PDA

View Full Version : Cheney proposed sacrificing US lives for IRAN WAR provocation...

rpfan2008
08-01-2008, 02:54 AM
EXCLUSIVE: To Provoke War, Cheney Considered Proposal To Dress Up Navy Seals As Iranians And Shoot At Them (http://thinkprogress.org/2008/07/31/cheney-proposal-for-iran-war/)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=slgBrbNXrbs

Hersh argued that one of the things the Bush administration learned during the encounter in the Strait of Hormuz was that, “if you get the right incident, the American public will support” it.

revolutionary8
08-01-2008, 03:17 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=148662
^^^
Maybe some would prefer to Go there rather than think progress in the first link of OP- it is a very informative thread.

Cheney Considers False Flag Operation To Start War with Iran

Speaking at the Campus Progress journalism conference earlier this month, Seymour Hersh — a Pulitzer-Prize winning journalist for The New Yorker — revealed that Bush administration officials held a meeting recently in the Vice President’s office to discuss ways to provoke a war with Iran.

In Hersh’s most recent article, he reports that this meeting occurred in the wake of the overblown incident in the Strait of Hormuz, when a U.S. carrier almost shot at a few small Iranian speedboats. The “meeting took place in the Vice-President’s office. ‘The subject was how to create a casus belli between Tehran and Washington,’” according to one of Hersh’s sources.

During the journalism conference event, I asked Hersh specifically about this meeting and if he could elaborate on what occurred. Hersh explained that, during the meeting in Cheney’s office, an idea was considered to dress up Navy Seals as Iranians, put them on fake Iranian speedboats, and shoot at them. This idea, intended to provoke an Iran war, was ultimately rejected:

HERSH: There was a dozen ideas proffered about how to trigger a war. The one that interested me the most was why don’t we build — we in our shipyard — build four or five boats that look like Iranian PT boats. Put Navy seals on them with a lot of arms. And next time one of our boats goes to the Straits of Hormuz, start a shoot-up.

Might cost some lives. And it was rejected because you can’t have Americans killing Americans. That’s the kind of — that’s the level of stuff we’re talking about. Provocation. But that was rejected.
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a2a_1217552610

rpfan2008
08-01-2008, 03:41 AM
^^ indeed

thanks for that link.

I just loved this sentence,

His country has not always thanked him for it - neocon Pentagon adviser Richard Perle has called Hersh "the closest thing we have to a terrorist," while his 1998 book on John F. Kennedy's administration, "The Dark Side of Camelot," cost him many friends on the left.

Sematary
08-01-2008, 06:22 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=148662
^^^
Maybe some would prefer to Go there rather than think progress in the first link of OP- it is a very informative thread.

Cheney Considers False Flag Operation To Start War with Iran

Speaking at the Campus Progress journalism conference earlier this month, Seymour Hersh — a Pulitzer-Prize winning journalist for The New Yorker — revealed that Bush administration officials held a meeting recently in the Vice President’s office to discuss ways to provoke a war with Iran.

In Hersh’s most recent article, he reports that this meeting occurred in the wake of the overblown incident in the Strait of Hormuz, when a U.S. carrier almost shot at a few small Iranian speedboats. The “meeting took place in the Vice-President’s office. ‘The subject was how to create a casus belli between Tehran and Washington,’” according to one of Hersh’s sources.

During the journalism conference event, I asked Hersh specifically about this meeting and if he could elaborate on what occurred. Hersh explained that, during the meeting in Cheney’s office, an idea was considered to dress up Navy Seals as Iranians, put them on fake Iranian speedboats, and shoot at them. This idea, intended to provoke an Iran war, was ultimately rejected:

HERSH: There was a dozen ideas proffered about how to trigger a war. The one that interested me the most was why don’t we build — we in our shipyard — build four or five boats that look like Iranian PT boats. Put Navy seals on them with a lot of arms. And next time one of our boats goes to the Straits of Hormuz, start a shoot-up.

Might cost some lives. And it was rejected because you can’t have Americans killing Americans. That’s the kind of — that’s the level of stuff we’re talking about. Provocation. But that was rejected.
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a2a_1217552610

The fact that they considered and are considering, such options, does not surprise me but the fact that they were unwilling to do it because we couldn't have Americans killing Americans makes me feel more certain than ever that our government was not behind 9/11. If they couldn't do this, 9/11 would have been impossible for them. I do believe they are covering somebody's ass as far as that goes. who's? Good question.

The One
08-01-2008, 07:08 AM
How does Seymour Hersh know this? Was he there? He just reports it as fact but never bothers to mention who/what the source of the information is.

ItsTime
08-01-2008, 07:18 AM
If this is true, it is treason. To conspire against our armed forces is treason.

acptulsa
08-01-2008, 07:25 AM
If this is true, it is treason. To conspire against our armed forces is treason.

If there is proof this is true, there will be indictments in January. If there is proof but no indictment, there will be unrest.

sean43
08-01-2008, 07:25 AM
I like how the number of views has stayed at 13,147 for over 20 minutes.

rpfan2008
08-01-2008, 07:42 AM
The fact that they considered and are considering, such options, does not surprise me but the fact that they were unwilling to do it because we couldn't have Americans killing Americans makes me feel more certain than ever that our government was not behind 9/11. If they couldn't do this, 9/11 would have been impossible for them. I do believe they are covering somebody's ass as far as that goes. who's? Good question.
http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/IMAGES/israelis_fox.jpg (http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/spyring.html)

Aratus
08-01-2008, 09:17 AM
way back between bay of pigs and crisis most cuban missle, there was a joint chiefs idea where
a "remember the maine" incident was to be artificially constructed by us... on fidel's gov't...
monsieur bamford has a very good book about the n.s.a that has several footnotes in it...

cheney has no originality and he ain't bill mckinley. mckinley figured out the queen of spain in 1898
was not being a contrivance. indeedy we may have gone to war against spain because either
a northern or southern civil war era mine detonated after floating about the atlantic ocean...

Aratus
08-01-2008, 09:20 AM
the 1962 provocation idea is somewhere inside this magnus opus
http://www.randomhouse.com/features/bamford/home.html thusly...

acptulsa
08-01-2008, 09:24 AM
Why worry about the proposed but abortive FFO when we can point to the Gulf of Tonkin incident? And as for the U.S.S. Maine, the current concensus is spontaneous combustion in a coal bunker setting powder off.

Aratus
08-01-2008, 09:38 AM
i rather liked the idea that it was an ANCIENT yet hermetically sealed civil war era blockade aspected mine... the ship was
top of the line. even though my great uncle did earlier die of food poisoning on that good shippe, his mates died in that there harbor. president mckinley was reluctant to think the boiler room guys were that feckless. i know there was one beaut of an inquiry...then.

acptulsa
08-01-2008, 09:56 AM
The Maine was a third class battleship--sort of a slow protected cruiser. Not top of the line by the standards of the day.

Aratus
08-01-2008, 09:58 AM
it had a renovation, and was part of the revitalizing of the fleet... people did ask questions...

Aratus
08-01-2008, 10:04 AM
i've heard speculations that w.r hearst had bright ideas, some blame him totally.
others think our navy was a joke prior to TR. --- people thought the spanish gov't
to be guilty. i think mckinley realized it wasn't the spanish crown and a dirty deed, and
he tried to slow down the jingoistic momentum for a war. this is a reluctant yet formerly
hawkish potus askin' for more April time. i admit the British always in the 1800s had the much
better navy, yet don't count us out. its like now many of our military people hope they
is up to smedley butler's high marine standard. we think we are more sophisticated...

Aratus
08-01-2008, 10:07 AM
it bumped into something in that harbor. there was an external waterspout
and then an internal rocking explosion inside the ship. i think i have this correct.
IF the spanish gov't didn't get a heck of alot of explosives together, someone once did.
the big question is WHEN!!! some books go into the factoids in the index area. i also
was tending to rule out the proverbial bomb throwing anarchists... the ship hit something.

freelance
08-01-2008, 10:16 AM
How does Seymour Hersh know this? Was he there? He just reports it as fact but never bothers to mention who/what the source of the information is.

How does Sy Hersh know EVERYTHING dating back to the Viet Nam era? He's the very definition of an investigative reporter. I supposed you can't be blamed for not knowing such a thing. We don't have investigative reporters today, nor have we for decades.

Imperial
08-01-2008, 11:49 AM
There is a simple reason no sources are ever brought from Hersch. When you get into the highest-level intel, anonymity is probably key.

People tend to lose jobs if they admit flaws in their boss's plan.

It isn't a leap of faith. It has been shown we do not know the full extent of domestic spying in many questionings, particularly the ones brought before the Judiciary Committee. Too often, we get questions narrowed down to avoid giving answers, from Gonzales, Ashcroft, and others.

So, the first tactic is people shouldn't find out about the problem.

Then, if that fails, you must make it not seem as bad as it is. If the US didn't think they would be caught at provoking war, I bet they would've done it.

acptulsa
08-01-2008, 11:56 AM
Woodward and Bernstein sure spoke highly of Sy Hersch in All the President's Men. I wonder how many nefarious things he's spoiled that we just never heard about because he didn't nail it well enough to publish but the nefarioti (is that a word?) decided to back off because he was onto them. Why the hell doesn't Hersch run for president?!

The One
08-01-2008, 11:56 AM
How does Sy Hersh know EVERYTHING dating back to the Viet Nam era? He's the very definition of an investigative reporter. I supposed you can't be blamed for not knowing such a thing. We don't have investigative reporters today, nor have we for decades.

I suppose we should just take him at his word.:rolleyes:

Akus
08-01-2008, 12:27 PM
Dick Cheney is my personal hero and I'd love to be shot at on his orders any day.

acptulsa
08-01-2008, 12:32 PM
Dick Cheney is my personal hero and I'd love to be shot at on his orders any day.

Orders? Oh, he'd probably tend to that personally. What a great honor, eh? Whittington is such a lucky fellow.