PDA

View Full Version : Republican Revolt on House floor!!!!!!

Sandra
08-01-2008, 11:50 AM
http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Urging_drilling_House_GOP_members_refuse_0801.html

http://qik.com/video/147257

Culbertson's live blog:
http://twitter.com/johnculberson

newyearsrevolution08
08-01-2008, 11:52 AM
I wish they would stop focusing on the gas prices. They are side tracking the entire American people into thinking that DRILLING is our problem and NOT what is really going on.

Hook
Line
Sinker

sad.

bucfish
08-01-2008, 11:55 AM
Political Grandstanding WOOHOO! After their Housing Bill last week would take a lot of drilling!

Sandra
08-01-2008, 11:56 AM
Pelosi did not allow a vote before recessing.

ItsTime
08-01-2008, 11:57 AM
Whos revolting over FISA???? Cowards all of them

acptulsa
08-01-2008, 11:59 AM
Whos revolting over FISA???? ...all of them

There, now it's right. They're all revolting--and disgusting, too. Well, they may be staging this "rebellion" for the wrong cause, but it's still fun to see the Demopublicans being as stuck and useless as the Republicrats. Pelosi go home!

Johnnybags
08-01-2008, 12:00 PM
they help devalue our currency 30 percent in a few years and wonder why costs are up. These 22 must be the simple simons of the party, my guess. But John Q will think they are working hard for them. Then, they'll vote to raise the debt ceiling and let Uncle Ben and Hank print more useless notes.

Sandra
08-01-2008, 12:00 PM
A vote was scheduled this afternoon over drilling in the US. Pelosi then decided to adjourn EARLY and skip the vote. Now she's changing the rules on how the House is run!

ItsTime
08-01-2008, 12:01 PM
they help devalue our currency 30 percent in a few years and wonder why costs are up. These 22 must be the simple simons of the party, my guess. But John Q will think they are working hard for them. Then, they'll vote to raise the debt ceiling and let Uncle Ben and Hank print more useless notes.

It is our duty to educate John Q.

JosephTheLibertarian
08-01-2008, 12:04 PM

No, you can't educate everyone.

Jeremy
08-01-2008, 12:05 PM
Pelosi is an idiot. We need to find someone to run against her in 2010.

acptulsa
08-01-2008, 12:06 PM

It is our duty to educate John Q. If we don't try, imo we share a bit of their culpability. Evil thrives when good people do nothing.

bucfish
08-01-2008, 12:07 PM

I think Sheehan is running against her in the primary.

Bruno
08-01-2008, 12:08 PM

Agreed. Isn't it funny how absolute power corrupts absolutely? Wouldn't you think that a majority of her constituents would want to advance Kucinich's articles of impeachment and let Bush impeachment hearings to proceed, but yet she fails to do so.

Sandra
08-01-2008, 12:09 PM
Pelosi is way to "Bush league" for me!

newyearsrevolution08
08-01-2008, 12:15 PM
That is as simple as parents actually educating their kids, these IDIOTS who are running our countries are INSANE and I blame their damn parents more than themselves. Who raises a kid like bush? pelosi? mccain? The devil is all I can think of.

Education happens at home BUT most if not all parents apparently have dropped the ball.

RonPaulFanInGA
08-01-2008, 12:38 PM
I think Sheehan is running against her in the primary.

How can that be? Cindy Sheehan is running as an independent.

acptulsa
08-01-2008, 12:40 PM
How can that be? Cindy Sheehan is running as an independent.

The state lacks sore loser laws?

MGreen
08-01-2008, 12:51 PM
environmentalists argue that opening US coasts to oil exploration will not reduce gas prices.
Though I agree with the sentiment of this thread, it's pretty funny that we're supposed to be swayed by an environmentalist's economic opinion.

Feenix566
08-01-2008, 12:56 PM
No, you can't educate everyone.

The hell you can't! Everyone knows what "offshore drilling" means. How do you think they got educated on that? Simple, because the mainstream media repeated it a hundred times. Educating everyone is a simple task, once you've got the communication infrastructure in place.

georgiaboy
08-01-2008, 12:59 PM
well, whaddaya know, looks like a couple of my state's guys are there, Price & Westmoreland. Both of these guys are conservative leaning, though they've been lured into the neo-con trap like so many who started out promising. I'm glad they're trying to take a stand for something, but I do fear it's more of a way to save their jobs come November than anything. Also, admittedly not having studied the issue, I feel like this more drilling mantra is just more incrementalism and government involvement, where these guys should be opening up the free market floodgates, removing regulations everywhere, to allow for our citizens' ingenuity and investment to flourish.

georgiaboy
08-01-2008, 01:00 PM
the hell you can't! Everyone knows what "offshore drilling" means. How do you think they got educated on that? Simple, because the mainstream media repeated it a hundred times. Educating everyone is a simple task, once you've got the communication infrastructure in place.

qft.

