PDA

View Full Version : VP Ron Paul Poll

Michael Landon
08-01-2008, 08:11 PM
Hypothetically speaking, let's assume that each of these 5 party's wanted Ron Paul as their Vice President, which of the following Presidential Tickets would you vote for if they were available?

Baldwin/Paul (Constitution Party)
Barr/Paul (Libertarian Party)
McCain/Paul (Republican Party)
Nader/Paul (Independence Party)
Obama/Paul (Democrat Party)

Happy voting. :)

- ML

muzzled dogg
08-01-2008, 08:12 PM
obviously the big two are the only ones that would have a chance

so yeah

obama

cause i think he'll win it AND get popped

Joseph Hart
08-01-2008, 08:18 PM
none.

Ron Paul for President! Write him in, no excuses! No write in i your state? Sharpie him on that POS Diebold.

aspiringconstitutionalist
08-01-2008, 08:22 PM
A VP Paul is useless under a McCain, Obama, or Nader presidency. They're all statists, and Ron would only exercise his constitutional powers as Vice President (i.e. doing virtually nothing). He'd be much more useful in the House.

In fact, if Ron Paul suddenly became so popular that every party's nominee wanted him as their VP, he should decline the VP post and use that leverage to become House Minority Leader, or elected to the Senate, where he could become Senate Minority Leader.

RonPaulFanInGA
08-01-2008, 08:27 PM
Paul as President of the U.S. Senate is only beaten by the thought of him as Commander-in-Chief.

I wish Paul had ran as Barr's VP. He wouldn't have to do anything and there would be money, excitement and a chance for 5% of the vote in November for the Libertarian Party.

Barr-Root...nothing against Barr at all but: Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Kludge
08-01-2008, 08:31 PM
NotA

aspiringconstitutionalist
08-01-2008, 08:35 PM
Paul as President of the U.S. Senate is only beaten by the thought of him as Commander-in-Chief.

President Pro Tempore of the Senate you mean? Now that would be awesome. Ron Paul third in line to be President. :D

I wish Paul had ran as Barr's VP. He wouldn't have to do anything and there would be money, excitement and a chance for 5% of the vote in November for the Libertarian Party.

Well, Ron's good friend Chuck Baldwin is running on the Constitution ticket, so it probably wouldn't have been that easy to run as Barr's VP :P

RonPaulFanInGA
08-01-2008, 08:41 PM
President Pro Tempore of the Senate you mean? Now that would be awesome. Ron Paul third in line to be President. :D

I mean Vice President. Isn't the Vice President of the United States also the President of the U.S. Senate?

Alawn
08-01-2008, 11:42 PM
Getting the tie breaking vote in the Senate doesn't really mean much

Conza88
08-01-2008, 11:46 PM
none.

Michael Landon
08-02-2008, 09:58 AM
Bump.

- ML

Michael Landon
08-03-2008, 08:20 PM
Bump, pt. 2.

- ML

Knightskye
08-03-2008, 08:22 PM
Fix the poll:

Nader's running as an Independent.

I'm pretty sure the "American Independence Party" or something like that is a wing of the Constitution Party, or another party altogether. Chuck Baldwin will be on the ballot as that. Good luck with that, Chuck. :rolleyes: