PDA

View Full Version : The pre-movie ad idea

BillyDkid
08-30-2007, 08:42 AM
I mentioned this before, but I wonder what others think about this idea of buying some of that ad time when they show all those ads in the movie theatre. I am thinking something like that new video by that Dragon guy or something very much like it would be great for this. An on the big screen it would be very powerful. It seems like a captive audience and I have never seen political ads at them movies. It seems like an untapped opportunity.

transistor
08-30-2007, 08:52 AM
I'm pretty sure that movie theaters don't allow political ads

ronpaulyourmom
08-30-2007, 08:53 AM
I think this is a great idea in so far as it provides an opportunity to get slightly more in-depth because you have something closer to a full minute of screen time. It's also good in so far as people go to movies in small groups and they often discuss trailers and such after the movie.

This is probably a good way to target older people. They like going to movies during the day when rates are probably lower, and they also tend to show up early and would therefore see the ad.

Anyknow have info on how much this costs, and/or if movie theaters allow it? I would imagine that every theater chain has different policies on the matter.

mconder
08-30-2007, 09:12 AM
I'm pretty sure that movie theaters don't allow political ads

Doesn't hurt to call and ask.