PDA

View Full Version : Senator Orrin Hatch to Paul backers: Support John McCain

RonPaulFanInGA
08-04-2008, 08:51 PM
http://www.elkodaily.com/articles/2008/08/04/news/breaking_news/aid10.txt

ELKO - The Nevada sky was clear and blue for the first time in weeks Saturday over the Nisbet Cabin in Lamoille, but the festivities on the ground were decidedly red as the Elko County Republican Central Committee held its annual steak fry with Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, on hand to stump for presidential candidate John McCain.

“I've known John McCain for over 20 years,” said Hatch, the senior senator from Utah now in his 32nd year in the Senate. “We all know his story, his service to his country, the price he paid. I've seen him stand up to the whole Senate.”

Hatch urged the dozens of local Republicans in attendance to unite behind McCain, and he specifically asked Texas Rep. Ron Paul supporters who believe they've been disenfranchised by the state Republican Party to unite under one candidate.

Hatch said McCain was “tough” and is a “true, blue conservative in most ways,” and he believes McCain can fulfill his promise to balance a federal budget deficit - expected to hit $10 trillion in a year - by 2013.

Hatch also said McCain was adamantly opposed to earmarks, also known as pork barrel spending, and conceded the national Republican Party has “lost its way or at least people think we did.”

He said there has never been a fiscally conservative majority in the Senate during the more than three decades he has served. “There's always been eight to 10 liberal Republican senators” hwo have prevented a supermajority of 60 votes required to pass sound fiscal policy.

Also on hand was Rep. Dean Heller, R-Nev., who very well could face off for the second time against a surging Jill Derby, the former leader of the Nevada Democratic Party.

“I feel fortunate to know Dean Heller,” said Hatch. “He's a good addition (to the House of Representatives), a tough guy and I'm really proud of him.”

But it was McCain's bid for the White House that brought Hatch to Lamoille.

“With McCain, what you see is what you get,” he said. The former war hero and Senate maverick would reduce taxes, maintain a strong military, and not allow profligate spending, said Hatch.

Hatch credited McCain with the idea of the military surge in Iraq, which has resulted in less violence in the country. “He's a true hero,” he said of the man who spent seven years in the notorious North Vietnam prisoner of war camp dubbed the Hanoi Hilton.

McCain, said Hatch, would spur economic growth by cutting the corporate tax rate from 35 percent to 25 percent.

If Congress approves the tax burden decrease, he said America could “out-compete” any country in the world.

Hatch said McCain's opponent, Barack Obama, D-Ill., “was a nice person and a good speaker, intelligent and glib, but nobody knows what he stands for.”

The Utah senator said an Obama presidency would result in higher taxes and liberal U.S. Supreme Court justices who would legislate from the bench. He noted six of the nine judges are more than 70 years old, and at least three of the more conservative justices are expected to retire and would be replaced by the next president.

Strict constructionists who adhere to the Constitution are the type of justices the high court requires, he indicated, not activist judges who make law rather than follow it.

According to Hatch, McCain has a “huge advantage” over Obama when it comes to foreign affairs. On Democrats in general, Hatch said, “They want us to become the new France. I don't want us to become the new France, although I like France and its people.”

“People know he'll do what he say's he'll do,” said Hatch of McCain, and that includes how the nation fights the war on terror, state's rights, and conservative spending.

While Ron Paul supporters are upset with Nevada's Republican leadership over what they consider improper and even illegal suspension of the state convention earlier this year and the cancellation of a second attempt to convene, Hatch implored the Texas congressman's supporters to get behind McCain.

The outcome of the election depends on that support, he said.

“Ron Paul is one of my friends,” Hatch said. “He's one tough guy, but those supporting Ron have to get behind McCain. Every vote counts.”

Later in his speech, Hatch made another plea: “Ron (Paul) won't win the nomination. All he can do is hurt McCain and help elect Obama.”

Acknowledging Obama has widespread support and that Democrats are geared up, Hatch believes undecided voters will choose McCain.

He also advised attendees not to fret over McCain's age - he'll turn 72 Aug. 29. “John's mother is tougher than he is and she's 96 years old.”

On local issues, McCain as a senator from the West understands mining and agriculture, said Hatch, and he would protect those interests that he said are so vital to the nation.

The One
08-04-2008, 08:54 PM
I put a great deal of thought into what I'd like to say about this subject, and this is what I came up with.......Orrin Hatch can munch my stink nuggets.

yongrel
08-04-2008, 08:55 PM
Ron Paul backers to Senator Orrin Hatch: Bugger Off.

FrankRep
08-04-2008, 08:58 PM
The "lesser of two evils" logic.

:rolleyes:

Maximus
08-04-2008, 09:00 PM
We are taking back the country, the establishment in power has failed. Their dire warnings of failure have already been realized, they just don't want us to know it.

RevolutionSD
08-04-2008, 09:01 PM
Pure idiocy, coming from the Grand Neocon from Utah.

