PDA

View Full Version : Headlining Band Guesses???!!!

tribute_13
08-03-2008, 04:31 AM
Who do YOU think will headline the Rally for the Republic other than Dr. Paul of course :D

Before you say anything, the only reason I'm excited about this is I hope it gets the remaining half of the tickets sold because face it, if we don't have good sources of entertainment, it won't pull many people off the street.

My guess: The Foo Fighters, why? They are internationally renowned, they are clearly Libertarians and they have a 4 day gap strangely between August 30 and September 6 :D. The Aug 30 concert just so happens to be next door in Wisconsin.

Schedule (http://www.foofighters.com/)

I've also thought that maybe Rage Against the Machine would definitely 100% wouldn't refuse play the CFL event if they were asked, BUT I don't think that the RftR would like to attract the wrong kind of attention. They are known for doing REALLY radical things like standing on stage with duct tape on their mouths ass naked, hanging inverted US Flags on their amps on SNL, disrupting the 2000 DNC and things like that. I'm a big fan of them and their extremist protesting but I don't think they should play the event.

Who do you think?

I'll put money on that shit that the Foo Fighters will play.

However, I have been known to be wrong..... multiple times..... in a row. I think they won't release the names of the headlining bands until their absolutely sure that all the RP supporters that were going to get tickets have already gotten them before they get sold to a bunch of people unaware to the cause just because a big band is playing.

Kludge
08-03-2008, 04:46 AM
If Joe has anything to do with it, Carpathian Forest will be performing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HvTIJ-oVKs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URrO6aTnmT4

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a61/-Reaper-Andreis-/carpathian-forest1.jpg

tribute_13
08-03-2008, 05:16 AM
If Joe has anything to do with it, Carpathian Forest will be performing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HvTIJ-oVKs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URrO6aTnmT4

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a61/-Reaper-Andreis-/carpathian-forest1.jpg

I prefer these guys honestly Children of Bodom- Bloodrunk (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRkWJmUGR84) best band ever!

LibertyEagle
08-03-2008, 06:03 AM
Um... I don't think Ron Paul is into devil-worshipping bands. :rolleyes:

kaleidoscope eyes
08-03-2008, 06:06 AM
Paul Revere and the Raiders?

ScotTX
08-03-2008, 01:00 PM
I hope they have someone good playing like Willie Nelson. He doesn't have anything booked for the 2nd either. Honestly, though, I'm quite skeptical of the campaigns ability to land any talent of that caliber.

MRoCkEd
08-03-2008, 01:05 PM
I hope they have someone good playing like Willie Nelson. He doesn't have anything booked for the 2nd either. Honestly, though, I'm quite skeptical of the campaigns ability to land any talent of that caliber.
they asked, but his price was way too high

IPSecure
08-03-2008, 01:33 PM
Rush

brandon
08-03-2008, 02:08 PM
didn't they just announce that Rockie Lynne was headlining? lol.... what a terrible choice. RP's campaign brought Rockie to the Philly rally and I don't think a single person enjoyed the music.

PlzPeopleWakeUp
08-03-2008, 02:20 PM
nt

Kludge
08-03-2008, 02:23 PM
Think positive!!! Keep the negativity to yourself, for everyone's sake:)

The economy will recover soon.

torchbearer
08-03-2008, 02:24 PM
didn't they just announce that Rockie Lynne was headlining? lol.... what a terrible choice. RP's campaign brought Rockie to the Philly rally and I don't think a single person enjoyed the music.

he is headlining the day before the rally.
not the main event.

PlzPeopleWakeUp
08-03-2008, 03:24 PM
nt

The_Orlonater
08-03-2008, 05:02 PM
Um... I don't think Ron Paul is into devil-worshipping bands. :rolleyes:

Nobody takes black metal seriously.

It's a comedic act.

Swearengen
08-03-2008, 06:45 PM
Neil Young would be a good fit, yet he said in an interview with Charlie Rose that he supported Obama. Yet, he's all about Freedom and ending the war. Hmmm... That would be a really big event if Neil was there.

Toby Keith is already in St. Paul the day before so.....

?????

Guess we'll find out tomorrow.

dcbpe
08-03-2008, 07:13 PM
Neil Young would be a good fit, yet he said in an interview with Charlie Rose that he supported Obama. Yet, he's all about Freedom and ending the war. Hmmm... That would be a really big event if Neil was there.

?????

My money is on Toby...he was getting browbeaten by Glenn Beck on Friday, and he did state he would love the opportunity to vote for a third party, so at least he's in our camp.

He's also good friends with Willie, so there may be a reson why Willie was asked and refused?

On the other hand, he doesn't like to be too political...

torchbearer
08-03-2008, 07:16 PM
My money is on Toby...he was getting browbeaten by Glenn Beck on Friday, and he did state he would love the opportunity to vote for a third party, so at least he's in our camp.

He's also good friends with Willie, so there may be a reson why Willie was asked and refused?

On the other hand, he doesn't like to be too political...

Willie's price to pay was too high. he didn't decline, but he knows what his name is worth.

pacelli
08-03-2008, 07:24 PM
I prefer these guys honestly Children of Bodom- Bloodrunk (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRkWJmUGR84) best band ever!

