PDA

View Full Version : C-Span to Cover Rally for the Republic

torchbearer
07-31-2008, 05:53 PM
C-SPAN to also carry live coverage of parties’ platform meetings;

C-SPAN 2 to focus on highlights, feature viewer reactions.

By Alex Weprin -- Broadcasting & Cable,

7/30/2008 4:30:00 PM

C-SPAN and C-SPAN 2 unveiled their Republican and Democratic National Convention plans Wednesday.
Republican elephant and Democratic donkey

C-SPAN’s DNC coverage will air Aug. 25-29 and

C-SPAN 2's RNC coverage Aug. 31-Sept. 5.

The political party conventions are right in the wheelhouse of the cable networks, which are offering “gavel-to-gavel” coverage of the events, as well as ancillary events such as Ron Paul’s Rally for the Republic.

Before the conventions begin, C-SPAN will carry live coverage of the parties’ platform meetings, with the Democratic meetings Aug. 9 and the Republicans Aug. 26 and 27.

Convention coverage will begin at 7 a.m. every day with Washington Journal live from the respective host cities of Denver and Minneapolis. The show will interview newsmakers and journalists, and delegates and elected officials will field calls from viewers throughout the day.

C-SPAN 2 will focus on highlights and will also feature viewer reactions. The network will also cover Paul’s event, set for Aug. 31-Sept. 2 in Minneapolis to coincide with the Republican National Convention.

The networks will also use some new technology to enhance their coverage. Correspondents will be armed with Flip cameras and Skype-enabled laptops, allowing for on-the-fly reports from inside and out of the sessions.

“Political-party conventions remain interesting to the millions of Americans who follow national politics,” C-SPAN president Susan Swain said in announcing the coverage. “Convention speeches become previews for future generations of national leaders. Barack Obama, Bill Clinton and Ronald Reagan were all keynote convention speakers prior to their national runs.”

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/CA6583051.html?industryid=47170

Captain America
07-31-2008, 05:54 PM
thats huge

MRoCkEd
07-31-2008, 05:56 PM
is this source reliable

hope7134
07-31-2008, 06:01 PM
google: ron paul news, my Gosh, he's everywhere. The tide is turning! Oh my gosh, it's finally turning!

torchbearer
07-31-2008, 06:08 PM
is this source reliable

ask don. a friend sent it to me via email. you can email the website to find more sources.

MRoCkEd
07-31-2008, 06:09 PM
ask don. a friend sent it to me via email. you can email the website to find more sources.
just asked him - he says yes!! :)
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=1590226&postcount=200

Jeremy
07-31-2008, 06:10 PM
I'm hoping MSNBC will get it too. (since Tucker will be there)

torchbearer
07-31-2008, 06:11 PM

are they on good terms? wasn't he fired?

torchbearer
07-31-2008, 06:11 PM
just asked him - he says yes!! :)
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=1590226&postcount=200

woot! ya got it here first. best place for real news.

MRoCkEd
07-31-2008, 06:12 PM
hope they get a good aerial shot of the hookers

fr33domfightr
07-31-2008, 11:34 PM
I'm not sure what you guys think about this, and I haven't seen it mentioned yet. On Air America, Bill Press said he was coming to the Rally For The Republic as well. Sometimes this guy gets my goat because he's very liberal, but he says he's pro constitution. His presence will draw more attention to this event.

FF

torchbearer
08-01-2008, 07:47 AM
I'm not sure what you guys think about this, and I haven't seen it mentioned yet. On Air America, Bill Press said he was coming to the Rally For The Republic as well. Sometimes this guy gets my goat because he's very liberal, but he says he's pro constitution. His presence will draw more attention to this event.

FF

Anyone who is for returning to the constitutional restraints is fine with me. I don't care much about their labels.

MRoCkEd
08-01-2008, 07:55 AM
the more media the better

ShowMeLiberty
08-01-2008, 07:58 AM
Epic WIN!

weslinder
08-01-2008, 08:02 AM

No. He's still on in the mornings on someone elses show. He lost his show, but MSNBC's keeping him around.

brandon
08-01-2008, 08:04 AM
hope they get a good aerial shot of the hookers

lol :D

torchbearer
08-01-2008, 08:10 AM
Did the bunny ranch RSVP?

UtahApocalypse
08-01-2008, 10:00 AM
Did the bunny ranch RSVP?

Im sure they have a VIP Suite :D

torchbearer
08-01-2008, 12:54 PM
Im sure they have a VIP Suite :D

Section 133? :)

Jeremy
08-01-2008, 01:01 PM

His show was yanked but I think he still works for them.

MRoCkEd
08-01-2008, 01:03 PM
apparently due to low ratings, not because he likes ron paul

torchbearer
08-01-2008, 04:15 PM
//

westmich4paul
08-01-2008, 04:32 PM
I Just hope this thing turns out huge. I was planning on going but learned in mid july that I had to have surgery on Aug 28th. I will just be getting out of the hospital on the 1st so I do not think I will be in any shape to attend. I was soo depressed about it now I am just hoping we can get some coverage for this so that I may watch it from my bed at home while recuperating from my surgery.

MRoCkEd
08-01-2008, 04:34 PM
I Just hope this thing turns out huge. I was planning on going but learned in mid july that I had to have surgery on Aug 28th. I will just be getting out of the hospital on the 1st so I do not think I will be in any shape to attend. I was soo depressed about it now I am just hoping we can get some coverage for this so that I may watch it from my bed at home while recuperating from my surgery.
I'm hoping for a professional recording to be made into a professional DVD - with all profits going to the CFL

torchbearer
08-01-2008, 04:35 PM
I'm hoping for a professional recording to be made into a professional DVD - with all profits going to the CFL

You should send that suggestion to the CFL. they have been really good at picking up on our suggestions.

MRoCkEd
08-01-2008, 04:36 PM
You should send that suggestion to the CFL. they have been really good at picking up on our suggestions.
Don said he would answer my question about this early next week - but I'll send it anyway.

torchbearer
08-02-2008, 08:21 PM
Don said he would answer my question about this early next week - but I'll send it anyway.

Have you gotten a response yet?

MRoCkEd
08-03-2008, 05:05 AM
nope

MRoCkEd
08-06-2008, 01:09 PM

Have you gotten a response yet?
Mark,

Thanks for writing. We plan on having something like this available sometime shortly after the rally!

Stay tuned for more from Campaign for Liberty.

Sincerely,
Andrew
Campaign for Liberty