PDA

View Full Version : The Next Debate

BillyDkid
08-30-2007, 10:07 AM
The next debate is on Fox. Is there anything we can do now to persuade Fox not to make it another Rudy and Romney show and to be somewhat fair to Ron and the other candidates. I have the feeling they just ignore emails. Any thoughts?

Ridiculous
08-30-2007, 10:10 AM
Paul needs to make a jab at a front runner, by name, with some kind of irrefutable comment. This kind of thing will make press and get the media to talk about him afterwards.

joeu
08-30-2007, 10:14 AM
The next debate is on Fox. Is there anything we can do now to persuade Fox not to make it another Rudy and Romney show and to be somewhat fair to Ron and the other candidates. I have the feeling they just ignore emails. Any thoughts?

WRITE! WRITE! and WRITE AGAIN....politely

Here's my letter to Brit Hume,the moderator:

Dear Mr. Hume,

I understand that you will be the moderator for the Republican presidential candidate debate on September 5 in Durham, New Hampshire. Your participation in the event is appreciated.

I am disappointed to learn that no questions from the audience will be sought and that instead there will be questions by pre-selected individuals at an off-site location. I also understand that the placement of candidates on the stage will be similar to previous debates with the "top tier" at center stage enjoying inordinate speaking time while other candidates are placed to the sidelines with more limited exposure.

Those earlier debates were less than impressive and viewers were not well served by the obvious stage-management.

Providing an open and equal opportunity for all candidates to present their views to the American public in Durham would be a wonder drug for the 2008 presidential campaign. This can best be achieved by random placement of candidates on the stage and, to the greatest extent possible, providing equal speaking time to each candidate. Let the viewers decide who the 'front-runners' should be for the Republican Party.

Please help make this presidential campaign worthy of voter participation. Allow all the Repubican candidates to have equal voice in the September 5 debate. I will be pleased to receive your response to these suggestions. Thank you.

Regards,

bc2208
08-30-2007, 10:19 AM
where did you send that?

JMann
08-30-2007, 10:36 AM
Paul needs to make a jab at a front runner, by name, with some kind of irrefutable comment. This kind of thing will make press and get the media to talk about him afterwards.

It is time for the good doctor to step up his attacks, with a positive spin. If not, it will be November and he will still be at 1-3% in polls. He has to show that he has some fight. Let us hope when the surge ends up not working more Republicans will start to support a withdraw of troops and if that is the case they only have one candidate to support. Then again, it won't take Rudy McRomney long to say they have always supported ending the war and think it is time to begin to remove the troops.

bc2208
08-30-2007, 10:38 AM
One of the first things I heard about was Rudy's reading list - honest, non-abrasive attacks on a candidates record and positions go a long way.

DjLoTi
08-30-2007, 10:39 AM
I really think this and the following debate arn't the heavy hitters we should be focused on. I think the Oct 14th debate is going to be the debate where it's going to be a real chance for Ron to stand out. I think the Oct 14th debate is going to be the most important one. The debates in September don't seem much different to me then the ones in May or June.

Ridiculous
08-30-2007, 10:43 AM
I think by October other cadidates will have dropped out and the media will be forced to pay attention to him. I think Huckabee, Brownback and McCain will have dropped out by then.

joeu
08-30-2007, 10:57 AM
where did you send that?

Sorry...Sent this letter to Brit Hume, the NH debate moderator, at special@foxnews.com

Dear Mr. Hume,

I understand that you will be the moderator for the Republican presidential candidate debate on September 5 in Durham, New Hampshire. Your participation in the event is appreciated.

I am disappointed to learn that no questions from the audience will be sought and that instead there will be questions by pre-selected individuals at an off-site location. I also understand that the placement of candidates on the stage will be similar to previous debates with the "top tier" at center stage enjoying inordinate speaking time while other candidates are placed to the sidelines with more limited exposure.

Those earlier debates were less than impressive and viewers were not well served by the obvious stage-management.

Providing an open and equal opportunity for all candidates to present their views to the American public in Durham would be a wonder drug for the 2008 presidential campaign. This can best be achieved by random placement of candidates on the stage and, to the greatest extent possible, providing equal speaking time to each candidate. Let the viewers decide who the 'front-runners' should be for the Republican Party.

Please help make this presidential campaign worthy of voter participation. Allow all the Repubican candidates to have equal voice in the September 5 debate. I will be pleased to receive your response to these suggestions. Thank you.

Regards,

WRITE! WRITE! and WRITE again...politely

Elwar
08-30-2007, 11:10 AM
If you're in the audience during this debate please do something for me...I scream at the TV and it has yet to help...

When they give a question and they talk to every candidate -except- for Ron Paul...please shout out "Hey You forgot about Ron Paul!"

You'll probably get kicked out, but you'll be doing a great service for all of us.

I'll try harder from the TV again...maybe if I scream a little louder next time.

bc2208
08-30-2007, 11:29 AM
Mr. Hume,

I look forward to attending the Republican Presidential debate next Wednesday night. I would like to kindly remind you that all of the men on stage are registered candidates, and deserve equal treatment. Often the frontrunners receive the most attention, but paradoxically attention fuels their frontrunner status. As we saw with Tom Tancredo in Iowa, at the ABC debate, it can be quite frustrating to be excluded from the discussion. Since all of the candidates are looking forward to your debate, I would hope that you work to ensure they are all able to voice opinions with equal time alotted, rather than just focusing on Mr. Romney and Mr. Giuliani.

See you there!
Brian

Bro.Butch
08-30-2007, 11:55 AM
I like to check the talk clock that the Dodd campaign posts during the debates. Well they didn't do it the last republican debate, they did the other republican debates, anyway I went back and went to the trouble of timing it myself.

Naturally ABC gave R-G-M more Qs & time, but I saw a quite disgusting thing that was hard to realize by just watching the debate. On every Q to Romney he over ran his time from :24 to :37 second on 1 minute answers and from :15 to :34 seconds on :30 second answers. If you write Fox (& CNN in the future) please let them know we as Americans don't appreciate "motormouth" Romney blatantly breaking the rules and going on and on. Request that they cut his mic off at the allotted time and not allow him to CHEAT !!!:mad: thx

bc2208
08-30-2007, 11:58 AM
Off topic, did you guys hear Dodd's house was robbed recently?