PDA

View Full Version : Need a quick answer about superdelegates

Perry
08-02-2008, 11:31 AM
If a person was a superdelegate in the primaries what is his role in the presidential race? Is he then just a regular delegate?

Zippyjuan
08-02-2008, 12:16 PM
In the Presidential race (not the party conventions) a super delegate has the same power as you or me. One vote. There are no delegates in the regular election. They could be given a place as a member of the electoral college for their respective state but there are more "super delegates" than electoral college postions. Republicans really don't have any super delagates- just the democrats.

Perry
08-02-2008, 12:17 PM
help bump...

Perry
08-02-2008, 12:20 PM
In the Presidential race (not the party conventions) a super delegate has the same power as you or me. One vote. There are no delegates in the regular election. They could be given a place as a member of the electoral college for their respective state but there are more "super delegates" than electoral college postions. Republicans really don't have any super delagates- just the democrats.

Oh thanks.
Then does this (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=148851) still equate to a bribe?

What good will it Do Obama to buy this vote now?

Zippyjuan
08-02-2008, 01:20 PM
The one delegate will not help him at all- he already has enough pledged delegates. What I think he is trying to do is woo more latino voters and that is why he is trying to expand his latino outreach program. The questions about it arise because the delegate who wanted the program was put in charge of it so it looks more like sucking up to him personally. Both the Democratic Party and the Obama campaign contributed money to the group.

No1ButPaul08
08-02-2008, 01:24 PM
Oh thanks.
Then does this (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=148851) still equate to a bribe?

What good will it Do Obama to buy this vote now?

The one delegate will not help him at all- he already has enough pledged delegates. What I think he is trying to do is woo more latino voters and that is why he is trying to expand his latino outreach program. The questions about it arise because the delegate who wanted the program was put in charge of it so it looks more like sucking up to him personally. Both the Democratic Party and the Obama campaign contributed money to the group.

Yup, him buying this Superdelegate is just one big pandering act towards Latinos.

Perry
08-02-2008, 01:33 PM

Ok so it still equates to a bribe just not one that necessarily breaks any laws.
Disgraceful. Exactly what one might expect from a lawyer.