PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck just blasted Ben Stein!!

RSLudlum
07-31-2008, 05:41 PM
LOL...maybe Beck has finally come around (with exception of foreign policy). Stein was saying that the gov't should tax the hell out of the rich and that's the only way to fix things bc. 'we' can't stop gov't spending. Beck then asked Stein who would be better at investing his money, the gov't or himself? And then Beck said "you inherited your money, i earned mine"....I was laughing my ass off the entire time.

:)

qh4dotcom
07-31-2008, 05:44 PM
Ben Stein: "A bank robber robs a bank because that's where the money is. Government should tax the rich because that is where the money is"

Jeremy
07-31-2008, 05:46 PM
I saw it. It was AMAZING. You just have to see it though... I couldn't sit down. I just wanted to be like "ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh HAAAA" because Stein just got pwned so much.

Cowlesy
07-31-2008, 05:46 PM
youtube?

amy31416
07-31-2008, 05:52 PM
First one to youtube it gets an e-cookie!

torchbearer
07-31-2008, 05:56 PM
Ben Stein: "A bank robber robs a bank because that's where the money is. Government should tax the rich because that is where the money is"

So he admits the government is akin to bank robbers?

PlzPeopleWakeUp
07-31-2008, 06:08 PM
nt

RSLudlum
07-31-2008, 06:17 PM
It re-airs at 9pm EST and 12am EST ;)

dannno
07-31-2008, 06:25 PM
I'll throw in a chocolate e-cookie

NEPA_Revolution
07-31-2008, 06:27 PM
http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2008/7/31jul30-wwrjd-republican-jesus.jpg

I wonder..... and Glen Beck is great

OhioMichael
07-31-2008, 07:05 PM
Watching the replay... He just tore Stein apart on white guilt. Stein said that we should feel guilty about slavery!

Beck is dead wrong on foreign policy, but if he took the correct stance, he might be out of a job.

He seems to understand the concept of the individual more than any other talking head...

MRoCkEd
07-31-2008, 07:05 PM
I'm watching the repeat - Glenn just bashed Stein for thinking Obama is doing well because white people feel guilty about slavery which they should.
The part mentioned should be coming up shortly

edit: wow ohiomichael, i posted basically the same thing as you

Wow - Glenn Beck is actually bearable to watch. It's not like watching Bill O'Reilly where I disagree with everything he says.. lol

OhioMichael
07-31-2008, 07:06 PM
lol.

you know, they say great minds think alike...

James Madison
07-31-2008, 07:20 PM
Watching the replay... He just tore Stein apart on white guilt. Stein said that we should feel guilty about slavery!

Beck is dead wrong on foreign policy, but if he took the correct stance, he might be out of a job.

He seems to understand the concept of the individual more than any other talking head...

What's this 'we'? My ancestors were held as slaves to both the Persians and the Romans. Where's my reparations?;)

MRoCkEd
07-31-2008, 07:20 PM
What's this 'we'? My ancestors were held as slaves to both the Persians and the Romans. Where's my reparations?;)
u racist!!

James Madison
07-31-2008, 07:23 PM
u racist!!

:eek:

Mr. Coolidge
07-31-2008, 07:25 PM
See, I thought he was saying that that's the way it is, not how it should be.

OhioMichael
07-31-2008, 07:29 PM
See, I thought he was saying that that's the way it is, not how it should be.

He actually said both.

Fox McCloud
07-31-2008, 07:30 PM
I think that needs to be an "L" for Libertarian in that picture, not an "R" XD

Anyway--I really don't know Mr. Stein's position on a lot of things, but I'm glad to hear that Glenn blasted him for saying that we need higher taxation on the rich. Doesn't he [Stein] realize that if that's done you're damaging the investment class? If we tax them even more it may actually hasten the decline of the economy.

Mr. Coolidge
07-31-2008, 07:33 PM
He actually said both.
Maybe he did...I was wondering why he never made the distinction. Maybe that's exactly why. :o

OhioMichael
07-31-2008, 07:33 PM
he is blasting him right now!

This is actually really awesome.

amy31416
07-31-2008, 07:34 PM
Any youtubes yet? I have the cookies!

MRoCkEd
07-31-2008, 07:35 PM
lol
ben stein.. what a dumbass
go do some clear eyes commercials and study "intelligent design"

RSLudlum
07-31-2008, 07:39 PM
I'm watching the repeat - Glenn just bashed Stein for thinking Obama is doing well because white people feel guilty about slavery which they should.

