PDA

View Full Version : The demand for Rally housing

PlzPeopleWakeUp
08-03-2008, 12:24 PM
nt

ronpaulhawaii
08-03-2008, 12:38 PM
Sounds good to me, you sound like a great resource.

Win - win

The idea of supporters supporting supporter's businesses :D is how most successful political movements amass wealth and power.

onward and forward

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-03-2008, 01:49 PM
I want to know how many are looking for a place to stay, but are not finding. I'm not seeing or hearing a big demand other than what a few people have stated.

I am considering hosting people, but I am unaware if there is a demand. An all inclusive Ron Paul Bed, Breakfast, and R4F Chaperone service. I also may be able to help others find places, rooms to rent, rides to events, etc. I gots some people!

There IS a demand for less expensive housing than the hotels.

I put up a blog post about it on the C4L site: http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog/?p=267

We also put that out to the MN4RonPaul Yahoo Group and the main meetup, and here on the Forums in two places, but the word seems to have not gotten out, since you did not hear about it. We should send a message to all Minnesotans, if this is the case.

Get in touch with me, PlzPeopleWakeUp, at marianne (at) campaignforliberty.com if you'd like to coordinate.

torchbearer
08-03-2008, 01:51 PM
Don't forget the ronvoy!
http://ronvoytotherally.eventbrite.com/

PlzPeopleWakeUp
08-03-2008, 02:09 PM
nt

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-03-2008, 02:46 PM
I did, but you didn't respond. I resent.

I got booted off the MN meetup group emails for arguing about the email rules, because I think they are designed to stifle communication so if there has been any discussion about housing in emails, I am out of the loop. Promoting people's political aspirations in emails are allowed but discussion is not. They always say to go to the meetup message board for discussion, but no one does. Totally in effective and anti-networking from my perspective.

I'm not perfect, I do get combative with combative people. I don't back down when I truly believe something.

Just replied.

Message boards and forums like this are great for arguing. Email that goes to 650 people's inbox isn't so great when it ends up being 50 a day. Apparently a lot of people were signing off and not getting the important announcements. So I understand it. People should have gone to the message boards. Or replied just to the person(s) they were discussing with.

I am certain every meetup out there has gone through this. It's harder with ours because it was pretty big.

But I got off the meetup when I agreed to be state coordinator, so I wan't privy to much of the infighting. I just know that all this stuff is pretty normal in any kind of organization.

Email back to me about Craigslist, etc. I'm always ready for new suggestions.

libertythor
08-03-2008, 02:52 PM
If some don't mind carpooling, renting a cheap house in one of the towns on the outskirts could be a good option.