PDA

View Full Version : ACTION: Anti-RNC Rally? Let the games begin.

PlzPeopleWakeUp
07-31-2008, 06:53 PM
nt

MRoCkEd
07-31-2008, 06:55 PM
Good luck but I don't think it's worth it - the article wasn't bad

muzzled dogg
07-31-2008, 06:57 PM
lmao this is gonna be good

PlzPeopleWakeUp
07-31-2008, 07:02 PM
nt

Danke
07-31-2008, 07:02 PM
I thought the Anti-RNC Rally was across the river at Harriet Island Park? Actually there will be many more too.

http://wcco.com/local/rowley.harriet.island.2.703909.html

http://www.tcdailyplanet.net/article/2008/06/25/rnc-protests-16-park-permits-issued-st-paul.html

PlzPeopleWakeUp
07-31-2008, 07:17 PM
nt

PlzPeopleWakeUp
07-31-2008, 07:51 PM
nt

muzzled dogg
07-31-2008, 08:11 PM
title still remains unchanged

PlzPeopleWakeUp
07-31-2008, 08:13 PM
nt

muzzled dogg
07-31-2008, 08:18 PM
yeah i did

this shit still reads anti-rnc

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=7108389&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

Ninja Homer
07-31-2008, 08:23 PM
Does the local fox web site actually get any traffic? I think what really matters is the report that plays on the nightly news.

Besides, calling it an "Anti-RNC Rally" isn't necessarily a bad thing in MN. There's lots of Democrats, Independents that like Ventura, and Republicans that don't like McCain.

PlzPeopleWakeUp
07-31-2008, 08:25 PM
nt

PlzPeopleWakeUp
07-31-2008, 08:29 PM
nt

Ninja Homer
07-31-2008, 08:47 PM
I found it on google news...

It matters.
You want to be grouped in with the protesters?
Use your head.

What's wrong with protesters? I'm sure many Ron Paul supporters WILL be protesting, when they're not at the Rally for the Republic, and that ain't a bad thing. Even before Ron Paul announced the Rally for the Republic, people here were planning to go to MN to protest.

muzzled dogg
07-31-2008, 08:48 PM
word

fuck the republican party

and i'm skippin out on rockie lynn to go see rage against the machine or any other revolutionary acts that may be playing across town in protest

Ninja Homer
07-31-2008, 08:57 PM
They just had a 30 second blip about it on the Twin Cities Fox nightly news. There was no "anti-rnc rally" mention. It wasn't negative or positive, just the facts about Ventura going to Ron Paul's rally that will be at the Target Center at the same time as the RNC.

PlzPeopleWakeUp
07-31-2008, 09:06 PM
nt

Ninja Homer
07-31-2008, 10:08 PM
I have nothing against the protesters. We are dealing with sheep and public opinion though. There is much anxiety of the metro area residents about every wack job in the country coming here to get on a soapbox and cause violence.

Let me put it this way... I listened to MPR this morning, the chief of St. Paul police was on, and he said that the Budget for the whole year was typically 40 million and they received an additional 40 million just for the 3 days of RNC.

I also know that each of the big wireless carriers have spent over 5 million just in the down town St. Paul area putting up temporary cell sites. I also know that the already had the existing capabilities x10 to handle all the traffic the people would of caused. It's for triangulation of spots that couldn't be triangulated before and so that they have more capabilities of surveillance.

In all honesty, the opinion that most regular people have around here is that they wish the RNC was not here because of the protesting. People are worried about riots and chaos. With the RNC, the police state rears it's ugly face in our beautiful state.

You bunch Ron Paul in with that, it's a public relations nightmare. Steer clear.

We should be the polar opposite of whats going on at the RNC. Positive, no doom & gloom.

Be the future, now.

I see your point.

I think the Rally for the Republic, at worst, will be seen as a peaceful protest across town.

A big story on the news tonight was that St. Paul cops are protesting around the Xcel Center until the RNC starts because they are underpaid. So pissed off, underpaid cops who will have to work overtime during the RNC will be on heavy watch with a new supply of tasers over the RNC protesters who are supposed to stay within a limited "protest zone". It doesn't sound like a good mix.

If anybody plans on protesting near the RNC, I'd recommend staying as far away from the anti-war and anarchist groups as possible.

On another note, I just saw this at the Twin Cities Fox site:
http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/myfox/pages/News/Politics/Detail?contentId=6847848&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.14.1

"MINNEAPOLIS—The Minneapolis Public Safety Committee will discuss Wednesday the possibility of adding new rules for officers during protests.

The new policies would prevent officers from using tactics like pepper spray and rubber bullets unless it is necessary.

They also would not be able to harass journalist or anyone with a camera, nor can they confiscate cameras or video recorders."

It's great that they're adding those policies... but shouldn't those always be their policies? I would have assumed that was already policy everywhere in the country.

steve005
07-31-2008, 10:17 PM
bump

Paul Revered
07-31-2008, 10:18 PM
yeah i did

this shit still reads anti-rnc

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=7108389&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

That's what it says for me too.

"Jesse Ventura to Speak at Ron Paul's Anti-RNC Rally"

PlzPeopleWakeUp
07-31-2008, 10:25 PM
nt

fr33domfightr
07-31-2008, 11:22 PM
I think I'd like to see a contrast on the news.

Over at the RNC there might be big protests outside etc., but over at the Ron Paul event, people are peaceful, partying, and having a great time talking about freedom.

FF

libertarian4321
08-02-2008, 12:31 AM
Although many would like to think it is an anti-RNC rally it is not! It is a Campaign for Liberty Rally!

Isn't any rally that is pro-freedom inherently "anti-RNC"? Certainly, the Bush/McWar Republican Party stands for the opposite of what the CFL stands for.

So I really don't have a problem with them saying its anti-RNC, because it is...

jcarcinogen
08-02-2008, 04:40 AM
I don't have a problem with it either, it is an attention grabber.

idiom
08-02-2008, 04:48 AM
Lol:

buzz indicator top political search terms:
1. Ron paul
2. Jesse ventura
3. Twin cities
4. Party system
5. Anti rnc
6. Mitt romney
7. Target center
8. John mccain