CoB is awesome. Had the opportunity to see them live and was quite impressed, after listening to a few of their albums. Now when I play drums, I play along with most of their double live album.

torchbearer
08-03-2008, 07:34 PM
CoB is awesome. Had the opportunity to see them live and was quite impressed, after listening to a few of their albums. Now when I play drums, I play along with most of their double live album.

I thought drummers made pilgrimages to the temple of Peart?
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/511KHCZKRQL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Stevo_Chill
08-03-2008, 09:00 PM
System of a Down!

tribute_13
08-04-2008, 05:07 AM
If System of a Down come out of Hiatus for this event I will literally rip my face off....

I love SoaD and would cry if this does happen.

Bruno
08-04-2008, 07:14 AM

?????

Obama is going to end the war? or just move the troops and escalate Afghanistan and create a few new war zones (ala Iran and Pakistan)? Come on, Neil....

LibertyEagle
08-04-2008, 07:16 AM
they asked, but his price was way too high

How do you know that they asked Willie Nelson and that he quoted too high a price?

SnappleLlama
08-04-2008, 07:19 AM
Please let it be a punk band...please let it be a punk band...

(note: a REAL punk band, not that neopunk crappola)

MRoCkEd
08-04-2008, 07:23 AM
How do you know that they asked Willie Nelson and that he quoted too high a price?
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=1590901&postcount=215

ThisCharmingAzn
08-04-2008, 09:59 AM
Amon Duul II!!! What about Kraftwerk? Or how about Lightning Bolt?

lol jk

tonesforjonesbones
08-04-2008, 10:21 AM
I would believe that Willie Nelson is out of reach financially. Those big name people usually charge 50 thousand and up. I've promoted many events ..and if they are not on a tour, their prices are very high. I wanted to try to get Harry Connick Jr and his big band...the cost 100,000.00. The best way is to look for people who are already going to be in the area for other concerts and you might be able to get them on a day they aren't already booked for less to fill in their calendar. You can find out what their fee is by calling their manager..I'm sure you can find it on the internet...or maybe their booking agent. either way. Some of the older rock bands like Molly Hatchet, or 3 Dog Night, are more affordable...maybe 5 or 6 thousand. Tones

cybloo
08-04-2008, 01:50 PM
My fingers are crossed for Rush.

Their first live performance in a long time was on the Colbert Report...
Aren't they kinda libertarian too?

It would rock my socks off that's for sure. Rush or the Foo Fighters.

tribute_13
08-04-2008, 01:59 PM
Well, I was totally wrong about the Foo Fighters. They issued a statement saying that the rumors started by DailyPaul were bullshit, and they said:

"NO Libertarian Ideology for us, no thanks!"

So they're probably a no go.

Rush is absolutely possible.

My next bet is on RATM tho.

LittleLightShining
08-04-2008, 02:31 PM
My next bet is on RATM tho.
Don said the band was more than 2 letters and less than 10 which leads me to scientifically deduce that the headliner will be....

MOJO NIXON!!!:p

tribute_13
08-04-2008, 02:41 PM
Don said the band was more than 2 letters and less than 10 which leads me to scientifically deduce that the headliner will be....

MOJO NIXON!!!:p

Um, yeah, I hope not....

Rush fits the category.

TruthisTreason
08-04-2008, 02:43 PM
I would believe that Willie Nelson is out of reach financially. Those big name people usually charge 50 thousand and up. I've promoted many events ..and if they are not on a tour, their prices are very high. I wanted to try to get Harry Connick Jr and his big band...the cost 100,000.00. The best way is to look for people who are already going to be in the area for other concerts and you might be able to get them on a day they aren't already booked for less to fill in their calendar. You can find out what their fee is by calling their manager..I'm sure you can find it on the internet...or maybe their booking agent. either way. Some of the older rock bands like Molly Hatchet, or 3 Dog Night, are more affordable...maybe 5 or 6 thousand. Tones

If Willie or someone that draws a crowd, brought 7000 more people to the event. At ticket prices, that's over 125,000 bucks. Shouldn't be hard to cover their contract.

torchbearer
08-04-2008, 02:44 PM
If System of a Down come out of Hiatus for this event I will literally rip my face off....

I love SoaD and would cry if this does happen.

I think Serg has got his solo thing going on right now,

dcbpe
08-04-2008, 08:29 PM

System of a Down? I don't think this type of music would go over well with the family crowd...a lot of people are bringing kids. Especially in the mid-west. Even Foo Fighters was a stretch.

{Not that my own opinion has stopped me from lobbying Dave Mustaine & Megadeth over at the Megadeth Forums. "United Abominations" would go over well with a Ron Paul crowd... :cool:}

Nah, if the performer is a musician, they'll be country or classic rock or some sort of “mellow” music like John Mayer. Even Rush might be too heavy.

Why does everyone think it’ll be a musician?

Also, which event is Rockie Lynne going to be at…the Celebration on Monday, or the Rally on Tuesday?

Roxi
08-04-2008, 08:45 PM
no way toby keith, don't you remember what he did to the dixie chicks when they went all anti-bush?

