PDA

View Full Version : Boston Globe article ignores Ron Paul

joeu
05-27-2007, 01:33 PM
Today's Boston Globe has this article by Peter Canellos
"GOP rivals embrace unproven Iraq-9/11 tie"

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/washington/articles/2007/05/27/gop_rivals_embrace_unproven_iraq_911_tie/

Nowhere in the article does he mention Ron Paul. I wrote Peter (p_canellos@globe.com) the following letter in complaint:

Dear Peter,

I found it interesting that in your Boston Globe column today regarding the Iraq/911 non-linkage you failed to mention Ron Paul at all. Didn't he cause quite a stir in South Carolina on just that point and didn't he and Michael Scheuer, who you do mention, appear at a joint conference just this past week?

Isn't Ron Paul a GOP rival?

A suspicious mind would jump to the conclusion that the omission was deliberate. Hopefully this is not the case and your future articles will not make the same mistake again..

Regards,
Joe Ureneck

*Perhaps he would like to hear, politley, from other Ron Paul supporters*

rg123
05-27-2007, 03:15 PM
Have sent a letter to the editor asking about censorship suggest same of everyone

letter@globe.com <letter@globe.com>

TheDuke
05-27-2007, 03:50 PM
Dear Mr. Canellos,

Today I had the honor of reading your column on Boston.com about the GOP candidates embracing unproven links between 911 and Iraq.

I found it rather strange not to read a word about presidential candidate dr. Ron Paul, the only GOP candidate that does not embrace these theories. Of course, stating the position of Ron Paul would automatically support him, something some would not like to see happening.

Anyway, let us not call it censorship at this juncture, but a strange mistake from your part. Let's also not forget that claims of censorship would damage the reputation of Boston.com and of course The Boston Globe.

My highest regards,

J. Stevens
cc: letter@globe.com

I also gave it a try :D I hope it was polite enough.

joeu
05-29-2007, 04:49 AM
As a comparison with his previous article ignoring Ron Paul, take a look at Peter Canellos' puff piece ( "Their commitment to each other seems stronger than ever. So does their chance of returning to the White House.") today on Hillary Clinton.
"Team Clinton looks stronger than ever"
http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2007/05/29/team_clinton_looks_stronger_than_ever/
Let's encourage Peter to write another article entitled along similar lines- " Ron Paul looks stronger than ever" .

I haven't received any reply from Peter ( p_canellos@globe.com) regarding his 'dismissal by non-mention' of Ron Paul. If anyone does receive a repy please let us know.

ju