PDA

View Full Version : Marijuana Policy Project will be highlighting Ron Paul

Sematary
08-30-2007, 10:36 AM
I emailed the MPP last week sometime about backing Ron Paul, but like many organizations, they are not allowed to by FEC rules. They DID send me this though:

Thanks for your note! MPP does not choose to endorse one presidential candidate, but rather to put public pressure on the candidates who have bad positions on our issues (and thank candidates like Ron Paul with strong positive positions!) in order to increase visibility for the medical marijuana issue and maximize the number of presidential candidates who have pledged to end the raids. We do this through our Granite Staters for Medical Marijuana (GSMM) campaign in New Hampshire, where we confront presidential candidates on the campaign trail. Please let me know if you would like to learn more about the GSMM campaign and I can sign you up for GSMM e-mail alerts.

That said, we do recognize that Ron Paul has courageously stood up for the need to change marijuana policies throughout his tenure in office. We certainly appreciate his strong stances on various marijuana policy reform issues. I think you'll be pleased to know that MPP will be featuring Ron Paul in one of our fall mailing campaigns scheduled for October.

Thanks again for writing, and please feel free to contact me any time with your questions, comments, or concerns. I'm happy to be of assistance!

Sincerely,

Sarah Hench
Membership Coordinator
Marijuana Policy Project
P.O. Box 77492, Capitol Hill
Washington, D.C. 20013
Tel: 202-462-5747 x132
Fax: 202-544-4088
shench@mpp.org
www.mpp.org

Be sure to visit www.mpp.org/subscribe to sign up for MPP's free e-mail alerts.

We NEED to contact as many groups as possible about Ron Paul who would be sympathetic to his candidacy. We CAN get help. MPP is HUGE with a large email list. This is AWESOME NEWS.

Sematary
08-30-2007, 11:34 AM
bump