TK is a warmonger, no way he would support Dr. Paul

tribute_13
08-04-2008, 08:50 PM

Yeah, I know, Serj just came out with his solo album "Elect the Dead". They're on HIATUS.

I really don't care for country but if it gets people to the rally I could care less. I hate Toby Keith and I really don't see him playing the event.

westmich4paul
08-04-2008, 08:52 PM
Metallica would definately sell out the event.

Deborah K
08-04-2008, 08:52 PM
John Mayer - he loves Ron Paul

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ0z86LmXBM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrPCkMSTH9A Here he is arguing in Ron Paul's favor.

tribute_13
08-04-2008, 09:03 PM
System of a Down? I don't think this type of music would go over well with the family crowd...a lot of people are bringing kids. Especially in the mid-west. Even Foo Fighters was a stretch.

{Not that my own opinion has stopped me from lobbying Dave Mustaine & Megadeth over at the Megadeth Forums. "United Abominations" would go over well with a Ron Paul crowd... :cool:}

Nah, if the performer is a musician, they'll be country or classic rock or some sort of “mellow” music like John Mayer. Even Rush might be too heavy.

Why does everyone think it’ll be a musician?

Also, which event is Rockie Lynne going to be at…the Celebration on Monday, or the Rally on Tuesday?

Lynne is headlining the Monday event. I don't think they have officially announced the headlining band for Tuesday.

Rush is NOT heavy. Why do you think they're heavy? Everyone thinks its going to be a musician because

"Internationally renowned musicians will headline the musical portion of the show."

~Rally for the Republic Website

I have already eliminated Foo Fighters because they rejected the idea in the most uncool fashion and bashed Paulites on their site. According to Don's hint, it can't be Rage Against the Machine. Factoring in a family safe band would be hard in this day and age which narrows the field down to Classic Rock or Country. Knowing Dr. Paul is a southern boy I think maybe Country might be the expected genre for the event. Rockie Lynne is already playing anyway.

What I'm skeptical about is that why would CFL be so secretive about the headlining band? They must be positive they'll sell out. It's almost like its going to be a surprise. I don't think they would build up so much expectation for only Aimee Allen and Rockie Lynne, I'm sure there's more than just them being the main acts. I can honestly say I expect whatever band that the Rally chose WILL sell out this event, but I'm wondering what their waiting for. It's a month till the rally. If they announce it too late people will probably pass it up because they couldn't plan ahead.

Or maybe

Maybe their holding off because their primary goal is to get people out of the RNC and to the Shadow Convention. If they released the band now, people would buy tickets from everywhere. The longer they hold it off the more likely the people attending will be close to the rally. So if they spring it on people then they would have a better chance to drag people out of the RNC.

I don't know... I'm ranting :rolleyes:

ScotTX
08-04-2008, 09:03 PM
I thought about Jon Mayer, too. It's cool that he's into Ron Paul, but I hope he doesn't play.

How about the Sex Pistols!? Dr. Paul and Johnny Rotten are buds! Minarchy in the USA!

tribute_13
08-04-2008, 09:11 PM
HAHAHAHAAH! (http://www.startribune.com/entertainment/music/26257699.html?location_refer=Homepage:latestNews:4 )

This link confirms that RATM will be playing the Target Center at the 3rd.

ScotTX
08-04-2008, 09:33 PM
But we will be there on the 2nd.

cilution
08-04-2008, 09:59 PM
Well, that's interesting news...

tribute_13
08-04-2008, 10:06 PM
But we will be there on the 2nd.

Yeah I know that, I will be attending. I think that they will not be allowed to play on the 2nd for one reason, the fact that children will be in attendance. But the next day is a different story. They have their own separate concert for supporters to attend in which it is understood children shouldn't be attending anyway.

Is it just me that I find it odd that they are finally rejoining and playing again after an indefinite hiatus only to coincidentally play at the same venue as the Rally?

Think about it, it just so happens that they get back together only to play at the exact same place as the rally the day after.

Come on, this IS IT!

PatriotOne
08-04-2008, 10:16 PM
no way toby keith, don't you remember what he did to the dixie chicks when they went all anti-bush?

TK is a warmonger, no way he would support Dr. Paul

LOL...Toby Keith would be really ironic considering he's the one who wrote Red, White, and Blue, an angry American after 9/11. I use to love this song but now I shake my head in wonder how stupid I was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSWuA-RttGU

dcbpe
08-04-2008, 11:32 PM
LOL...Toby Keith would be really ironic considering he's the one who wrote Red, White, and Blue, an angry American after 9/11. I use to love this song but now I shake my head in wonder how stupid I was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSWuA-RttGU

Well, I doubt I'll change your opinion (or roxic27's) but TK is no warmonger.

Angry American is solely about 9/11 and going into Afganistan. TK was AGAINST the war in Iraq and still is. He does, however, support the troops with his USO tours. The man has exactly 3 "war" songs...Angry American and The Taliban Song...both regarding Afganistan...and American Soldier which is about soldiers in general and not a specific war. Everything else on his other bazillion albums are about drinkin', playin' music, gettin' laid, drivin' his truck, gettin' his heart broke, and generally havin' a good time. Standard honky tonk stuff.

Although I knew this already (dcbpe's two favorite bands...Megadeth and Toby Keith...seriously!), he said as much on Glen Beck last Friday.

