PDA

View Full Version : Are you serious about getting BJ Lawson into Congress? Let's do this.

aspiringconstitutionalist
08-01-2008, 10:41 PM
Head on over to http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=148849 to help strategize for the BIG moneybomb. A 7 digit sum. Let's do this.

Jeremy
08-01-2008, 10:44 PM
I don't see how your bullet statements will make the outcome of a moneybomb any better.

But just so you know, I was one of the planners in the last one and we have been mentioning another one... no planning has started yet though.

08-01-2008, 10:53 PM
I don't see how your bullet statements will make the outcome of a moneybomb any better.

But just so you know, I was one of the planners in the last one and we have been mentioning another one... no planning has started yet though.

You don't see how giving a moneybomb sufficient leadtime, tying it to a momentous historical day, promoting it with moving Youtube videos, making sure it's something everyone can get behind, and utilizing social networking sites to the max to promote it will make the outcome of a moneybomb any better? Where were you in the runup to November 5th and the Boston Tea Party? (EDIT: I see you didn't come to the forums until sometime in December of 2007. For those of us who were here in the runups to the two big moneybombs, I think most of us would agree these things characterized why they were so successful.)

Jeremy
08-01-2008, 10:58 PM
You don't see how giving a moneybomb sufficient leadtime, tying it to a momentous historical day, promoting it with moving Youtube videos, making sure it's something everyone can get behind, and utilizing social networking sites to the max to promote it will make the outcome of a moneybomb any better? Where were you in the runup to November 5th and the Boston Tea Party? (EDIT: I see you didn't come to the forums until sometime in December of 2007. For those of us who were here in the runups to the two big moneybombs, I think most of us would agree these things characterized why they were so successful.)

The thing is that we had pretty much all of that for the one we did for Lawson. With the exception being time maybe. But his was still a good size moneybomb for someone that's not Ron Paul. Lyman did one for Sabrin and Forsythe a long time ago... not much more.

But we had a good video (made by me)... got only about 1k views. Go to the You Tube Channel called LightOfLiberty, it's one of the ones there... it was a well made video.

We got the word out at a lot of places. A lot of people were getting links everywhere. It was even on the CFL blog for a while. The problem with Facebook/Myspace is we don't have control over something like the huge RP account.

In the end we got less than 20k. A million? That's a huge leap... an impossible leap. The issue is the people... and that it's not Ron Paul. Well we are going to try something slightly different if we're doing a next one... I have so many things to do though, I can't start a moneybomb right now.

08-01-2008, 11:11 PM
The thing is that we had pretty much all of that for the one we did for Lawson. With the exception being time maybe. But his was still a good size moneybomb for someone that's not Ron Paul. Lyman did one for Sabrin and Forsythe a long time ago... not much more.

I think time is one of the biggest factors. I remember that both 11-5 and 12-16, the most successful bombs, had weeks and weeks of leadtime. The less successful bombs were planned 2 or maybe 3 weeks in advance, some with even less leadtime. We all realize that these campaigns need the money ASAP, but for a moneybomb to be really successful, I think experience has shown that it needs a healthy amount of planning time. In order to maximize the success of a moneybomb, sometimes it needs to be put farther in the future. I suggested Constitution Day (September 17th) for the next Lawson moneybomb--it's a possibility, if other people like it.

But we had a good video (made by me)... got only about 1k views. Go to the You Tube Channel called LightOfLiberty, it's one of the ones there... it was a well made video.

I saw that video. It was indeed very good, but the best moneybombs had several exhilerating Youtube promo vids floating around. Maybe Ghoeberx and/or Elib3rty could make a comeback and help us out with vids for a new Lawson moneybomb.

We got the word out at a lot of places. A lot of people were getting links everywhere. It was even on the CFL blog for a while. The problem with Facebook/Myspace is we don't have control over something like the huge RP account.

Understandable. For the next bomb, we should probably get in touch with the CFL blog folks and the owners of the huge RP accounts on Facebook/Myspace and make absolutely sure they give this bomb lots of exposure.

In the end we got less than 20k. A million? That's a huge leap... an impossible leap.

Aim for the stars to land in the treetops. Remember how the two big moneybombs stated the goal of 100,000 members donating $100 each, for a total of $10,000,000? Putting out a clearly overstated goal seems not to discourage people, but to challenge people to aim higher than they normally would have. Perhaps making the stated goal of a moneybomb 7 digits will net us a hundred or several hundred thousand dollars, which will still be really useful for the Lawson campaign.

Bryan
08-01-2008, 11:21 PM
Sorry I'm going to cross-post this here too...

September 17th is the day of the Liberty Straw Poll, Congressional Match-up. For those not familiar, the way it works it we'll have 7 liberty candidates competing for your straw poll vote, available with a $10 donation to the American Liberty Coalition PAC. The straw poll winner(s) gets all the funding.
See: www.LibertyStrawPoll.com for details and ticket purchases (just went on sale).

Don't mean to hijack the thread, just an FYI...

Bryan
08-01-2008, 11:24 PM
I think time is one of the biggest factors. I remember that both 11-5 and 12-16, the most successful bombs, had weeks and weeks of leadtime.

BTW- thisnovember5th.com was regisered on 2007-10-17, there really wasn't much leadtime- but it did seem like that then, every day was like a week!

idiom
08-02-2008, 05:02 AM
Oh and there were graphs!!

and a lot of people made videos, and posted stuff all over the show.

Jeremy
08-02-2008, 07:45 AM
I don't think if we had double the time it would make the amount much significantly bigger

I would like to do another Lawson moneybomb, but so far you haven't convinced me that a mil is possible =o

Verad
08-02-2008, 10:41 AM
May I humbly suggest a goal of 100,000 people donating $10 or more each, or a goal--possibly concurrent--of 10,000 people donating $100 or more? Either goal adds up to $100, but the first one would make the money bomb seem so much more within people's reaches, especially during the slowdown in the economy.

Jeremy
08-02-2008, 11:49 AM
May I humbly suggest a goal of 100,000 people donating $10 or more each, or a goal--possibly concurrent--of 10,000 people donating $100 or more? Either goal adds up to $100, but the first one would make the money bomb seem so much more within people's reaches, especially during the slowdown in the economy.

there werent even 100k people for the big moneybombs o.0

08-03-2008, 04:17 PM
there werent even 100k people for the big moneybombs o.0

The point isn't actually hitting the goal. The point is setting a ridiculously high goal in order to push people to donate more than they normally would have.