Orrin Hatch needs to be thrown out of office.

Rangeley
08-04-2008, 09:01 PM
You must admit, he presents a compelling case.

RSLudlum
08-04-2008, 09:02 PM
Ahhh, poor boy McCain is scared of the big bad bully Ron Paul hurting him...I feels so sorry for Johnny Boy :(

The One
08-04-2008, 09:03 PM

Did you forget to use the sarcasm smilie?

Carole
08-04-2008, 09:16 PM
Oh, my gosh. That was pathetic. :(

Mr. Hatch, very sad, part of the problem. :(

ScotTX
08-04-2008, 09:16 PM
He doesn't get it. If the GOP doesn't want Ron Paul, the GOP must go down. We will rebuild the party.

Carole
08-04-2008, 09:17 PM
???????

orafi
08-04-2008, 09:18 PM
“John's mother is tougher than he is and she's 96 years old.”

And how is that convincing?

Carole
08-04-2008, 09:21 PM
Whatever it takes to get the message to the Republican party is what will happen. :D

If McInSane loses big, they should take it as a message - a very strong message.

They picked the wrong guy and they did it to themselves by shutting out the one genuine conservative.

Isaac Bickerstaff
08-04-2008, 09:22 PM
Orrin Hatch.
Who dug him up?

Truth Warrior
08-04-2008, 09:24 PM
TW to Senator Orrin Hatch: Kiss my ass.

UtahApocalypse
08-04-2008, 09:26 PM
If there is one politician worse then McCain it would be Hatch. He is the scourge that Utah has and so far has not gone away.

Knightskye
08-04-2008, 09:27 PM
Hatch said, “They want us to become the new France. [...] I like France.”

What the hell?

Yeah, a country that doesn't go to war over faulty intelligence, and that has 85% of their electricity derived from nuclear power. Who wants to be France? :rolleyes:

Hatch urged the dozens of local Republicans in attendance to unite behind McCain, and he specifically asked Texas Rep. Ron Paul supporters who believe they've been disenfranchised by the state Republican Party to unite under one candidate.

John McCain is the reason we're disenfranchised. :mad:

trey4sports
08-04-2008, 09:28 PM
i will be voting for Bob Barr, end of story

mt4rp
08-04-2008, 09:29 PM
To Orin, Dream on Hommy

AJ Antimony
08-04-2008, 09:35 PM
Paul backer to Hatch: Go fuck yourself

driller80545
08-04-2008, 09:36 PM
How does being a POW make you an expert on foreign policy. Or even a lifelong hero? Sorry it happened, but he is milking the shit out of it.

Fyretrohl
08-04-2008, 09:38 PM
Well, I can't stand by anymore. I believe the GOP is wrong, so I am standing against their decision. However, I also believe that many Ron Paul supporters believe that Childish and Immature behavior is acceptable. I disagree. I can say I am disappointed in Senator Hatch. I can at times do it colorfully. But, I do not have to degrade and lower myself to the level that we accuse the power of the GOP. So, be upset. State your opinion. But, please, grow up. This is not Neverland.

HenryKnoxFineBooks
08-04-2008, 09:39 PM

lol, i love good sarcasm!

The One
08-04-2008, 09:40 PM
Well, I can't stand by anymore. I believe the GOP is wrong, so I am standing against their decision. However, I also believe that many Ron Paul supporters believe that Childish and Immature behavior is acceptable. I disagree. I can say I am disappointed in Senator Hatch. I can at times do it colorfully. But, I do not have to degrade and lower myself to the level that we accuse the power of the GOP. So, be upset. State your opinion. But, please, grow up. This is not Neverland.

I put a great deal of thought into what I'd like to say about this subject, and this is what I came up with.......Fyretrohl can munch my stink nuggets.

SeanEdwards
08-04-2008, 09:45 PM
I like to see 'em squirm.

Trance Dance Master
08-04-2008, 10:15 PM
Yeah, a country that doesn't go to war over faulty intelligence, and that has 85% of their electricity derived from nuclear power. Who wants to be France? :rolleyes:
:
France is also a very smoker-friendly country.:)

Truth Warrior
08-04-2008, 10:15 PM
Well, I can't stand by anymore. I believe the GOP is wrong, so I am standing against their decision. However, I also believe that many Ron Paul supporters believe that Childish and Immature behavior is acceptable. I disagree. I can say I am disappointed in Senator Hatch. I can at times do it colorfully. But, I do not have to degrade and lower myself to the level that we accuse the power of the GOP. So, be upset. State your opinion. But, please, grow up. This is not Neverland. So who put the cob up your ..... oh never mind. :p

chickens
08-04-2008, 10:20 PM
Mr. Hatch doesn't get it. We know Paul didn't win. How about getting with us. This is a revolution, baby

Fyretrohl
08-04-2008, 10:22 PM
So who put the cob up your ..... oh never mind. :p

You know, those silly MORALS things. Doing what is right. Standing against the morons of the nation. Trying to make the world a better place. :)

Truth Warrior
08-04-2008, 10:30 PM
You know, those silly MORALS things. Doing what is right. Standing against the morons of the nation. Trying to make the world a better place. :)

You mean these? http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/morals

As in http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/right ?