Hate him if you want to, love him if you can....:D

dcbpe
08-04-2008, 11:39 PM
<del all>

HarbingerOfTruth
08-04-2008, 11:42 PM
William Hung.

ScotTX
08-05-2008, 08:25 PM
Tribute-

I seriously doubt the RATM show has anything to do with our rally. It's more likely just another protest to the RNC. Everybody's doin' it, ya know!

tribute_13
08-06-2008, 03:34 AM
Tribute-

I seriously doubt the RATM show has anything to do with our rally. It's more likely just another protest to the RNC. Everybody's doin' it, ya know!

It would still indirectly help us out. Think about it. People go to the Venue site looking to buy RATM tickets knowing that it's a RNC protest. They just so happen to see a cheap political convention before that also protesting the RNC.

1 + 1 = 2

&

17.76 + RATM Anti-RNC Advocates = A few more members attending the rally.

I mean they already have fostered anti RNC feelings and are going to protest anyway so some just might decide to go to the Rally since its cheap as hell.

dcbpe
08-06-2008, 07:10 PM
It would still indirectly help us out. Think about it. People go to the Venue site looking to buy RATM tickets knowing that it's a RNC protest. They just so happen to see a cheap political convention before that also protesting the RNC.

1 + 1 = 2

&

17.76 + RATM Anti-RNC Advocates = A few more members attending the rally.

I mean they already have fostered anti RNC feelings and are going to protest anyway so some just might decide to go to the Rally since its cheap as hell.

Anti-RNC is not all they are...pro-DNC is where they are at.

We really don't need their kind of angry anti-Americanism at the Rally. We're supposed to be pro-American...just anti-Government.

Anyone see this today?
http://www.vh1.com/artists/news/1592142/20080805/rage_against_the_machine.jhtml

tribute_13
08-06-2008, 08:21 PM
Anti-RNC is not all they are...pro-DNC is where they are at.

We really don't need their kind of angry anti-Americanism at the Rally. We're supposed to be pro-American...just anti-Government.

Anyone see this today?
http://www.vh1.com/artists/news/1592142/20080805/rage_against_the_machine.jhtml

No they're anti DNC too, they crashed the 2000 DNC. Remember? No a pretty sight but they surely DON'T support the DNC. They are not anti-american, they despise the way the country is governed. They hate the government supporting inhumane regimes, and fighting undeclared wars. They're called anti-american for the same reason neo-cons call us anti-american. Because the public is under the impression that despising the government means that you are unamerican. Which is bull.

*edit: I read the article. It said that RATM didn't endorse Obama, they pretty much threatened him.

KenInMontiMN
08-07-2008, 12:57 AM
I'd say they're fully aware that Barack's riding the machine, and it's riding him. Sounds like someone is still clinging to the illusion of a two-party system offering a difference.

tribute_13
08-07-2008, 01:07 AM
I'd say they're fully aware that Barack's riding the machine, and it's riding him. Sounds like someone is still clinging to the illusion of a two-party system offering a difference.

Sounds like who is clinging to the illusion? RATM would in no way, shape, or form endorse Barack Obama.

KenInMontiMN
08-07-2008, 01:47 AM
Sounds like who is clinging to the illusion? RATM would in no way, shape, or form endorse Barack Obama.

You misunderstood, I was referring in that sentence to the post above yours.

edit: let me be more specific still: dcbpe implied that you could be anti-rnc and at the same time pro-dnc in any meaningful way, hardly even possible. If you're anti-rnc you're anti-dnc whether you've come to realize it or not, and vice-versa.

tribute_13
08-07-2008, 03:13 AM
Oh, ok. IMHO I think that regardless if RATM is associated with CFL or not, they are still indirectly getting us a larger audience by playing there the day after we are for a similar cause.

acroso
08-08-2008, 04:46 PM
i want RATM. they are awesome.

KenInMontiMN
08-08-2008, 06:09 PM
Just to stir the rumor pot, here are other acts doing shows, public & private, here in that time frame as well, listed in today's St. Paul PioneerPress and the Sunlight Foundation:
Sammy Hagar
The Beach Boys
The Charlie Daniels Band
Smash Mouth
Big Head Todd
Styx
Lupe Fiasco
Mos Def
Steve Earle
Billy Bragg
Bobby Yang
LeAnn Rimes
Bellamy Brothers
Gretchen Wilson
John Rich
Cowboy Troy
Jack Ingram
Robert Earl Keen
Super Diamond
Boogie Nights
Duck Soup

LittleLightShining
08-08-2008, 06:22 PM
Steve Earle? Wow. I could totally see him playing at the Rally.

tribute_13
08-08-2008, 06:26 PM
Just to stir the rumor pot, here are other acts doing shows, public & private, here in that time frame as well, listed in today's St. Paul PioneerPress:
Sammy Hagar
The Beach Boys
The Charlie Daniels Band
Smash Mouth
Big Head Todd
Styx
Lupe Fiasco
Mos Def
Steve Earle
Billy Bragg

Steve Earle and Tom Morrello (The guitarist from RATM) will be both be collaborating to play at a Union Protest in the area also! Sounds strikingly coincidental don't you? Maybe RATM won't show up because they aren't family friendly but Tom Morrello could still show up! He would definitely bring in the RATM audience, which is a large one. I just hope they can behave themselves. Tom isn't the one who gets everyone riled up. Zach is really passionate in his concerts and get all the fans riled up to go get into trouble. I think they would behave themselves if Zach de la Rocha didn't show up.

