PDA

View Full Version : Can we sell snake oil to masses? 'Yes, we can' or 'No, we can't'?

Liberty Star
08-02-2008, 01:22 PM
Can our politicians sell snake oil to masses?

Or our public is too informed for that?

Fox McCloud
08-02-2008, 01:29 PM
yup! it's really easy...if it weren't so easy, then we wouldn't be in this huge mess.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
08-02-2008, 01:51 PM
Can our politicians sell snake oil to masses?

Or our public is too informed for that?

The problem is atheism in general and impiety in particular. Our founding fathers did not established themselves on their own experience. They established themselves on a foundation which had been developing for thousands of years.
McCann the warmonger bases himself on his own foundation. The foundation behind McCann aren't the founding fathers and the foundation of great history they stood upon, it is a committee of vipers that make up his campaign. Obama is the orphan for change based not on the founding fathers, though he does try to mention them eloquently on occasion; but, he is for change based on a foundation of Obama himself. This is the epitome of selfishness brough on by the spirit of atheism in general and impiety in particular.
Impiety happens as a result of atheism. Atheism begats disrespect for the past history of our silly relgious ancestors. This was once considered a crime of impiety for which one could be executed.
Friedrich Nietchze's "God (Morality) is dead" actually means this -- while a virtuous, moral system appears to be set up to tend to the needs of the people, the virtue and morality in the people working in the system is rotten to the core. The result is chaos and nihilism. The Great World Wars.

Uriel999
08-02-2008, 02:34 PM
The problem is atheism in general and impiety in particular. Our founding fathers did not established themselves on their own experience. They established themselves on a foundation which had been developing for thousands of years.
McCann the warmonger bases himself on his own foundation. The foundation behind McCann aren't the founding fathers and the foundation of great history they stood upon, it is a committee of vipers that make up his campaign. Obama is the orphan for change based not on the founding fathers, though he does try to mention them eloquently on occasion; but, he is for change based on a foundation of Obama himself. This is the epitome of selfishness brough on by the spirit of atheism in general and impiety in particular.
Impiety happens as a result of atheism. Atheism begats disrespect for the past history of our silly relgious ancestors. This was once considered a crime of impiety for which one could be executed.
Friedrich Nietchze's "God (Morality) is dead" actually means this -- while a virtuous, moral system appears to be set up to tend to the needs of the people, the virtue and morality in the people working in the system is rotten to the core. The result is chaos and nihilism. The Great World Wars.

Ummm Atheists disrespecting our founding fathers??? Well if your talking about Hamilton well yeah screw that guy, but I love me some Patrick Henry, Jefferson, etc. You honestly have no idea what your talking about. You just have a grudge or something against Atheists. I'm an Atheist, I guess I have no respect for the past despite being a history major? You know what I DO disrespect; people making generalizations about what I believe or don't for that matter.

You go on to essentially blame WWI and WWII on atheists! Hold on I think I found a useful place for the Ghoul's famous quote "that's really an extraordinary statement...I don't think I've ever heard that before, and I've heard some pretty absurd explanations for..." The world wars.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
08-03-2008, 10:48 AM
Ummm Atheists disrespecting our founding fathers??? Well if your talking about Hamilton well yeah screw that guy, but I love me some Patrick Henry, Jefferson, etc. You honestly have no idea what your talking about. You just have a grudge or something against Atheists. I'm an Atheist, I guess I have no respect for the past despite being a history major? You know what I DO disrespect; people making generalizations about what I believe or don't for that matter.

You go on to essentially blame WWI and WWII on atheists! Hold on I think I found a useful place for the Ghoul's famous quote "that's really an extraordinary statement...I don't think I've ever heard that before, and I've heard some pretty absurd explanations for..." The world wars.

When he said that "God is dead," Friedrich Nietchze actually meant that "morality" is dead. The system set up is only as moral as the morality of the people who run the system.
I did not blame atheists. I'm claiming that most think Nietchze made the claim "God is dead" as an atheistic statement when he did not.
Look. You have already offended me and for your offense I'm not about to give you an education.
Just go back to college.

Carole
08-03-2008, 12:17 PM
Not sure if I agree with the atheism reference but I definitely believe our leaders are Satan worhippers. :D

Freedom 4 all
08-03-2008, 04:45 PM
Isn't Obama at least a semi-hardcore Chrisrtian, not an athiest?

ChickenHawk
08-03-2008, 04:56 PM
Isn't Obama at least a semi-hardcore Chrisrtian, not an athiest?

He only clings to religion because he's bitter.

Golding
08-03-2008, 06:12 PM
Sure. They have been for quite some time.

Is it the fault of religion's existence or absence in our lives? Personally, I think it's a gap that transcends religious beliefs. I think we've become complacent with the idea that everything is debatable (which is what gives everything potential for being politicized), when there are some things that should not be. The condemnation of our leaders valuing, in their governing role, one faith over another, should not be debatable. The disapproval of restricting people from defending themselves should not be debatable. When we are willing to negotiate our most basic human rights, it becomes that much easier for politicians to sell whatever they want to the masses.

Liberty Star
08-04-2008, 07:45 PM
How did the discussion about slickry talk/seasonal color changing/chameleon-ship of politicians turn into a debate about God and atheism? LOL

While some have called religion 'opium for the masses', there is no shortage of gullible people making uninformed and lazy choices across the spectrum of theist beliefs. Although strong 'religious mind' may be hard to change with just rational argument and may even be less analytical.

It however is safe to say that Obama's campaign has been a good example of weakness that comes from lack of a belief/conviction. A belief/idea can be very powerful when properly employed.