PDA

View Full Version : Richmond/DC Ronvoy Route

Gin
07-31-2008, 09:08 PM
Richmond Ronvoy Route to the Rally for the Republic 8/31-9/2

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/unicornfan6/Ron%20Paul/highres_4983245.jpg

I've got some great rates for people looking to travel to Minneapolis for the Rally for the Republic via the Ronvoy.

The Richmond Route is passing through Washington DC on our way to Minneapolis, departing on 8/30 and returning on 9/4. Round trip cost including fuel is around $200 per person.

We will be stopping in the Columbus, OH area for overnight camping, so bring a tent/something to sleep on along with you.
Cost of this will be $10 pp

Rates are preliminary and could
change according the the amount of passengers that express interest in utilizing the Ronvoy. The more people that go, the lower the rates.

The plan is to have all Ronvoy routes and rates posted tomorrow at noon ...
so that people may begin to order their tickets on our Eventbrite Website.

The way the Ronvoy works is that each van must have a driver willing to place the van rental on his/her credit card, must be at least 25yo, and must have a Paypal account so that the Ronvoy may reimburse the driver prior to the trip, as well as to receive the money to pay for fuel along the route.

It is also possible for those who volunteer to do this to receive a discounted or even free Ronvoy ticket. Only one driver per van qualifies for this discount, although others in the van may volunteer to drive in order to reach destination sooner. The discount is for the person who places the van on their own personal credit card, which is of course paid to you prior to leaving on the departure date, and having a paypal account in order to receive funds. The driver will also be responsible for paying for the fuel along the way with funds provided.

So far, stop cities along this route include Alexandria,VA , Hagerstown, MD , Morgantown, WV , Pittsburg, PA , Columbus, OH and Indianapolis, IN. The plan is to leave Richmond Saturday morning at 8 am....arrive in Minneapolis late afternoon/early evening on Sunday.

Not all cities may have passengers so the van may not have to stop at all of them, and other cities along the route may be added depending on ticket purchases.

The drivers of the vans will be given all of the passengers personal info as well as the passengers given driver contact info. We found the last time that this works best for the passengers to contact eachother and possibly alter travel plans to suit them best.

The only things that can't be altered is the rental pickup/return rate or the route, as each one would effect the rate quoted and paid by passengers.

Stops along the way, stopping over night or driving straight through, those are decisions left up to the Ronvoy vans.

We are also working on lodging in Minneapolis, as those taking the Ronvoys will have to stay in designated hotels/areas for that particular Ronvoy. The rates will be either be figured into the total rate, or provided separately for those interested in the Ronvoy, so that they can decide if this is an option when they buy their ticket. More lodging info will be provided soon.

If anyone is interested in driving or riding on the Ronvoy, please contact me at lifelover68@yahoo.com or email me through our Meetup Site.
(Please put Ronvoy in the subject line )

Thank you,
Gin Sims,

Rally for the Republic
Travel Committee
Co-Organizer

For more travel info, visit:

Liberty4Us. org
http://ronpaul. meetup. com/1881/

I am also looking at a more southern route that will be posted shortly as well as an inter-city route.