Then again, Don said it was a classic rock act and between 4-10 letters

so:

Styx sounds GREAT! They tour a lot anyway!

Leadman584
08-09-2008, 07:06 AM
Wow, just wow! I'd love to see Sammy Hagar at the Rally.

KenInMontiMN
08-09-2008, 01:40 PM
Always fun to see who the conventions are bringing in for entertainment, and the details of where and when. Hit the links in the second paragraph here to get that-
http://blog.sunlightfoundation.com/2008/08/07/unofficial-event-schedules-for-nominating-conventions-list-370-events-for-pols-insiders/

mudhoney
08-09-2008, 02:00 PM
If it's Rush, I'll freak out.

brandon
08-09-2008, 02:02 PM
I hope it's Mudhoney!

rajibo
08-09-2008, 02:20 PM
I hope it's Mudhoney!

I was just gonna say that....

mudhoney
08-10-2008, 03:26 PM
haha

DirtMcGirt
08-10-2008, 03:38 PM
Madeski, Martin, & Wood....

freedom1787
08-10-2008, 05:21 PM
RATM would be incredibly awesome, but since it's a family event, I doubt it. Anyone considered the Eagles? Are they pro-RP in any way?

LibertyInJeopardy
08-11-2008, 05:43 PM
I'm not as optimistic as many of you that a superstar band will play. The delay in announcement says to me there are probably complications. We'll probably end up with the band in somebody's back up - back up plan.

Ninja Homer
08-11-2008, 06:13 PM
I'm not as optimistic as many of you that a superstar band will play. The delay in announcement says to me there are probably complications. We'll probably end up with the band in somebody's back up - back up plan.

Don (CFL Events Coordinator) has said that it is a major band, it was booked a while ago, and the only reason they are holding off on releasing who it is, is because it will sell out to fans immediately. They wanted to hold off a bit to give people a chance to find hotels, travel, etc, so that real CFL supporters get a chance to get tickets before it sells out.

Check this thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=147498

Bruno
08-11-2008, 06:52 PM
Don (CFL Events Coordinator) has said that it is a major band, it was booked a while ago, and the only reason they are holding off on releasing who it is, is because it will sell out to fans immediately. They wanted to hold off a bit to give people a chance to find hotels, travel, etc, so that real CFL supporters get a chance to get tickets before it sells out.

Check this thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=147498

Crossing my fingers, hoping that is the case.

Anti Federalist
08-11-2008, 07:56 PM
Am I missing something here?

According the RfR website these muscians are playing the event:

Rockie Lynne
Aimee Allen
Marc Scibilia
Rick Ellis

http://rally.campaignforliberty.com/performers/?first_name=Ron&last_name=Paul

Am I to understand another band will playing the event as well?

Ninja Homer
08-11-2008, 08:06 PM
Am I missing something here?

According the RfR website these muscians are playing the event:

Rockie Lynne
Aimee Allen
Marc Scibilia
Rick Ellis

http://rally.campaignforliberty.com/performers/?first_name=Ron&last_name=Paul

Am I to understand another band will playing the event as well?

In short, yes, there will be at least 1 more band that they haven't named yet.

http://rally.campaignforliberty.com/schedule/?id=10005&title=Rally%20for%20the%20Republic

"Internationally renowned musicians will headline the musical portion of the show. They will join NBC’s Tucker Carlson‚ Barry Goldwater Jr.‚ Gov. Gary Johnson‚ conservative stalwart Grover Norquist‚ former Reagan deputy Attorney General Bruce Fein‚ presidential historian Doug Wead‚ former Minnesota governor Jesse Ventura and many other special guests to be announced soon. Ron Paul is scheduled to speak at 7:00pm!"

Also, see the thread I linked to about 3 posts back.

edit: The musicians you listed are playing at the Ron Paul Nation Celebration: http://rally.campaignforliberty.com/schedule/?id=10003&title=Ron%20Paul%20Nation%20Celebration

Anti Federalist
08-11-2008, 08:11 PM
In short, yes, there will be at least 1 more band that they haven't named yet.

http://rally.campaignforliberty.com/schedule/?id=10005&title=Rally%20for%20the%20Republic

"Internationally renowned musicians will headline the musical portion of the show. They will join NBC’s Tucker Carlson‚ Barry Goldwater Jr.‚ Gov. Gary Johnson‚ conservative stalwart Grover Norquist‚ former Reagan deputy Attorney General Bruce Fein‚ presidential historian Doug Wead‚ former Minnesota governor Jesse Ventura and many other special guests to be announced soon. Ron Paul is scheduled to speak at 7:00pm!"

Also, see the thread I linked to about 3 posts back.

edit: The musicians you listed are playing at the Ron Paul Nation Celebration: http://rally.campaignforliberty.com/schedule/?id=10003&title=Ron%20Paul%20Nation%20Celebration

OK, thanks.

