PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Morning News Article Inaccuracies- Ron Paul

prshaw160
05-27-2007, 12:55 PM
SEE http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/washington/stories/052507dnnatronpaul.380a1c8.html

On the paper copy, May 25, morning edition, page 12 in a side bar box not available online it has a list of Ron Paul's stand on various issues. Some were inaccurate and designed to send fear into millions of Americans regarding Social Security and medicare benefits. The text in the side bar said "Scrap the CIA, the Federal reserve, the Education Department, Social Security and Medicare., Other comments - he would end the Federal War on Drugs which he deems wasteful and ineffective, relax Drug laws, Reduce the scope and role of federal government. I believe some of these comments need to be corrected and that Dallas Morning News adhere to fair and truthful reporting.

I would demand a correction from the Dallas Morning news.

Brandybuck
05-27-2007, 01:04 PM
But what's inaccurate about any of those? I don't see the problem. Are you not aware that those are among Ron Paul's stands?

By "scrap", that sidebar may be a bit hyperbolic. But he definitely wants to get rid of those departments and agencies. Not over night perhaps, but he does want to eliminate them.

prshaw160
05-27-2007, 01:07 PM
He has discussed privatizing SS, increasing contributions and lowering SS taxes but not eliminating SS altogether. And to redirect the Medicare.

Brandybuck
05-27-2007, 02:07 PM
Ah, okay. I thought you were talking about the whole sidebar. I sort of skipped over the SS part. Yes, that is scaremongering.