PDA

View Full Version : Write in Votes for Ron Paul

Paul Revered
08-02-2008, 02:58 AM
You know what you want. In case to don't know about how to go about getting it, let me offer this advice. Use every tool that is available to you. In order to win this war, we must win one small battle at a time. A write in vote hardly serves this purpose. It serves as the last desperate yelp of a puppy that is being crushed by the wheels of destiny. It is an expression of defeat. Ron Paul warned you, "it's not about the man; it's about the message." Ron Paul delivered his message. Did you hear it? From the beginning, he said that he didn't expect to win the Presidency. His purpose was to spread public awareness. He did his part. He started a Revolution. It is a Revolution of ideas. You knew this when you heard his message. Did you really expect to be a part of a revolution, and not have a fight? We must continue this fight. The conditions might not always be ideal. We may not be left with choices that meet the same ideals as Ron Paul; but that doesn't mean that we should simply give up, because we didn't get everything that we wanted. Our Constitution has been eroded for at last 100 years. It would be extremely ambitious to think that we could turn this around in one election. We must take steps, no matter how small, in order to achieve our goal. This means taking every opportunity to move our government in that direction. A protest vote that will be thrown in the trash hardly moves us toward this goal. In many states, if a write in vote is discarded, the whole ballot is discarded. This moves us backwards.

What to do?:

Stay politically active, and start preparing for the next election as soon as you cast your vote.

Take every opportunity to support Ron Paul Republicans.

Continue to spread the message of liberty.

At this time I feel that Bob Barr is our best hope at blocking unconstitutional legislation put forth by Congress. Unless a more powerful candidate, with a better platform comes along, I will be voting for Barr.The current two party system has a stranglehold on our rights. We must use every opportunity to change these parties from within, and expel any candidates that have demonstrated that they will not uphold their oath to defend our Constitution.

yongrel
08-02-2008, 03:01 AM
Well, do what you want, but I am writing in Ron Paul. That's that.

jcarcinogen
08-02-2008, 04:27 AM
Yeah, I'm glad you like Barr but I haven't made up my mind yet. Its my vote and and I may very well write in Paul.