Ah the voter morons. ;)

"What has always made the state a hell on earth has been precisely that man has tried to make it his heaven."

slothman
08-04-2008, 11:08 PM
So appearently Mccain will balance the budget.
I guess he will stop this "war" or increase taxes.
If he is just a lesser bush, as he explicitly said on one of debates, the budget still won't be balenced.

Also, Using Hatch isn't a good idea to make me vote for him.
Infact, I like Mccain better than hatch and I don't like Mccain very much.

invisible
08-04-2008, 11:41 PM
he specifically asked Texas Rep. Ron Paul supporters who believe they've been disenfranchised by the state Republican Party to unite under one candidate
If McWar and the party's top brass wanted the support of true conservatives, why did they disenfranchise us in the first place?

Hatch said McCain was “tough” and is a “true, blue conservative in most ways,”
I won't vote for someone who is only half conservative.

conceded the national Republican Party has “lost its way or at least people think we did.”
If a liberal like McWar gets the nomination, this sure will become painfully obvious, won't it? Actually, it's already been painfully obvious for some time.

“There's always been eight to 10 liberal Republican senators”
And McWar is the most prominant of them all! What a bunch of doubletalk!

“With McCain, what you see is what you get,” he said.
That's the problem: we don't like anything that we do see about this guy, and the true conservative values we look for in a candidate are nowhere to be seen.

McCain, said Hatch, would spur economic growth by cutting the corporate tax rate from 35 percent to 25 percent.
If Congress approves the tax burden decrease, he said America could “out-compete” any country in the world.
More corporate welfare would not accomplish this anywhere nearly as well as eliminating the IRS would. I like that plan much better, and it would decrease everyone's tax burden, not just those who happen to own corporations.

While Ron Paul supporters are upset with Nevada's Republican leadership over what they consider improper and even illegal suspension of the state convention earlier this year and the cancellation of a second attempt to convene, Hatch implored the Texas congressman's supporters to get behind McCain.
Again, why would we want to support those who worked so hard to disenfranchise and marginalize us?

The outcome of the election depends on that support, he said.
“Ron Paul is one of my friends,” Hatch said. “He's one tough guy, but those supporting Ron have to get behind McCain. Every vote counts.”
Later in his speech, Hatch made another plea: “Ron (Paul) won't win the nomination. All he can do is hurt McCain and help elect Obama.”
Tough shit, my friend! Shouldn't you have thought of that before working so hard to disenfranchise and marginalize the party's conservative base? So my question is, if they want and need our support so badly, what are they going to do to actually get it? Are they going to give RP the nomination after all? THAT will certainly get our votes! How about the party backing Constitutional Republican (RP Republican) candidates, instead of those running against them in local and statewide primaries? If the party put it's full resources behind every Constitutional Republican running for every office instead of opposing them, I might consider that worth trading a vote for McWar.....if there's only one turd on a slate otherwise filled with good candidates, isn't that worth a straight ticket vote? How big of a bone are they willing to throw us, now that they finally realize that they can't win elections without us? They're sure going to have to eat a lot of crow. After all that the top brass of the party has done to disenfranchise and marginalize us, do they honestly think that they are going to get us to support their neocon puppet just by asking? It's going to take a lot more than that! We need to find a way to play this angle to our advantage. If they now realize that they cannot win elections without us, that puts US in the position of power, and we can win in the long term by showing that we can compromise and work within the party as "team players". It might be too late for us to do anything about this election (yes, I'm still hoping that RP gets the nomination by some convention miracle - and it isn't like they will actually know who we really vote for), but this is where we can solidify our support for good candidates in the next midterm elections. Any ideas on how to best make lemonade, and use this situation to our advantage? How do we up the ante, and see what they're willing to give us in exchange for our hypothetical "support" for McWar - and then up the ante some more, now that they know they're over a barrel? We need to find a way to milk this, now that the top brass is finally waking up to the reality that they need us to actually win elections!

AdamT
08-04-2008, 11:45 PM
Hatch can piss off. Royally.

RSLudlum
08-05-2008, 12:37 AM
Ron Paul is one of my friends,” Hatch said. “He's one tough guy, but those supporting Ron have to get behind McCain. Every vote counts.”

I guess Orrin has never studied Thoreau:

"Cast your whole vote, not a strip of paper merely, but your whole influence. A minority is powerless while it conforms to the majority; it is not even a minority then; but it is irresistible when it clogs by its whole weight."

qh4dotcom
08-05-2008, 12:45 AM
“John's mother is tougher than he is and she's 96 years old.”