frasu
08-01-2008, 01:13 PM
They left the House floor... already? feisty congressmen lol

speciallyblend
08-01-2008, 01:56 PM
to be honest ,there is no need to drill for oil anywhere,since a majority of them already have drilling rights in the gulf ,where there is plenty of oil, they just do not want to drill, they can drill for oil now and i hope no one believes they really need to drill everywhere else,when the oil comapnies know there is plenty in the gulf to drill for !!!! just an excuse to open more areas up when they will not even invest in whats already open to drill, dont believe the bs.....

speciallyblend
08-01-2008, 01:57 PM
well, whaddaya know, looks like a couple of my state's guys are there, Price & Westmoreland. Both of these guys are conservative leaning, though they've been lured into the neo-con trap like so many who started out promising. I'm glad they're trying to take a stand for something, but I do fear it's more of a way to save their jobs come November than anything. Also, admittedly not having studied the issue, I feel like this more drilling mantra is just more incrementalism and government involvement, where these guys should be opening up the free market floodgates, removing regulations everywhere, to allow for our citizens' ingenuity and investment to flourish.

this is all BS politics, they have huge areas already approved with known oil reserves sitting there,they choose not to!!!!!

frasu
08-01-2008, 02:43 PM
updates:

article on politico http://www.politico.com/blogs/thecrypt/0808/House_Dems_turn_out_out_the_light_but_GOP_keep_tal king.html?showall
press conference streamed
http://qik.com/video/147408

SLSteven
08-01-2008, 03:31 PM
“Madame Speaker, Where art thou?’’ Rep. Ted Poe , R-Texas, shouted from the well of the House, according to CQ. “This room is vacant of most members of Congress. Where, oh where, has Congress gone?”

The GOP "leaders" may need to start getting used to those feelings of loneliness.

V4Vendetta
08-01-2008, 03:55 PM
Ron Paul supports Nick Lampsons Plan for more domestic drilling.

This is unbelievable, Drill Here, DRILL NOW DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!

And put our dollar back on the Gold Standard, that will drop prices almost overnight!

LibertyEagle
08-01-2008, 03:59 PM
They're just grandstanding.

Now, if they'd do this over some other things like stopping spending, stopping the FISA bill, or defunding more war, I might start paying attention.

LibertyEagle
08-01-2008, 04:03 PM
to be honest ,there is no need to drill for oil anywhere,since a majority of them already have drilling rights in the gulf ,where there is plenty of oil, they just do not want to drill, they can drill for oil now and i hope no one believes they really need to drill everywhere else,when the oil comapnies know there is plenty in the gulf to drill for !!!! just an excuse to open more areas up when they will not even invest in whats already open to drill, dont believe the bs.....

Not from what I've been told, Kenny. There is no reasonable rationale for not opening up that small area in Anwar for drilling. The oil companies are not the evil ones here. The politicians are just trying to point us in that direction, so we'll focus our anger on them, instead of where it belongs... with the politicians themselves.

szczebrzeszyn
08-01-2008, 04:09 PM
they help devalue our currency 30 percent in a few years and wonder why costs are up.

My country currency is up 26% to the dollar in the last 12 months. ~50% in the last 5 years. My relatives from US have a real headache this year, while taking a holidays in Europe.

Carole
08-01-2008, 04:10 PM
Well, since they do not mind abandoning the Constitution anyway, why not just skip the vote entirely and somebody tell oil companies to just drill everywhere and forget about a useless impotent Congress. :D

Frankly, I do not see how the government has constitutional authority over a business drilling anyway. Go for oil guys. :)

(My anarchical mood du jour) :D

tonesforjonesbones
08-01-2008, 04:19 PM
I am FOR using our own resources! HOW DUMB.. stupid liberal loon argument "it won't do any good now if they start drilling..it will make no difference" We should have been drilling HERE 30 YEARS ago and we woudln't be in this mess. DRILL NOW SAVE OUR CHILDREN AND GRANDCHILDREN LATER! TONES

Alex Libman
08-01-2008, 04:35 PM
So which participant should get the Tony Award for political improv? ;)

Don't be fooled...

torchbearer
08-01-2008, 04:36 PM
Too bad they weren't asking for the removal of the fed reserve act.

reduen
08-01-2008, 04:41 PM
They are all just trying to keep from getting lynched when they return home now... lol

westmich4paul
08-01-2008, 04:43 PM
Drilling will only do one of two things. 1. it will get us to forget we need to find alternative fuel sources other than oil. 2. we are not even using the reserves we have now and the administration refuses to open them up but we should let them open up the floodgates to more drilling?

All I know is if we are so hell bent on drilling all over dodge then open up the resefves we have to give us some immediate relief. Or will it just prove true that even by opening up are reserves and drilling more we still will not see much of a difference at the pumps anyways.

HenryKnoxFineBooks
08-01-2008, 07:03 PM
Open up and expand drilling. The market will figure out alternative fuels on its own. Don't let the government decide which alternative is to be pursued, like they did with ethanol.

