Muslems are getting in a tiz about another cartoon of Mohammad

Ziggy

Spirit of '76
08-30-2007, 10:59 AM
What does this have to do with Fascism?

Nothing, that's what.

constituent
08-30-2007, 11:07 AM
move this hateful crap to hot topics please ziggy.... or well... post it in hot topics.

i don't sit here and start thread specifically about 'christian' or 'jewish' fascism... why would you start one about 'islamic' fascism

ChooseLiberty
08-30-2007, 11:20 AM
Lots of trolls showing up from the free republic and hannity boards lately.

They all have the same agendas and average a double digit IQ.

Have a nice day, Spanky. :D

http://uk.reuters.com/article/wtMostRead/idUKL2983558320070829

Muslems are getting in a tiz about another cartoon of Mohammad

Ziggy

Mesogen
08-30-2007, 11:21 AM
Look at it like this.

Say a newspaper in the South started printing really over the top racist cartoons. Sure, it's free speech, but it's very offensive to certain people.

The newspaper has the right to print the cartoons, but the offended people have a right to protest.

That's freedom for ya.

ziggy_encaoua
08-30-2007, 01:17 PM
What does this have to do with Fascism?

Nothing, that's what.

There's problem especially in Europe of Muslems trying to prevent any criticism what so ever of Islam this goes against the right of free speech etc.

constituent
08-30-2007, 01:29 PM
sounds like jews in america trying to go after anyone talking about zionism... wow, doesn't that go against the right of free speech?

ziggy_encaoua
08-30-2007, 01:46 PM
sounds like jews in america trying to go after anyone talking about zionism... wow, doesn't that go against the right of free speech?

Well Zionism is considered as Jewish fascism by some

Even though I'm techinically Jewish I'm no fan of Zionism

jjschless
08-30-2007, 03:19 PM
I believe you mean to use the work (religion)-Fundamentalist.

Fascism is commonly used in secular terms whereas Fundamentalism is used in non-secular, or religious terms.

fascism
noun
a political theory advocating an authoritarian hierarchical government (as opposed to democracy or liberalism)

fundamentalism
noun
the interpretation of every word in the sacred texts as literal truth

Using the two words gets a bit complicated when dealing with Arab countries as several countries have a Fascist style of government while practicing a fundamentalist take on religion.

Though you are free to use what speech you wish.

Nefertiti
08-30-2007, 04:59 PM
I find it quite interesting that non-US citizen, non-US resident Jews like to come to these forums and bash Muslims. Whereas the Americans who come here tend to have a much more respectful attitude toward Muslims by and large. Again, another reason we shouldn't be encouraging foreign support for Ron Paul. It just brings in people who don't really support his principles.

Since you are not an American, I think you need to understand something-there is a big difference between the American concept of freedom and the European concept of freedom.

In Europe, they must feel less free because they constantly feel they must prove to themselves they are free by doing the most offensive things possible. As if freedom equals doing anything no matter how much it offends and hurts others. That's their sick and twisted idea of freedom.

In America, we recognize that with freedom comes a responsibility. A responsibility to use your mind. A responsibility to think about what you are going to do or say or write before you do it to determine whether it really serves any benefit or whether it might hurt or harm others.

ziggy_encaoua
08-31-2007, 08:26 AM
Since you are not an American, I think you need to understand something-there is a big difference between the American concept of freedom and the European concept of freedom.

I think you should stop patronizing me

constituent
08-31-2007, 08:39 AM
Know your Rights - THESE ARE YOUR RIGHTS!!!!

3. You have the right to free speech, as long as you're not dumb enough
to actually try it.

ziggy_encaoua
08-31-2007, 09:00 AM
Free speech is actually a very black & white issue

You either have it or you don't

don't know about anybody else I prefer having it

constituent
08-31-2007, 09:06 AM
those are the lyrics from a song. hopefully you will look up that song and listen to it, play it for your friends in your car, add it to the next mixtape you give that special someone....

ziggy_encaoua
08-31-2007, 09:31 AM
It would help to know what the artist & title of song is

constituent
08-31-2007, 09:52 AM
Free speech is actually a very black & white issue

You either have it or you don't

don't know about anybody else I prefer having it

it's also the first amendment, not the third... good eye slugger.

Hook
08-31-2007, 10:04 AM
Lets move this to the hot topics or delete it. It doesn't have anything to do with Dr. Paul and is just divisive.

Nefertiti
08-31-2007, 11:12 AM
I think you should stop patronizing me

I'm not patronizing you. You are the one who admitted to not being an American and not living in this country.

Freedom of speech is black and white, but using your mind to make your point without insulting and offending people unnecessarily takes a little more work. But what should I expect from someone whose Web site says "Fuck God" and at the same time endorses Ron Paul? Whether you believe in God or not you have to admit you shouldn't expect any respect from those who believe in God, which accounts for a large percentage of the American population of various religious persuasions. Just as you probably wouldn't respect me if I said "Fuck your mother" or some other nasty thing about someone that was close to you.

Would Ron Paul do something like that? I doubt it. Try and be a little more like him.

I have no division with Americans who support Ron Paul, but we don't need foreigners coming in a posting this kind of trash here.

constituent
08-31-2007, 11:16 AM
second nefertiti

ziggy_encaoua
08-31-2007, 12:06 PM
I'm not patronizing you. You are the one who admitted to not being an American and not living in this country.

How do you I’ve not lived in the U.S or have relatives who live in the U.S?

Freedom of speech is black and white, but using your mind to make your point without insulting and offending people unnecessarily takes a little more work. But what should I expect from someone whose Web site says "Fuck God" and at the same time endorses Ron Paul? Whether you believe in God or not you have to admit you shouldn't expect any respect from those who believe in God, which accounts for a large percentage of the American population of various religious persuasions. Just as you probably wouldn't respect me if I said "Fuck your mother" or some other nasty thing about someone that was close to you.

Firstly its my website #& so I'll post what I like on it

Secondly how much you try to manipulate the fact is freedom of speech is just that its the freedom to say whatever an individual wants to say to quote George Orwell 'If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear'

Would Ron Paul do something like that? I doubt it. Try and be a little more like him.

Oh we all should be clones not individuals?

Hook
08-31-2007, 02:00 PM
Just saying you are causing division for no good reason. We have tons of stuff to do in the next 3 months to get RP elected. Causing strife for no reason is not one of them.

lucius
08-31-2007, 02:12 PM
Edward L. Bernays, nicknamed the Father of Spin, was the creator of modern propaganda. Bernays was Sigmund Freud's nephew, and applied Freud's work to the art of mass persuasion by blending advertising techniques with an understanding of human psychology. Bernays worked Walter Lippmann on the Committee on Public Information, otherwise known as the CPI. This government agency was created by President Woodrow Wilson in 1917 for the purpose of mustering public support for World War One. The original propaganda campaign had three rules: (1) Stress emotion over logic, (2) Demonize the enemy, and (3) Promise a war that will make the world safe for democracy. Used for every U.S. conflict since including the invasion of Afghanistan & Iraq; all have followed CPI’s playbook to the letter—you thing Americans would wake-up? :(

From his 1928 book ‘Propaganda’: "The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society. Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country…it is the intelligent minorities which need to make use of propaganda continuously and systemically."

Cowlesy
09-01-2007, 01:08 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/02/world/middleeast/02westbank.html?ex=1346385600&en=8a2937eaf77af05e&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

Pretty sad article.