PDA

View Full Version : The REAL T. Boone Pickens Plan

TastyWheat
08-02-2008, 04:47 PM
Going from Big Oil to Big Water?

Video (http://zaproot.com/2008/07/truth-about-the-pickens-plan-zaproot-048/)

P.S. Don't bother looking up Sara's profile. It's not as cool as you'd think.

sidster
08-03-2008, 02:01 AM
she talks too fast.

i didn't like their "push" advertising tactic either.

werdd
08-03-2008, 06:18 AM
Sounds's about right, hes just a rich invester riding the green wave.

If you live in Texas, you hear his ads regularly. They are quite annoying, and appeal to enviromentalist retards.

I live in Abilene Texas, outside of this town is the largest wind farm in the world, 2 of them actually(wiki). And we pipe all of the energy to California for 17c a kilowatt. The locals who should benefit from this power, do not aside from jobs.

Dary
08-03-2008, 07:21 AM
I sent him an email saying that I believe that we need to do everything possible in order to get out of this mess, including re-legalizing industrial hemp. I asked if he would be in support of that notion, but I never got a reply.

Ozwest
08-03-2008, 08:35 AM
People eat corn and sugar cane, not industrial hemp.

It is sorrowful that farmers are pawns of regulation, and subsidies, rather than self-determination.

Welcome to Europe.

sidster
08-04-2008, 07:44 PM
*bump* ... just curious what more people think of the possible
boone "agenda" alluded in OP's video?

are there more sources on this?

jkr
08-05-2008, 03:38 PM
i have seen you can use hemp seed as a nutritous food.

SWATH
08-06-2008, 10:32 AM
The REAL T. Bone Pickens
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2183/2424464275_9067fcdde8.jpg?v=0

SLSteven
08-06-2008, 01:00 PM
If God had meant for us to burn corn in our cars, He would have put it in the ground and not on a cobb and wouldn't have made it taste so good!

TastyWheat
08-06-2008, 01:19 PM
*bump* ... just curious what more people think of the possible
boone "agenda" alluded in OP's video?

are there more sources on this?
As long as the government isn't doing him any favors (snatching up private land) I guess I'm okay with it.

SLSteven
08-06-2008, 02:27 PM
As long as the government isn't doing him any favors (snatching up private land) I guess I'm okay with it.

I am skeptical. Well, why is he admonishing us to "push" his plan? If he has some great plan to make energy more available, cleaner, etc...he won't need us to "push" it. Isn't he an oil man?

SLSteven
08-06-2008, 02:28 PM

I am skeptical. Why is he admonishing us to "push" his plan? If he has some great plan to make energy more available, cleaner, etc...he won't need us to "push" it. Isn't he an oil man?

Cowlesy
08-08-2008, 06:43 AM
Jury is still out for me on this. He's on CNBC right now defending himself from all these people in the WSJ who are saying he's doing this out of greed.

In fairness to Pickens, he has more money than G*d, and has given away $700,000,000 over the past few years, and his entire estate is going to charity.

I think we should watch how this plays out. He could just be an old guy who loves his country and is hellbent on not shipping countless billions of dollars each year to the Arabian Peninsula.

Let us watch this unfold.

constituent
08-08-2008, 11:42 AM
i thought he was scammin' at first too. Frankly, I'd never heard of the guy prior to this whole bit.

Natural gas is a big part of the plan, no? Maybe he could prove his sincerity by offering up a big hugo chavez style offer to rebate energy costs for poor Americans?

Also, if murdoch's new mouthpiece is bashing him, i kinda feel obliged to take his side.

No1ButPaul08
08-08-2008, 11:56 AM
Just another rich guy trying to get taxpayers to pay for his business ventures. I have an idea, let's remove all energy subsidies and let the market pick the winner rather than the government. Maybe I should spends millions advertising my new No1ButPaul08 Plan.

There’s a back story to Pickens’ sudden interest in wind energy. It would be naive to think that when an 80-year-old billionaire oilman buys air time to pitch the wind as the solution to the country’s oil import problem, there wouldn’t be a back story. The West Texas land Pickens is developing for wind is also where he has tried and been frustrated in the attempt gain permission to pump water out of the Ogalalla Aquifer to meet the demands of growing cities in the area. No matter how prominently that goal still figures in Pickens’ plan, it’s no secret he wants government to build the transmission infrastructure that would make large-scale use of wind energy a reality, and multiply his stake.