And how is that convincing?

What about McCain's father who died at age 70?

Hangly Man
08-05-2008, 12:50 AM
Utah native to Orrin Hatch:

The Lord worketh not in secret combinations, neither doth he will that man should shed blood, but in all things hath forbidden it, from the beginning of man.

And whatsoever nation shall uphold such secret combinations, to get power and gain, until they shall spread over the nation, behold, they shall be destroyed.

Wherefore, the Lord commandeth you, when ye shall see these things come among you that ye shall awake to a sense of your awful situation, because of this secret combination which shall be among you; or wo be unto it, because of the blood of them who have been slain; for they cry from the dust for vengeance upon it, and also upon those who built it up.

For it cometh to pass that whoso buildeth it up seeketh to overthrow the freedom of all lands, nations, and countries; and it bringeth to pass the destruction of all people, for it is built up by the devil, who is the father of all lies; even that same liar who beguiled our first parents, yea, even that same liar who hath caused man to commit murder from the beginning; who hath hardened the hearts of men that they have murdered the prophets, and stoned them, and cast them out from the beginning.

That's how you lay the smackdown Mormon style.

Wo wo wo unto you, Orrin Hatch! Wo!

Flash
08-05-2008, 01:03 AM
Even if all ron Paul fans united behind Mccain there is no chance he will win. The average American already associates Mccain with Bush. Young dumb white college are voting for Obama based on the color of his skin. If you ask them why they support Obama, they'll say "uhh I don't know I think he'll just bring change".

Join The Paul Side
08-05-2008, 01:13 AM
“I feel fortunate to know Dean Heller,” said Hatch. “He's a good addition (to the House of Representatives), a tough guy and I'm really proud of him.”

No Mr. Hatch, I am not voting John McCrazy. But thanks for name dropping. Now we know since you have no principles, then Dean Heller must have none either.

May his competitor win. :cool:

Menthol Patch
08-05-2008, 01:15 AM
I will not vote for McCain or Obama. They are both fascists.

Flash
08-05-2008, 04:08 AM
John Mccain doesn't appeal to the people. Republicans are incredibly stupid to have voted for him. Now the American public is openly rejecting Mccain.

Alex Libman
08-05-2008, 04:36 AM
I am more likely to put Ronald Reagan's rotting corpse in a giant blended and drink it than to vote for McCain!

speciallyblend
08-05-2008, 05:09 AM
John Mccain doesn't appeal to the people. Republicans are incredibly stupid to have voted for him. Now the American public is openly rejecting Mccain.

100% true, trying to find a mccain supporter ,is like trying to find waldo, one in a million;) , mccain will lose,no matter what the lying polls say!!!!

kaleidoscope eyes
08-05-2008, 05:56 AM
Jeez, not bloody likely Mr. Hatch! doofus!

malkusm
08-05-2008, 05:57 AM
I don't feel like reading through all the comments, but....

he believes McCain can fulfill his promise to balance a federal budget deficit - expected to hit $10 trillion in a year - by 2013.

Whoever wrote this needs to learn the difference between budget deficit and national debt.

kathy88
08-05-2008, 06:00 AM
“With McCain, what you see is what you get

roflmfao..... this is the whole problem

"McCain can fulfill his promise to balance a federal budget deficit "

OMG.... do you remember how he choked over RPs economic question in the debate?

Orrin Hatch is delusional

Arklatex
08-05-2008, 06:06 AM
Hell they can't blame us, we were trying to tell them the whole time and they just made fun...

Now look who's begging for support... the GOP. YEAH RIGHT

DeadtoSin
08-05-2008, 06:07 AM
I am more likely to put Ronald Reagan's rotting corpse in a giant blended and drink it than to vote for McCain!

Ick, my upset stomach this morning did not need that. :(

acptulsa
08-05-2008, 06:09 AM
Hatch is the most crooked, disingenuous neocon this side of our own Jim Inhofe. He can go straight to hell.

gilliganscorner
08-05-2008, 06:11 AM
McCain is WYSIWYG? Uh, I don't even think McCain knows what he is.

Take a look at this video. No, it is not some sort of ad-hominem attack. It is McCain in his own words:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEtZlR3zp4c

As of this post, it has received 3,362,981 views.

By the way, isn't it interesting to see the establishment make "pleas" to Ron Paul supporters to support McCain? We must be bigger than even we think to get their panties in a knot.

Paul Supporters to McCain: "Please, if you want to contribute to your Country, step down."

malkusm
08-05-2008, 06:13 AM
John McCain for President
Conservative Principles
(Sorta. Kinda. Maybe?)

acptulsa
08-05-2008, 06:42 AM
By the way, isn't it interesting to see the establishment make "pleas" to Ron Paul supporters to support McCain? We must be bigger than even we think to get their panties in a knot.

