PDA

View Full Version : In Need of a Chaperon to St. Paul

tribute_13
08-03-2008, 01:01 AM
I'm Michael Kelly. I am 16 years old and I'm currently a ward of the state. I wasn't a bad kid, my parents just had problems and as a result I'm no longer allowed to contact them. I have already purchased a ticket to attend the Rally in St. Paul and my case worker has ok'd me to go as long as I had a chaperon that she approved of. I live in the Raleigh, NC area and I was hoping to find someone willing to let me tag along under these conditions:

*I have a place to stay/sleep
*I have reliable transportation to and from St. Paul
*I have someone watching me

I can pay for any expenses such as hotel room, gas, food, souvenirs whatever. I just need someone to be a signature on a piece of paper and keep an eye on me for the rally. Please help if you can.

If you need any more details about my current situation you can PM me and I'll gladly respond.

GunnyFreedom
08-03-2008, 01:04 AM
I'm from Raleigh area, and I have tickets already. Dunno if I qualify because I'm broke and was planning on sleeping in my car... (depending on how my jobs go this month, I'm self employed, could be good, could be bad...)

LibertiORDeth
08-03-2008, 01:19 AM
I'm from Raleigh area, and I have tickets already. Dunno if I qualify because I'm broke and was planning on sleeping in my car... (depending on how my jobs go this month, I'm self employed, could be good, could be bad...)

Ronstcok is 20$ for the four days.... just bring a tent. Or share mine :p

GunnyFreedom
08-03-2008, 01:26 AM
that sounds like a plan

RickyJ
08-03-2008, 01:52 AM
This has got to be a joke post. A case worker is going to let you go out of state with a total stranger, and you have no problem going with a total stranger yourself?

Get out of here. Do you think we were all born yesterday or something?

tribute_13
08-03-2008, 01:53 AM
that sounds like a plan

How about this, if you want, I'll pay your $20 bucks for Ronstock if you want. Do you have a tent? I just need a sig for me to get on board with the ronvoy. I'd be able to pay gas moneyyyyy....

tribute_13
08-03-2008, 01:55 AM
This has got to be a joke post. A case worker is going to let you go out of state with a total stranger, and you have no problem going with a total stranger yourself?

Get out of here. Do you think we were all born yesterday or something?

Look, I'm not pulling anyone's leg. My case worker is shallow enough to let me stay with my gf of all people. I didn't even request that. My case worker is very lenient. Of course I wouldn't be going with a complete stranger. She has to approve of the temporary caregiver first. Unless you have been in foster care before then keep your nose out of shit you have zero experience with. If your not going to help out then don't post. I'm actually looking around my local meetup groups and trying to find someone I know that's going. I would've already had a chaperon but he was going to the GOP Convention as a delegate and not the Rally. I'm trying to find someone now instead of waiting till the last minute.

tribute_13
08-03-2008, 02:16 AM
*Update

I was planning on Ronvoying because I thought it would be cheaper, and I was right, I just really don't plan on paying $175 unless I absolutely have to. Carpooling with someone who doesn't have to drive out of their way to get me would be great

tribute_13
08-03-2008, 03:00 AM
Bump for Joy?

GunnyFreedom
08-03-2008, 03:11 AM
How about this, if you want, I'll pay your $20 bucks for Ronstock if you want. Do you have a tent? I just need a sig for me to get on board with the ronvoy. I'd be able to pay gas moneyyyyy....

I'll offer a tacit "OK" for the moment, but don't stop looking -- I'm self employed and my schedule is desperately chaotic. I have something blowing in the wind about an overseas contract making megabucks, and if I get the offer, I'll honestly have no choice but to accept 6 months of work for $70k...but that would mean I'll miss the rally. 8-(

tribute_13
08-03-2008, 03:23 AM
Hey, thats fine Gunny, I don't want to interfere with your job man. If it's a hassle I don't want to make you feel obligated. Go out there and make you some dough and attend the next CFL event. No biggie.

LibertiORDeth
08-03-2008, 10:08 AM
Hey, thats fine Gunny, I don't want to interfere with your job man. If it's a hassle I don't want to make you feel obligated. Go out there and make you some dough and attend the next CFL event. No biggie.

Like I said you'll find someone. Note: If the previous chaperon is a McCain supporter, do your best to sabotage him ;)

Did you hear something? :D

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-03-2008, 12:50 PM
Michael,

We're looking for someone local in MN, but it sounds like you may need someone to ride with as well. I emailed you this morning. Stay in touch with your status, and we'll try to find that chaperone. But you keep looking too, as someone driving up may be the best bet.

M

Danke
08-03-2008, 03:24 PM
Michael,

We're looking for someone local in MN, but it sounds like you may need someone to ride with as well. I emailed you this morning. Stay in touch with your status, and we'll try to find that chaperone. But you keep looking too, as someone driving up may be the best bet.

M

I nominate Marianne. Shoot, Ron Paul calls her on her cell phone, she can be trusted with a young, virile 16 year old male.