PDA

View Full Version : Obama's Cash Recycling Program

Feenix566
08-01-2008, 11:02 AM
Obama backs tax rebates to help pay energy costs
Fri Aug 1, 2008

ST. PETERSBURG, Florida (Reuters) - U.S. Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama proposed a package of measures on Friday to help workers fight rising energy costs, including an immediate $1,000 tax rebate for low- and middle-income families.

Obama, trying to shift the focus of his campaign debate with Republican rival John McCain back to the economy, said he would pay for the $65 billion tax package with a 5-year windfall profits tax on oil companies.

The Illinois senator also revamped his proposal for a $50 billion economic stimulus plan to include $25 billion to replenish the highway trust fund and pay for infrastructure improvements that he said could save up to 1 million endangered jobs.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/usPoliticsNews/idUKN0144970820080801

Obama's plan:

1. Take money from oil companies, forcing them to raise gas prices to compensate
2. Give said money to people so they can use it to pay for gas
3. Take money from American taxpayers' paychecks
4. Use said money to provide paychecks to Americans who work for the department of transportation

Makes sense, right? Obama takes your money and gives it back to you, and you're supposed to thank him for it!

torchbearer
08-01-2008, 11:04 AM
I waiting for him to use his own money to save the needy.

acptulsa
08-01-2008, 11:05 AM
Makes sense, right? Obama takes your money and gives it back to you, and you're supposed to thank him for it!

Sure! And I would, too--if he and his cronies weren't dead set on slicing off such a large "piece of the action".

Every time money moves from person to person, governments rub their greedy hands together.

KenInMontiMN
08-04-2008, 11:55 PM
I'm all for skimming the profits of Exxon, but I wouldn't stop at Exxon and I wouldn't call it a tax. I'd simply present each and every CFR member, individuals and corporations, with the complete and total bill for all of their planned international escapades they've been foisting off on the American taxpayer lately. No more unless and until they pay the bill completely and hire their own mercenaries, in Blackwater uniform or whatever. If they want to rent some of our military equipment as well fine- but they aren't going to like the fee.