Either that or they want someone to blame when they naturally lose. "There were conservatives too dumb to march in lockstep. You know who they are..."

gilliganscorner
08-05-2008, 06:45 AM
Either that or they want someone to blame when they naturally lose. "There were conservatives too dumb to march in lockstep. You know who they are..."

Or McCain could step down, Paul would step up, and demolish Obama. It would be the equivalent of an intellectual sledgehammer hitting a thumbtack.

Or MSM could publish stories about lettertogop.com how they would have voted GOP if Paul led it.

Yeah, I know. Wishful thinking.

SLSteven
08-05-2008, 08:13 AM
“With McCain, what you see is what you get,” he said

That is what we're so afraid of.

Original_Intent
08-05-2008, 08:31 AM
Another Utahn replying to Senator Hatch: Bite me.

Fyretrohl
08-05-2008, 09:44 AM
Another Utahn replying to Senator Hatch: Bite me.

A Latter Day Saint Replying to Orrin Hatch 'I listen to the Prophets and the Gospel. John McCain does not pass God's qualifications'

Conza88
08-05-2008, 09:49 AM
That is what we're so afraid of.

Hahah... too right... :(

Truth Warrior
08-05-2008, 09:51 AM
A Latter Day Saint Replying to Orrin Hatch 'I listen to the Prophets and the Gospel. John McCain does not pass God's qualifications' Does Mitt?

Fyretrohl
08-05-2008, 09:53 AM
Does Mitt?

Nope. If Mitt and Ron Paul were equal on politics and attitudes, I would favor Mitt over Ron Paul. But, they were NO WHERE near. :)

speciallyblend
08-05-2008, 09:55 AM
Or McCain could step down, Paul would step up, and demolish Obama. It would be the equivalent of an intellectual sledgehammer hitting a thumbtack.

Or MSM could publish stories about lettertogop.com how they would have voted GOP if Paul led it.

Yeah, I know. Wishful thinking.

i'm right with you, the only way the gop can win is having their nominee as RON PAUL:) , they already know they f,ed up,now they are pleading with us,like a crying baby,well sorry gop/mccain i perfer you crying!!!!! I might decide to change their diapers after the election,unless they are ready to deliver RON PAUL to us;)

steph3n
08-05-2008, 10:16 AM
they are simply looking to point fingers of blame but all the fingers are pointing back to them.

Original_Intent
08-05-2008, 10:17 AM
Does Mitt?

I lol'd.

-lotus-
08-05-2008, 10:27 AM
sent this to our dear Sen. Hatch after reading that crap..

Senator Hatch,

I recently read an article (http://www.elkodaily.com/articles/2008/08/04/news/breaking_news/aid10.txt) in which you reached out to Ron Paul supporters to rally behind the PRESUMPTIVE Republican nominee, John McCain. You cited party unity and an imminent defeat by Barack Obama as reasons for voting for Sen. McCain.

I am here to tell you, sir, that I, as a Ron Paul supporter, will NEVER vote for Sen. McCain. If the GOP truly wanted party unity, they should have endorsed a candidate that actually still believes in the founding principles of the Republican party, something I fear you as well as most of your colleagues have forgotten a long time ago. Allow me a moment to refresh your memory on those principles:

I am a REPUBLICAN because......

I BELIEVE...

The proper function of government is to do for the people those things that have to be done but cannot be done, or cannot be done as well, by individuals, and that the most effective government is government closest to the people.

I BELIEVE...

Good government is based upon the individual and that each person’s ability, dignity, freedom and responsibility must be honored and recognized.

I BELIEVE...

That free enterprise and the encouragement of individual initiative and incentive have given this nation an economic system second to none.

I BELIEVE...

Sound money management should be our goal.

I BELIEVE...

In equal rights, equal justice and equal opportunity for all, regardless of race, creed, age, sex or national origin.

I BELIEVE...

We must retain those principles of the past worth retaining, yet always be receptive to new ideas with an outlook broad enough to accommodate thoughtful change and varying points of view.

I BELIEVE...

That Americans value and should preserve their feeling of national pride, and at the same time share with people everywhere a desire for peace and freedom and the extension of human rights throughout the world.

I BELIEVE...

The Republican Party is the best vehicle for translating these ideals into positive and successful principles of government.

Sadly, the words of Ron Paul ring truest in this case: The Party has lost its way. Unconstitutional wars, reckless fiscal policy, an illegal banking conglomerate controlling our currency and its value, and our freedoms and civil liberties under constant attack from our own governement. Is this the new creed of the GOP? Do you seriously expect your party to survive this next election intact? How long do you expect to stay in office once the people wise up and realize we CAN take our government and our country back from the NeoCons. Its already starting to happen. Can you feel it? The GOP is doomed to its own fate unless YOU unify under a candidate that the people have chosen. Remember, governments are instituted amongst men and derive their powers from the consent of the governed. Not the other way around.

Enjoy your remaining time in office, Senator. It wont last much longer if this keeps up.

