PDA

View Full Version : Strategic strategery and total confusion

Oyate
08-01-2008, 09:00 PM
The campaign did what it did on it's own recog, but it didn't move fast enough for some of us who decided to do a march in DC, and shortly after, RP said he'd like to march on July 12th. Which instantly threw us into confusion as we tried to secure that date, which didn't work out, so we polled the community, came up with a date and prayed RP would be there, which he was.

Which hopefully clears up some confusion. It was not a "Ron Paul march", it was the R3VOlUTION March to which we were very fortunate to have had Dr. Paul as keynote speaker. But somebody got him to do an endorsement video and the faithful came.

Now I myself and many of the faithful are tapped out financially. Although our movement represents rich and poor alike, wells, a lot of us blew our wads on the DC march and now we're left basically praying for that miracle. That new client or account or the old one that pays, a hefty tip from a Dowager or uncle Jonias to finally pass away and leave us that chunk of change, anything to get there and answer the call.

Retrospect being 20-20, maybe we wouldn't have this if we'd known they'd that. If only we'd known the future we could have better sculpted the past. Maybe we'd have known that 40 is the new 30 and not only predicted water on Mars, but have been able to use it to our advantage right here, right now.

Alas, this movement is more like a Darwinian experiment in activist evolution. Our nature just tries different things and the most successful things win out in time.

Some of us don't have all that much time. Some of us have been waiting and working for this time all our lives. It's hard not to want to be everywhere and do everything.

I guess that's more a job for you younger patriots. But you see that movements and initiatives are very morphic, very fluid and dynamic things. They defy schedules and plans and flow charts. For anything more specific you need a club.

Never forget that. Fluid and dynamic. Make plans and strategy, but be ready to abandon them and start over on a daily basis.

Aratus
08-03-2008, 08:58 AM
Oyate, this tres cool posting most perceptive needs a 12 hr bump!!!