PDA

View Full Version : "I'm gonna write-in Ron Paul"

Ian A.
07-31-2008, 07:59 PM
said my roommate. He just got done reading half of The Revolution: A Manifesto that I gave him. He's a former Navy Seal and is a bit conflicted on which third party to vote for! He thought Ron Paul would be a good write-in.

I said, "I wouldn't. Write-ins don't usually get counted."

"Yeah, but I'm just like, in shock (after reading the book)! I've never seen a politician like this before. He actually wants to make this country like the Republic was when the Founders were alive. This is nuts! I love it!"

So, give the book to others you know because it will make a difference!

muzzled dogg
07-31-2008, 08:09 PM
please dont do it

Sematary
07-31-2008, 08:19 PM
I'm planning on writing him in. Have been right along.

newyearsrevolution08
07-31-2008, 08:30 PM
do whatever the hell you want to do and let your buddy know to do the same. There are a TON of people in this forum and others that think we need to hold hands as we cross the finish line OR make sure to all jump on some other candidate as a whole..

Write him in IF it counts, hell do it if it doesn't just don't vote for mccain or obama and MAKE SURE (if wanted) that your vote counts AGAINST those two.

All I care to see is this

Mccain 20%
Obama 20%
Other 60%

If anything they will realize that they will have a WAR on the next election cycle.

Fuck the norm....
I don't bet on horses and won't fall for this b.s. two part system, or 3 party system for that matter.

Get it back to the republic and no I don't mean REPUBLICAN but the actual republic. We the people need to get back to the constitution and stop making the so called "democratic" decisions to overturn our constitution when it best suits our lazy selves.

Keep handing out those books, it is working locally and everyone who reads it or listens to the audio version always comes back to me with a "wow, I never knew ron paul believed like this, I just thought he was a crazy old man"... It still shocks me how many people STILL have no clue that ALL candidates besides Ron Paul are 100% against upholding the constitution and STILL don't give a shit.

We need to throw 95% of our politicians in jail THEN beat the poop out of all the idiots LIKE OURSELVES who allowed them INTO office in the first damn place.

Maximus
07-31-2008, 08:32 PM
Pass the book along, its a short read so many will give it a shot. And people love it!

slothman
07-31-2008, 08:44 PM
Didn't I haear that Ron doesn't want you to write your name in.
Plus I think you need to register your name as a possible write in for it to be counted.
I was going to but since I heard that maybe not.

newyearsrevolution08
07-31-2008, 08:49 PM
there are a ton of discussions about this in this forum. Some are just VERY serious about "ron paul or bust", so I just go with the "do what you want because so am I" as far as the voting goes.

All I hope is that IF you vote it COUNTS and goes AGAINST obama AND mccain.

Vote for anyone on the card other than those two and we will STILL be making our point.

I would love for someone CRAZY to jump on a 3rd party ticket like carrot top just so they know we WOULDN'T want this person as president BUT we would STILL vote for him OVER mccain and obama.

It could really make a point however the general public would odds are not even realize what is going on.

The damn talking box in their living room has them all crazy.

Didn't I haear that Ron doesn't want you to write your name in.
Plus I think you need to register your name as a possible write in for it to be counted.
I was going to but since I heard that maybe not.

RCA
07-31-2008, 08:55 PM
Post your story here!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=146199