PDA

View Full Version : Paul sounds a bit worried he won't be able to make goal of filling the Target Center"

RonPaulFanInGA
07-31-2008, 06:29 PM
http://www.washtimes.com/weblogs/dinan/2008/Jul/31/ron-paul-adds-firepower/

Ron Paul sounds a bit worried he won't be able to make his goal of filling the Target Center in Minneapolis on Sept. 2 for his Rally for the Republic, the counter-convention he's holding to go against Republicans' nominating convention in neighboring St. Paul.

In a video message to supporters Paul says they've sold half the tickets, but he's worried about disappointing expectations and he urged his supporters to sign up and show up. As of this evening the count stood at 7,542 tickets sold.

"If we don't have a large crowd, believe me, that will be the news," he says.

He also announced the Sept. 2 event will feature country musician Rocky Lynne and former Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura.

"He's not a Republican and he's not a Democrat, he's independent-minded," Paul said. "He's anxious to come, he supports our view, he's against this war, he supports civil liberties."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mkaxosdw3U

muzzled dogg
07-31-2008, 06:32 PM
i thought he seemed nervous too

powerofreason
07-31-2008, 06:35 PM
When the hell are those mail invitations going out? If they don't go out soon people aren't going to have enough time to make plans.

wgadget
07-31-2008, 06:39 PM
It's the stinking ECONOMY that's holding me back. And it would be nice if Minneapolis were a little closer to Atlanta....:(

psalm82x3
07-31-2008, 06:42 PM
host knows you pick a place small enough that people will have to rub elbows. Etiquette 101.

hypnagogue
07-31-2008, 06:45 PM
I'm worried too. Wasn't the goal 100k?

MRoCkEd
07-31-2008, 06:45 PM
When the hell are those mail invitations going out? If they don't go out soon people aren't going to have enough time to make plans.
agreed

ingrid
07-31-2008, 06:48 PM

True. It's already short notice. The sooner the better

Danke
07-31-2008, 06:55 PM
1.5 Million attend the MN State Fair in Saint Paul every year. That starts on the 21st, and runs through Sept. 1st.

We just need to station supporters at the entrances handing out flyers for the Rally and it will be fill up.

pacelli
07-31-2008, 07:03 PM
1.5 Million attend the MN State Fair in Saint Paul every year. That starts on the 21st, and runs through Sept. 1st.

We just need to station supporters at the entrances handing out flyers for the Rally and it will be fill up.

Is Dr. Paul speaking at the fair? I think it would be a great way. Also if supporters had a booth for the campaign for liberty there with tickets available to sell.

sunshine05
07-31-2008, 07:08 PM
I'll bet a lot of people who went to the March won't be able to make it due to the lengthy travel and expenses. My husband and I went to the March and we had to fly family into town to watch our kids so we could spend the wknd in DC. So it ended up costing quite a bit (gas money, hotel, eating out, etc). I have no regrets. It was an amazing experience but there is no way I could plan another trip with so little time between the events. If I had known this was going to be a really big event, I may have opted to go to Minneapolis instead of DC.

Well, I'm hoping a lot of people from the midwest will find a way to go. If I was an 8 hour drive or less, I would go just for the day.

Danke
07-31-2008, 07:08 PM
Is Dr. Paul speaking at the fair? I think it would be a great way. Also if supporters had a booth for the campaign for liberty there with tickets available to sell.

Booth is a good idea. I don't know what the deadlines are or expense.

itshappening
07-31-2008, 07:10 PM
how difficult can it be to get another 7,000 people to show up??

COME ON, WE HAVE A MONTH!!

liberteebell
07-31-2008, 07:13 PM
It's the stinking ECONOMY that's holding me back. And it would be nice if Minneapolis were a little closer to Atlanta....:(

+1, well, closer to Norfolk, VA.

Danke
07-31-2008, 07:14 PM
how difficult can it be to get another 7,000 people to show up??

COME ON, WE HAVE A MONTH!!

I agree.

But if we still need the numbers by late August, I think the Fair is a good place to hand out flyers.

The Good Doctor
07-31-2008, 07:20 PM
Great idea. Not only that, but they have all the news stations making reports from the Fair. Perhaps he could speak at the fair and get on the air for the local media and get the word out that way too. Great idea!

PlzPeopleWakeUp
nt

AdamT
They will fill it no problem.

MRoCkEd
07-31-2008, 07:21 PM
They will fill it no problem.
hope so

newyearsrevolution08
07-31-2008, 08:00 PM
Well if he would actually invest in a MARKETING GURU then maybe he would be able to fill the damn thing. He seems to think he can send one email or have trevor send one email and it will just happen.

Sometimes you have to get things moving Ron.....

Ninja Homer
07-31-2008, 08:11 PM
Ron Paul has to plug it in his interviews. Maybe Ventura will.

Sematary
07-31-2008, 08:21 PM

Perhaps I could pick you up on the way if you can get a little further north. ;-)
Like D.C. or something.

DFF
07-31-2008, 10:04 PM
Ahh...he's cool.

Join The Paul Side
07-31-2008, 11:18 PM

I feel your pain, buddy. I wish I could go. But I can't afford the travel cost to get there from South Florida. I've had a cruel summer so far. The price of gas and food are chopping away at my finances affecting how I support my family. :(

Archie
08-01-2008, 12:15 AM
I said it before that some of the "money bomb" money should go to helping "blue coller" RP supporter's get some help on there expenses traveling and lodging or even hold a "moneybomb" just to help cut the cost down for transportation and lodging . When RP needed help everyone of you guys wealthy and broke gave money to the good Dr. Now those "blue coller" supporters need that favour back ..

DFF
08-01-2008, 01:30 AM
I said it before that some of the "money bomb" money should go to helping "blue coller" RP supporter's get some help on there expenses traveling and lodging or even hold a "moneybomb" just to help cut the cost down for transportation and lodging . When RP needed help everyone of you guys wealthy and broke gave money to the good Dr. Now those "blue coller" supporters need that favour back ..

+1

LittleLightShining
08-01-2008, 06:36 AM
Ron Paul has to plug it in his interviews. Maybe Ventura will.Yeah, this is one thing I'm not seeing on tv. For instance, he was on Glenn Beck's show the other night and not a whisper about CFL or the rally.

Also, I think he should be announcing who those big acts (and I hope they really are big) are sooner than later. If he waits too long then the message will be that people bought tickets to see them, not him.

This rally is going to be amazing, I just know it. I really wish I could go :(

speciallyblend
08-01-2008, 06:45 AM
well i didn't ,you guys from listening to his speech , i think he just had the runs with a mild headache and maybe an aching leg and a sprained wrist!!!! in other words , you guys read into it toooooooo much!!!!!!!!!

TruthisTreason
08-01-2008, 08:47 AM
10,000 dedicated supporters in MN, I don't think that's anything to be ashamed off (with 7500 tickets sold, that shouldn't be much of a stretch). I still haven't seen thousands of Hillary supporters and take to the streets of DC, in support of their candidate. Maybe the news media wouldn't report it? HAHA.