Regards,

a disenfranchised Republican.

speciallyblend
08-05-2008, 10:33 AM
HIGH FIVE^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ nice letter firm ,straight forward and harsh to the reality ,but im sure they are deaf dumb and blinded by their narrow minds... can we open them in 1 month????? who knows? mccain's campaign is already over,the gop is just clueless;)

Original_Intent
08-05-2008, 10:42 AM
Hatch will never be voted out of office, he is too good of a snake oil salesman and he has too many of the LDS sheeple totally blinded. I believe he was actually a statesman 30 years ago and gave a dman about the Consititution, etc, he went to change Washington and Washington changed him. But I don't see the day where he is voted out.

Truth Warrior
08-05-2008, 10:53 AM
I lol'd.
Me too. ;)

:D

V4Vendetta
08-05-2008, 10:55 AM
if Obama wins, then guess what.. 2/3's of the country will be united, all trying to block his socialists and communists policies.

might be a good thing.

Truth Warrior
08-05-2008, 11:00 AM
if Obama wins, then guess what.. 2/3's of the country will be united, all trying to block his socialists and communists policies.

might be a good thing. That would be a "change". ;)

:D

Jamsie 567
08-05-2008, 11:14 AM
McCain never had a chance at garnishing my support he is not a conservative.

georgiaboy
08-05-2008, 11:41 AM
this is disappointing to say the least. color me ignorant, i guess, but here I was, thinking Senator Hatch was conservative enough not to go endorsing someone like McCain.

What's up with this, Senator? <shaking head, walking away>

Mortikhi
08-05-2008, 12:14 PM
Mortikhi to Orin Hatch: "F U"

pacelli
08-05-2008, 12:27 PM
The office of any politician or member of the GOP who endorses McCain will one day be occupied by a ron paul republican.

It's too bad that they turned their backs on Ron Paul, who was the only republican candidate who had a hope of defeating Obama or Clinton. It's too bad they turned their backs on Ron Paul, who was the most conservative republican in the race.

And now we Ron Paul supporters turn our backs on them.

slothman
08-05-2008, 01:31 PM
they are simply looking to point fingers of blame but all the fingers are pointing back to them.

Just remember, when you point at someone, 3 fingers are pointing back at yourself.

Rhys
08-05-2008, 01:36 PM
I sent this to him.

Hello Congressmen Hatch,

My name is Rhys Williams. I'm a lifelong republican and I hate the Clintons as much as anybody...

but I also support Ron Paul and that means something new now. Republicans didn't even want our message heard because you're very war happy. We can't support McCain. He's a democrat. We wont vote for a liberal republican any more than a liberal democrat. You can say he'll cut out earmarks, but you and I both know that wont matter.

We have serious issues in the country, and you want us to play party politics? I'd rather have a strong United States then a strong GOP.

I'll remind you, Senator, that you are a successor to our Founding Fathers. You sit on the Senate of the United States of America, and yet you put a club called Grand Old Party in front of your duty as an American Senator.

I don't want to see the Republican party crash and burn, but she will. This is not the fault of Ron Paul supporters, it is the fault of a party who REFUSED to reassess their allegiance to a failed and miserable president.

Terrorists have the rest of the GOP so terrified, that they've tossed out everything they believe. I hear Hannity say way to often, "post-911 world" as if that means something.

Read this twice: I would rather be raped and molested by Osama Bin Ladin then to live on my knees in my own country.

Get back to the basics, and please don't ask us to support McCain. It wont happen. We're citizens of the United States, not the GOP. We're only members of the GOP. That can change too...

Now then, please get back to sanity. Please "kill the Banks" as Andrew Jackson would have said. Please kill the Fed, the IRS, the Dept. of Ed, the CIA... be conservative again.

Reagan and the Founding Fathers and Mr. Taft would hate our Congress and our courts and our president. They would call the Congress sell-outs, the president a monarchist, and the courts seem to be paid off. This is not the United States I was born into.

I do not want to be communist, socialist, mixed, fascist, theocracy. Please do something because I WANT to live in a Republic of laws and Constitution. You support Ron Paul in everything he does from now on, please.

To paraphrase Roman History, Ron Paul is the last Republican General.

Thank you,
Rhys Williams

alaric
08-05-2008, 04:58 PM
to orrin hatch: BITE ME!:p

libertarian4321
08-05-2008, 05:12 PM
This Republican wouldn't vote for John McCain if you PAID ME to do it.

The last thing we need is another low-IQ warmongering neocon in office.

"He also advised attendees not to fret over McCain's age - he'll turn 72 Aug. 29. “John's mother is tougher than he is and she's 96 years old.”"

They always mention McCain's mother- they never mention that both his father (age 70) and grandfather (age 61) died young.

pacelli
08-05-2008, 05:23 PM
I sent this to him.

