PDA

View Full Version : LTE Seattle PI -

surf
08-30-2007, 10:36 AM
Appearing in the Seattle PI (major local newspaper). Between Karen and i, this is our 3rd letter in either the Times or the PI since May (also the 3rd submitted). From what i read, Dr. Paul may be meeting with this editorial board when he comes to Seatte in September

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/opinion/329532_ltrs30.html

PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ron Paul agrees with P-I about ending war
Your Monday editorial, "Iraq war: Just stop fighting," was bold, particularly in a state that continues to elect representatives to Congress who persist in supporting war. It should be obvious, as you wrote, "The only way to end a war is to stop fighting it."

There is a presidential candidate who incorporates this belief. When asked at a recent debate, "If you were president, what would be your strategy for ending the war in Iraq?" Rep. Ron Paul responded, "Just come home." Paul went on, "The No. 1 reason (is) it's in our national self-interest and for our national security."

Paul correctly points out, "This war is not going well because the foreign policy is defective."

Among top-tier candidates (including the Democrats that have "bitterly disappointed" the P-I), Paul stands out as the only candidate that can end this war, address our flawed foreign policy, and allow the military to "just come home."

Karen Miller
Redmond

bc2208
08-30-2007, 10:41 AM
nice job, congrats