PDA

View Full Version : Survival Co op

tonesforjonesbones
08-03-2008, 06:33 PM
After listening to Red Beckman on Alex Jones today..more predictions on the impending economic meltdown, I decided to call some friends to see if we could form a "Survival Co Op" . I'm not going to call it that because many of them are not really aware of what is to come in the near future, but I chose to present it in a positive light. We are going to get the "earth mother" types who already know about organic gardening, herbs, etc...to teach the rest of us how to do so. We will research and discuss growing a garden, ediable flowers and plants, medicinal plants ( a couple of the earth mothers are native americans, thank goodness lol) and also the Morman's method of rotating and storing food. We are even talking about going in on some acreage in case we have to get outta dodge. We will have our first meeting next week. I'm excited and I feel like I'm really doing something! Tones :)

tonesforjonesbones
08-03-2008, 06:36 PM
If anyone has any advice or tips please post..I can take them to the group. thanks! Tones

lucius
08-03-2008, 06:36 PM
Great idea!

tonesforjonesbones
08-03-2008, 06:51 PM
Thanks! I'm looking forward to getting started..I have been buying dried beans and rice for a couple of months when I am able to do so. Did you know dried beans and rice will stay good for 30+ years if stored properly? There is a very good website that the Mormons put up on how to store food and what foods will keep the longest. Tones

noxagol
08-03-2008, 07:36 PM
I also have a survival co-op, though we are working to survive against a different beast....

tonesforjonesbones
08-03-2008, 08:23 PM
Yes I understand. I went out and bought more dried beans and rice. I have a goal to fill up 5 storage bins this month. I hope with the co op we can pool our money and find wholesale places to buy bulk. tones