YEAH!! Definitely got the point across. I especially liked the part of about not wanting to be Communist.

speciallyblend
08-05-2008, 06:00 PM
I sent this to him.

i like

Michael Landon
08-05-2008, 08:35 PM
Sorry Hatch, but even if I did vote for McCain my vote wouldn't help him. First Minnesota would have to be the deciding State and even then the total votes for Minnesota would have to be tied between McCain and Obama for my 1 vote to put McCain over the top.

I say McCain can kiss my Republican ass and Hatch can kiss my Republican ass because my Republican ass is voting for a Libertarian this time around. Perhaps my 1 vote will put Barr over the top.

- ML

aspiringconstitutionalist
08-05-2008, 08:38 PM
those supporting Ron have to get behind McCain

...why?

PlzPeopleWakeUp
08-05-2008, 08:40 PM
nt

aspiringconstitutionalist
08-05-2008, 08:43 PM
Me to Senator Orrin Hatch:

Eat a dick.

Excuse my french. ;)

Non, non, non monsieur.

"Mangez un pénis!"

Truth Warrior
08-05-2008, 08:45 PM
...why?
Even with 100% of RP supporter's votes, Obama would still kick John's butt.<IMHO> After all, it IS the Dem's turn. :eek: :p :rolleyes:

satchelmcqueen
08-05-2008, 11:31 PM

---------------------------------------

NO! All I have to do is kick your ass if I ever see you. Dont tell me what I have to do. Im still voting for Paul.

Andrew-Austin
08-06-2008, 12:01 AM
That was really pathetic. After reading that, I'd rather the neocons just ignore us as they fade away into oblivion.

I don't want anyone pandering/begging for my vote, I want them to earn it.

“People know he'll do what he say's he'll do,”

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn53/Diebold89/o_rly.jpg

“With McCain, what you see is what you get”

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn53/Diebold89/hangeddoll.gif

SeanEdwards
08-06-2008, 12:10 AM
http://xcj9352.k12.sd.us/ya%20rly.jpg

Andrew-Austin
08-06-2008, 12:14 AM
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn53/Diebold89/nowai.gif

Kalifornia
08-06-2008, 12:59 AM
Orrin Hatch can piss off and die.

RonPaulFanInGA
08-14-2008, 11:14 PM
I dislike them both. Really it will be bad with either McCain or Obama.

Though it sure will be fun reading the war monger McCain supporters' comments or the Kool-Aid-drinking Obama-obsessors' comments the day after the November presidential election. Should be quite humerous.

McCain people:"the American people voted to surrender. America will die. Terrorists and Muslims will overrun us. The know we're weak now. We turned tail like Spain did after the Madrid bombing in 2005. They've turned Iraq into another Vietnam. Americans hate America and now we lose this war!"

Obama people: "they stole it from our deity, er, candidate. Obama is the only true winner. We must create a shawdow government. Millions will be without healthcare. McCain will nuke the world."

It's sure to be a laugh-riot either way.

tpreitzel
08-15-2008, 12:30 AM
I fully support the right of the fine folks of Utah to kick Hatch out of office ASAP. Why are we voting for senators, again? ;) On constitutional principle, I regret that I can't support Mad John, Obamamamma, or some other impostor.

Truth Warrior
08-15-2008, 12:38 AM
Now, now, ya'll just gotta admit that McCain and Obama are the two very best candidates for POTUS in the whole country, that the American system of politics can produce. ;)

Fox McCloud
08-15-2008, 12:51 AM
not surprise, at all, by this...he's bringing up some of the trivial things (earmarks, which Ron Paul puts forth in his book does not cut spending one bit, it only delegates the spending process to some bureaucracy)....also, if he's such a "conservative" "at least in most ways", then how come he has an "F" rating from the Gun Owners of America?

I disagree with the majority things as well--they could just ignore those 10 "liberal" Republicans, as he said and vote the way they should anyway--you'll win, eventually.

and balancing the Federal Deficit? Who cares? It would be balanced, but nothing more...we'd still be paying interest on debt, and we would still have the Fed in place, and the entitlement system that is going to implode (SS+Medicare+Medicaid).

he's smooth, I'll give him that, but he's only using it to try to give the illusion that some-how, McCain is similar to Ron Paul on a lot of issues, and is dedicated to true "Republicanism"--hmm, is this the same John McCain that said WWII was due to the USA's inactivity, or the same John McCain that said we have to keep farming subsidies in place?....fiscal conservative? I think not.

texasbelle
08-15-2008, 01:28 AM
No way would I even consider voting for McCain. In fact I know people who voted for Bush both times @@ and they aren't even voting McCain.

qh4dotcom
08-15-2008, 01:38 AM
No way would I even consider voting for McCain. In fact I know people who voted for Bush both times @@ and they aren't even voting McCain.

I hope the people you know aren't voting for Obama

DamianTV
08-15-2008, 01:56 AM
Wow, they are really trying the back door approach to sneak in an conquer arent they? I mean Elko Nevada? Are they serious? There's like 50 people total in the whole city of Elko and they are almost all completely retarded, and they STILL wont vote for McCain!