Michael Landon
08-11-2008, 08:50 PM
Just to stir the rumor pot, here are other acts doing shows, public & private, here in that time frame as well, listed in today's St. Paul PioneerPress and the Sunlight Foundation:
Sammy Hagar
The Beach Boys
The Charlie Daniels Band
Smash Mouth
Big Head Todd
Styx
Lupe Fiasco
Mos Def
Steve Earle
Billy Bragg
Bobby Yang
LeAnn Rimes
Bellamy Brothers
Gretchen Wilson
John Rich
Cowboy Troy
Jack Ingram
Robert Earl Keen
Super Diamond
Boogie Nights
Duck Soup

Please, Please let it be Cowboy Troy that is playing!! Please, please!!!

- ML

tribute_13
08-11-2008, 09:34 PM
RATM would be incredibly awesome, but since it's a family event, I doubt it. Anyone considered the Eagles? Are they pro-RP in any way?

RATM will NOT be playing at the Rally, they will be holding a concert at the Target Center the day after the rally. But the guitarist Tom Morrello has been playing with Steve Earle, also in the area, at Union Rally's, he could show up possibly.

revolutionman
08-11-2008, 10:30 PM
Where did the idea that RATM is not family friendly come from??

if you wanna raise a bunch of lil tools, i could see how you might think that, but I really think its quite hypocritical for us to call them radical. they are performers, they put on a show.

tribute_13
08-11-2008, 11:03 PM
Where did the idea that RATM is not family friendly come from??

if you wanna raise a bunch of lil tools, i could see how you might think that, but I really think its quite hypocritical for us to call them radical. they are performers, they put on a show.

I don't think the parent's would like their kids being subjected to , "this is our new fucking song", or "Are you ready to fucking oppose these oppressive motherfuckers!", or "Who wants to go throw rocks at the RNC windows and have our mob be displaced by tear gas and then complain about it to the media!"

I think it's unanimous they're not going to be playing at the rally because there will be kids there. Tom Morrello playing though is a different story, he hardly talks.

rajibo
08-11-2008, 11:13 PM
I don't think the parent's would like their kids being subjected to , "this is our new fucking song", or "Are you ready to fucking oppose these oppressive motherfuckers!", or "Who wants to go throw rocks at the RNC windows and have our mob be displaced by tear gas and then complain about it to the media!"

I think it's unanimous they're not going to be playing at the rally because there will be kids there. Tom Morrello playing though is a different story, he hardly talks.

Or they may decide to do this again:

http://www.musicfanclubs.org/rage/lollapalooza.jpg

That pissed me off to no end at the time.

tribute_13
08-11-2008, 11:42 PM
Or they may decide to do this again:

http://www.musicfanclubs.org/rage/lollapalooza.jpg

That pissed me off to no end at the time.

Yeah, they boycotted their own concert to protest Music Censorship and then they gave a free concert afterwords for disappointed fans.

richardfortherepublic
08-12-2008, 12:41 AM
My money is on either

Bob Dylan
Ted Nugent
John Mayer
or
Rush.

Hell, it could even be The Who.

tribute_13
08-12-2008, 12:50 PM
My money is on either

Bob Dylan
Ted Nugent
John Mayer
or
Rush.

Hell, it could even be The Who.

Don already ruled out Rush. Ted Nugent would be great. Bob Dylan would be sensational.

IPSecure
08-12-2008, 01:03 PM
Eagles?

Wish List: Boston, Deep Purple, Rush, Kansas, REO Speedwagon, Foghat, Lynyrd Skynyrd, etc...

Ninja Homer
08-12-2008, 01:55 PM
If it was Dylan, the local media would go nuts. Dylan doesn't like to do political things though. The local media would also go nuts over Prince.

Lynyrd Skynyrd would be great, and so would Nugent. Hopefully it's somebody along those lines.

The Lantern
08-12-2008, 02:11 PM
Don said the band was more than 2 letters and less than 10 which leads me to scientifically deduce that the headliner will be....[/B]:p

Dang. Now you know why it took me two tries to pass logic and I gave up on calculus. The name contains between 2 and 10 syllables.

I can't believe I am spending time on this.

2 and 10 syllables not letters. and Don did not say it was a band. He referred to a headliner which could be an individual like Barbra Streisand. :):):)

Just kidding, but it could be an individual performer.

LittleLightShining
08-12-2008, 02:36 PM
2 and 10 syllables not letters. and Don did not say it was a band. He referred to a headliner which could be an individual like Barbra Streisand. :):):)

Just kidding, but it could be an individual performer.My bad :o

tribute_13
08-12-2008, 02:41 PM

Just kidding, but it could be an individual performer.

So Tom Morrello is still in the running.

richardfortherepublic
08-12-2008, 03:35 PM
BOB DYLAN or TED NUGENT... I'm calling it right now.

KenInMontiMN
08-12-2008, 05:43 PM
Dylan would just be too incredibly huge to contemplate even. Hate to even let myself even hope along those lines, that would set myself up for disappointment over any other announcement, good as it may be.

LittleLightShining
08-12-2008, 06:06 PM
Dylan would just be too incredibly huge to contemplate even. Hate to even let myself even hope along those lines, that would set myself up for disappointment over any other announcement, good as it may be.If CFL can't afford Willie they can't afford Dylan. Nugent is more realistic.

