think that would draw the most participants.

Thoughts? Anyone besides me willing to get arrested violating some unjust laws?

Nate
08-05-2008, 10:49 AM
Good idea! General strikes are very powerful but this movement needs to grow a little more before it would be effective enough. This is a good time to talk about this so that when the time is right we can just pull it out of the bag o' tricks and stop the machine for a bit just to prove a point. I'm going to bring this up at the next meeting here in Chicago.

Hangly Man
08-05-2008, 10:56 PM
I agree this is a good time to talk about it. So I'll just bump this once.