Now I'd also like to spend some some serious time and come up with a well worded response to this article, but Im coming up a little short, so I'll just quote:

The One

I put a great deal of thought into what I'd like to say about this subject, and this is what I came up with.......Orrin Hatch can munch my stink nuggets.

What he said!!! :D

roho76
08-15-2008, 08:27 AM
Ummm....NO.

acptulsa
08-15-2008, 08:31 AM
Has Hatch ever said anything that made sense and/or be believed? I've heard him blather quite a lot, but have yet to hear him say anything intelligent or even responsible...

natedawg1604
08-15-2008, 09:10 AM
Hmm, lets think about this for a moment. What could McCain do to TRY and garner votes from the Nevada Ron Paul supporters? Should he send surrogates to Nevada (where he claims to have great support) who will make compelling and eloquent speeches that might sway them over? Boy, that sure is a tough one.

Oh wait, maybe he could ORDER THE RNC TO RECOGNIZE THE RP DELEGATES ELECTED AT THE NV STATE CONVENTION! Or at least he could instruct the RNC to not recognize any delegates purportedly selected by the Executive Board of the Nevada GOP, and issue an official statement of censure and reprimand to the Nevada GOP.

Anti Federalist
08-15-2008, 09:17 AM
“People know he'll do what he say's he'll do,”

Yup, that he will. (barfs)

"but those supporting Ron have to get behind McCain. Every vote counts.”

Piss off, I don't have to do anything but stay white and die.

Memo to Orrin Hatch: suck my ball bag.

Chiznaddy
08-15-2008, 10:46 AM
My e-mail sent to Mr. Hatch.

Mr. Hatch,

Regarding you stump for McCain yesterday, and the request for Ron Paul supporters to fall in line, please realize that Paul supporters are not idiots. You are asking steak lovers to eat a shitburger for dinner. I don't even want to start refuting half the BS you spit on his behalf. I would rather we suffer under socialism than under the guise of capitalism and interventionism. Obama and McCain will both spend all our money, take away our freedoms, and hide behind "patriotic" rhetoric while doing so. So what is the choice for those who want to stay out of wars all over the world. Where is the choice for us who believe in free markets (you can't just tell us Paul supporters you believe in free markets and have us believe it...For example, McCain-Feingold is the antithesis of both free markets AND free speech)? What about us who believe in sound money (I bet McCain doesn't even know what that means!)? What about us that believe in protecting civil liberties? What about us who want a President whose opinion isn't controlled by opinion polls? So, by electing Obama, at least true conservatives and capitalists won't be faulted for what you try to tell us is conservatism.

Time will say BYE BYE to this GOP. Congradulations Mr. Hatch, you bought yourself a seat on the sinking ship. Now go try to conquer the world you big macho man.

Best,

A real republican asking you to take off your mask.

acptulsa
08-15-2008, 11:14 AM

Mr. Hatch,

Regarding you stump for McCain yesterday, and the request for Ron Paul supporters to fall in line, please realize that Paul supporters are not idiots. You are asking steak lovers to eat a shitburger for dinner. I don't even want to start refuting half the BS you spit on his behalf. I would rather we suffer under socialism than under the guise of capitalism and interventionism. Obama and McCain will both spend all our money, take away our freedoms, and hide behind "patriotic" rhetoric while doing so. So what is the choice for those who want to stay out of wars all over the world. Where is the choice for us who believe in free markets (you can't just tell us Paul supporters you believe in free markets and have us believe it...For example, McCain-Feingold is the antithesis of both free markets AND free speech)? What about us who believe in sound money (I bet McCain doesn't even know what that means!)? What about us that believe in protecting civil liberties? What about us who want a President whose opinion isn't controlled by opinion polls? So, by electing Obama, at least true conservatives and capitalists won't be faulted for what you try to tell us is conservatism.

Time will say BYE BYE to this GOP. Congradulations Mr. Hatch, you bought yourself a seat on the sinking ship. Now go try to conquer the world you big macho man.

Best,

A real republican asking you to take off your mask.

God, but I do so prefer coming here to going about the MSM sites and seeing them all blather and prevaricate about the age of Chinese gymnasts. "Hey, don't look at what's going on that's important, look over here at this silly shit!"

Hey, Hatch. You just laid yet another egg, moron. And I'll give you one guess, Sen. Hatch, what that egg is not going to do.

qh4dotcom
08-15-2008, 11:41 AM
I don't know how many RP supporters heard Hatch's message....I guess it was intended for the not-so-intelligent ones who are considering voting for Obama...and maybe a few not so intelligent ones fell for his crap.

RonPaulFanInGA
08-15-2008, 06:03 PM

I hope you live in Utah, otherwise it will be promptly deleted.

And if you do live in Utah, it will be read, not considered and deleted.