Leadman584
08-13-2008, 02:10 AM
Most likely from previous threads is Styx, or Sammy Hagar. Love to see either but Sammy just rocks. My choice would be Megadeath. If you can get Sammy and Dave in the same stage, I have to go. I will fake death to see that show.

dcbpe
08-13-2008, 11:12 AM
Most likely from previous threads is Styx, or Sammy Hagar. Love to see either but Sammy just rocks. My choice would be Megadeath. If you can get Sammy and Dave in the same stage, I have to go. I will fake death to see that show.

Dude, I'm with you on Megadeth...but I don't think we'll be in luck. Dave has made no public statements in support of Ron (or any other candidate so far as I'm aware).

And, I took the liberty of PM'ing "Megadave", Dave Mustaine's web coordiantor over at Megadeth.com...he "doesn't know" what Dave's position on Ron Paul is.

Dave
08-13-2008, 02:20 PM
I just learned that Styx is playing Minneapolis on the same day as the Rally. At 10 pm they're playing for a party (5,000 expected) being thrown by the Republican National Committee. My money's on Styx performing at the Rally but that they're NOT the big headliner - that will be someone else.

Where does Dave Matthews fall politically?

rajibo
08-13-2008, 03:40 PM
I just learned that Styx is playing Minneapolis on the same day as the Rally. At 10 pm they're playing for a party (5,000 expected) being thrown by the Republican National Committee. My money's on Styx performing at the Rally but that they're NOT the big headliner - that will be someone else.

Where does Dave Matthews fall politically?

Styx???:(

LittleLightShining
08-13-2008, 06:03 PM
Styx???:(I was kinda waiting to hear someone else have this reaction. If Styx plays that would be so lame. No offense to the diehard Styx fans here. The democrats get Kanye* and Ron Paul gets Styx? That's even sadder than ABBA playing for the Republicans.

* I hate Kanye, but he's very hip with the kids.

PlzPeopleWakeUp
08-13-2008, 07:01 PM
nt

StudentForPaul08
08-13-2008, 09:09 PM
So when will we find out if there will even be a headliner? The mailers have been sent out, i was thinking they we're waiting for the headlining announcement before they mail them out. I mean that like having a metal tour with lesser known bands telling people "oh, a headliner will come soon someone HUGE" than promoting it and advertising without the big name. I am guessing either this is it or there is a delay out of their hands and had to go forward.

KenInMontiMN
08-13-2008, 10:24 PM
Actually, I'm pretty sure they wanted to do the nationwide contact thing with all registered supporters before a headliner was announced that could cause a quick sellout. We have a lot of people that haven't stayed in touch with forums such as this, they get their shot prior to any big public announcement as I understand what's been said previous.

Swearengen
08-13-2008, 10:42 PM
All the guessing and searching band sites for nearby appearances has just led to frustration on my part, and we're not going to find out untill we find out. So, I'm not gonna even try to guess any more.

When Carol recovers, negotiations are finalized, and the press release can be staged properly, they'll let us know. I don't see it coming before that.

I think Don R. has been more than gracious interacting with us and divulging what he could, but I think we've hit a brick wall here.

Once I found out that Neil Young was still Canadian I lost all hope. :(

I still feel that no matter who it is, it can only add the to already awesome lineup they have planned for us. So why waste the energy guessing? It's going to be great already, so it can only get better.

Ron Paul is the top speaker, and that's just fine with me. Everything else is just icing on the cake.

James Madison
08-13-2008, 11:16 PM
Sammy Hagar
The Beach Boys
The Charlie Daniels Band
Smash Mouth
Big Head Todd
Styx
Lupe Fiasco
Mos Def
Steve Earle
Billy Bragg
Bobby Yang
LeAnn Rimes
Bellamy Brothers
Gretchen Wilson
John Rich
Cowboy Troy
Jack Ingram
Robert Earl Keen
Super Diamond
Boogie Nights
Duck Soup

If any of those guys show up I might just cut class and go up to Minny.

robert4rp08
08-13-2008, 11:55 PM
Paris Hilton as backlash against McCain's recent TV ad!

rajibo
08-14-2008, 12:24 AM
Negativity will get you and us no where.

The fact that any main stream band or any famous person would join us, to help us, is wonderful and I welcome them with open arms. Thank God for them.

But hey... if you want to piss and moan... feel free.

Let me reiterate:

Styx??? :(:confused::rolleyes:

ron paul or bust
08-14-2008, 08:51 AM
Don't underestimate the power of Styx! If they play, it might just get my lazy arse from Jersey all the way out to Minnesota!!! They still put on a pretty darn good show. :cool:

Paulitical Correctness
08-14-2008, 10:10 AM
Stfu whippersnappers, you hate on Styx now but if they end up being the headlining band, you watch - bunch of 30+ asses are gonna fill those seats.

sweetmusicj
08-14-2008, 10:59 AM
I'm a 25 year old and saw Styx at a Benefit Auction I did and they put on a great show. Didn't realize how many hits they had until that night.

tribute_13
08-14-2008, 01:21 PM
Let me reiterate:

The hell is wrong with Styx? They're awesome! And I also think that they aren't the headlining band but they might play.