LibertyEagle
08-01-2008, 07:09 PM
I am FOR using our own resources! HOW DUMB.. stupid liberal loon argument "it won't do any good now if they start drilling..it will make no difference" We should have been drilling HERE 30 YEARS ago and we woudln't be in this mess. DRILL NOW SAVE OUR CHILDREN AND GRANDCHILDREN LATER! TONES

:D

pauletteNV
08-01-2008, 07:31 PM
When I first heard about Pelosi illegally recessing, "everyone go home," lights off, rather reminded me of what the NV GOP did at the Convention here.... Maybe it's in the air.

torchbearer
08-02-2008, 08:20 PM
do we know if ron paul was there?

jcarcinogen
08-02-2008, 08:32 PM
This is one thing I agree with Obama on that it won't make a difference for years and is just a stunt... but the Federal government should not be 'the decider'. Knee-jerk reactions by the people that are supposedly representing us... stop trying to cure the symptoms and cure the disease. Obama is just as bad with his false Robin Hood like windfall profit tax lies.

This stunt is so transpearent and people act like they are genuine. It would be different if the Republicans were indeed sincere but they are reading polls brought to you by corporate media.

Wow. What would 'the Austrians' say?

EDIT: Oh yeah, Hayek explained it well in The Road to Serfdom to the British. Genius.

Menthol Patch
08-03-2008, 06:57 AM
The fact of the matter is that if they brought our troops home from the Middle East oil prices would go down at LEAST another $20 dollars a barrel.

scandinaviany3
08-03-2008, 10:38 AM
are they already using all drilled wells to dry..or do they just want to save them for when the prices go even higher

There are a lot of mad texans that are furious about drilling in there backyards all of a sudden.

driller80545
08-03-2008, 11:16 AM
This whole issue is bullshit. Rig utilization is at 100% in this country already. The drilling business has never been better.

torchbearer
08-03-2008, 11:23 AM
This whole issue is bullshit. Rig utilization is at 100% in this country already. The drilling business has never been better.

The drilling companies in louisiana are having a hard time getting more people because so many are failing their drug test due to marijuana usage.
My father and I were having this discussion the other day.
Oil prices are ripe to develop all kinds of wells, they lack equipment, but more so, they lack enough bodies to work the rigs.

driller80545
08-03-2008, 11:27 AM
The drilling companies in louisiana are having a hard time getting more people because so many are failing their drug test due to marijuana usage.
My father and I were having this discussion the other day.
Oil prices are ripe to develop all kinds of wells, they lack equipment, but more so, they lack enough bodies to work the rigs.

This has been the case since the introduction of drug testing. Oil patch isn't as much fun as it used to be.
As far as lacking equipment, guess where most of the new equipment (both drilling and production) is coming from. You guessed it, China. Cheap crap too

JosephTheLibertarian
08-03-2008, 12:06 PM
http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Urging_drilling_House_GOP_members_refuse_0801.html

http://qik.com/video/147257

Culbertson's live blog:
http://twitter.com/johnculberson

Let them eat cake! Pelosi and Reid treat Americans like Marie Antoinette and Louis XVI treated the French. Perhaps it's time for another American Revolution, and for Americans to treat Pelosi and Reid, like the French treated Marie Antoinette and Louis XVI, figuratively speaking of course. Their brainless heads are already missing.

Sandra, seeing your pretty face everyday makes me happy. :cool:

Cap'n Jack
08-03-2008, 04:52 PM
we are not even using the reserves we have now and the administration refuses to open them up but we should let them open up the floodgates to more drilling?

All I know is if we are so hell bent on drilling all over dodge then open up the resefves we have to give us some immediate relief.

The Strategic Petroleum Reserve holds 727 million barrels of oil. It's there in case of supply interruption.

The U.S. consumes 20.7 million barrels (http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/dnav/pet/pet_cons_psup_dc_nus_mbblpd_a.htm) of oil a day, 10 million barrels (http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/dnav/pet/pet_move_imp_dc_NUS-Z00_mbblpd_a.htm) of which is imported.

Tapping the SPR might provide some temporary relief, but once it's gone, it's gone.

The_Orlonater
08-03-2008, 07:35 PM
Why is the government even involved in this? The people and market can decide what we should use as energy. I do support drilling in our own nation, if things went our way oil would drop. Who knows, maybe we can use oil ,or maybe we can't. Either way the mainstream media and congress are using this "drilling problem," to seem like the real problem. It's a mirage.

westmich4paul
08-05-2008, 12:46 AM
We have wells here in Michigan they are tapping allready and guess whose getting Michigan's oil? Canada!

They are not stockpiling all oil produced here so the whole myth of lets dril more is just complete B.S.

IF IT WAS SOO IMPORTANT WE WOULDN'T BE SELLING OIL FOUND HERE TO OTHER COUNTRIES!