Jaykzo
08-14-2008, 01:52 PM
thought we would know the answer to this question a week and a half ago............

:mad:

I'll be there regardless of who is playing, but its really not too mature of the CFL to go out and claim some outrageously popluar headliner, then not tell us who it is for weeks.

My bet is that they don't even have an act lined up yet. Or they did, but it fell through so they're trying to come up with a new one.

I hate speculating, but thats what I'm left to do when I get fed a bunch of nonsense from Benton.

richardfortherepublic
08-14-2008, 05:34 PM
Yeah I have to agree, this is getting ridiculous. The news line is not going to slow down any time soon with this Georgia thing going on.

Just come out with it already..... Word of mouth will get around.

Bama Boy
08-17-2008, 08:36 PM
I saw Toby Keith on Glenn Beck the other day. That is my guess.

(BTW, he is NOT a supporter of the Iraq war) He does support the troops with morale events, but is publicly not in favor of the Iraq War.

Anti Federalist
08-17-2008, 09:00 PM
stfu whippersnappers, you hate on styx now but if they end up being the headlining band, you watch - bunch of 30+ asses are gonna fill those seats.

lulz :D:D:D

Imperial
08-18-2008, 05:09 PM
I am hoping for Toby Keith.

He is a democrat, conservative against Iraq War, etc.

Only thing is I am not sure if he is pro-Obama. Still, his presence would be awesome!

PS: I used to like alot of his music too...here is to hoping!

RockEnds
08-18-2008, 05:31 PM
I'm hoping for CDB. I'd love to hear "In America" tailored to fit neocons.

The Lantern
08-18-2008, 06:09 PM
Can it really be? Is the big secret.....

Mitt Romney's sidekick?

http://www.unconfirmedsources.com/nucleus/media/21/20080126-romneybonaducesm.jpg

Maybe we will have a Partridge Family reunion.

Can it really be?

Eric21ND
08-18-2008, 11:51 PM
Damn I was hoping for Incubus.

That's seriously the only band I can think we'd all agree on. Styx is a little before my time...I hope the organizers realize that 3/4 of the audience is going to be 18-30.

rajibo
08-19-2008, 08:57 AM
Let me reiterate:

I wish it were Styx. :o

acptulsa
08-19-2008, 08:58 AM
I'll bet a hundred dollars it's Sara Evans. Any takers?

ron paul or bust
08-19-2008, 09:06 AM
I'll bet a hundred dollars it's Sara Evans. Any takers?

Nice bait but I ain't biting! ;)

Ugh...is Sara Evans the BEST they could do?! LAME. (My apologies to country music fans....)

LibertyEagle
08-19-2008, 09:09 AM
Nice bait but I ain't biting! ;)

Ugh...is Sara Evans the BEST they could do?! LAME. (My apologies to country music fans....)

Actually, it's quite a coup.

RickyJ
08-19-2008, 10:46 AM
I wish it were Styx. :o

I would gladly pay more to hear Styx. Sara Evans might put me to sleep at the end of the rally and that would suck being woken up by security with them telling me to get out of here bum! ;)

pacelli
08-19-2008, 10:50 AM
Actually, it's quite a coup.

Damn straight it is. If you look at it politically rather than through the screen of "my personal music tastes", it is a brilliant move.

Truth Warrior
08-19-2008, 10:52 AM
How many polka bands are there in Minnesota? :D

acptulsa
08-19-2008, 10:54 AM

These days, not half as many as in Juarez.

Danke
08-19-2008, 11:06 AM

We should have gotten "The World's Most Dangerous Polka Band"

Actually they play at a bar not far from the Target Center.

http://www.wmdpb.com/index.htm

http://www.dangerouspolkafilms.com/

Some funny lyrics.

Kludge
08-19-2008, 11:13 AM

Some funny lyrics.

http://www.wmdpb.com/images/gallery07.jpg

=

http://www.wmdpb.com/images/gallery06.jpg

Eric21ND
08-19-2008, 05:58 PM
U2

dannno
08-19-2008, 06:07 PM
I'm guessing Sara Evans, the country musician

Ninja Homer
08-19-2008, 06:15 PM

Some funny lyrics.

They're awesome!!

They play at Nye's, voted Best Bar in America by Esquire. http://www.esquire.com/features/ESQ1006BESTBARS_147

The Lantern
08-19-2008, 08:02 PM
I would gladly pay more to hear Styx. Sara Evans might put me to sleep at the end of the rally and that would suck being woken up by security with them telling me to get out of here bum! ;)

Styx is playing at a party for the Republican National convention.

jack555
08-20-2008, 12:08 PM
"The Campaign for Liberty is happy to announce that Country Music Superstar Sara Evans will perform as a special treat for Rally for the Republic attendees. Sara Evans, a multi-platinum recording artist and 2006 Academy of Country Music Female Vocalist of the Year, will bring her remarkable talents to an already stellar cast of performers and speakers. Her performance is sure to cap off a wonderful day on September 2nd."

LibertyInJeopardy
08-20-2008, 02:54 PM
Doesn't seem to helping ticket sales much.