I'm 1/4th Irish and my ancestors were enslaved also, don't I deserve an apology too! :rolleyes:

MRoCkEd
07-31-2008, 07:54 PM
I'm 1/4th Irish and my ancestors were enslaved also, don't I deserve an apology too! :rolleyes:
I'm 1/8th Irish, so I want half the reparations you get.

noxagol
07-31-2008, 08:00 PM
Some decendants of Rome owe my munnies for taking over my ancestral germanic homelands!

frasu
07-31-2008, 08:07 PM
oh sucks, after all this reading no YOUTUBE? :D

Maybe Ben should ask for Bueller when he is iffy on answers.

CountryboyRonPaul
07-31-2008, 08:31 PM
I honestly think our Angry E-Mails got to him.

I remember at one point he was likening Ron Paul supporters to terrorists.

He had some kind of accident, and came out of the hospital completely sympathetic to Paul's platform.

Except Iraq of course, which I don't hear him talk about as much as he used to.

Glad he came around.

RSLudlum
07-31-2008, 08:40 PM
Except Iraq of course, which I don't hear him talk about as much as he used to.

Glad he came around.

I remember Beck got really frustrated with Barr when the subject of withdrawing from Iraq (and the rest of the Middle East) came up...Beck was trying to push the idea that we need to intervene in that part of the world until we 'wean' ourselves off of oil for an alternative or replace it with our own domestic production...So I guess, in Beck's mind, Iraq isn't about the 'War on Terror' but more so OIL, even though he doesn't make it appearent in his everyday broadcasts.

Carehn
07-31-2008, 08:48 PM
youtube! youtube! youtube! I MUST SEE!!!

muh_roads
08-01-2008, 01:15 AM
youtube! youtube! youtube! I MUST SEE!!!

+1

werdd
08-01-2008, 05:03 AM
Youtube.

LittleLightShining
08-01-2008, 06:22 AM
This is why I like Glenn Beck. He really does get the importance of individual responsibility and the foibles and dangers of placing too much trust in the government.

I never really understood why he has Ben Stein on so much but it was really satisfying to see Beck stand up rather than tiptoe around him in deference. Something tells me he read The Revolution:A Manifesto.

angelatc
08-01-2008, 07:52 AM
I remember Beck got really frustrated with Barr when the subject of withdrawing from Iraq (and the rest of the Middle East) came up...Beck was trying to push the idea that we need to intervene in that part of the world until we 'wean' ourselves off of oil for an alternative or replace it with our own domestic production...So I guess, in Beck's mind, Iraq isn't about the 'War on Terror' but more so OIL, even though he doesn't make it appearent in his everyday broadcasts.

McCain made a similiar statement. And that's a fair opinion to have. Like it or not, wars over natural resources have gone on for as long as civilization has existed. But because it is a violation of the Geneva Convention to invade over natural resources, we instead spread Democracy.

In that situation, Barr should have introduced a free marker solution - as in, if we need oil why can't we just buy it? The influence of being the biggest customer is pretty substantial.

SnappleLlama
08-01-2008, 08:18 AM
I thought Ben Stein was supposed to be a highly intelligent man? Why would he spew this nonsense?

torchbearer
08-01-2008, 08:21 AM
I thought Ben Stein was supposed to be a highly intelligent man? Why would he spew this nonsense?

Perhaps he was just being extremely honest. Government is a bunch thieves, thieves rob banks because that is where the money is at... so the government should steal from the rich because that is where the money is at..
Right now, they are stealing from the poor and middle class to bail-out the rich.

Of course, the government shouldn't be stealing from anyone... but that is not the reality we live in today.

SnappleLlama
08-01-2008, 08:26 AM
Perhaps he was just being extremely honest. Government is a bunch thieves, thieves rob banks because that is where the money is at... so the government should steal from the rich because that is where the money is at..
Right now, they are stealing from the poor and middle class to bail-out the rich.

Of course, the government shouldn't be stealing from anyone... but that is not the reality we live in today.

I agree! It's truly unfortunate that anyone believes the government should tax the rich more just because they're financially successful. A lot of citizens who are rich are only that way because they worked very hard to get there. My parents aren't exactly rich, but they are upper middle class, and they both came from blue collar families in Johnstown, PA (which is in an economic crisis). How dare Ben Stein insist that the government chase after people like my parents? It's ridiculous.

Even if people are rich because they inherited the money, who cares? I can't stand the idea that being rich somehow makes you a bad person who needs to be overtaxed.

New York For Paul
08-01-2008, 12:21 PM
I remember way back when, when most people on the forum hated Glenn Beck.

There were a few people who could see that Beck could be reasoned with and supports Ron Paul on many issues.

torchbearer
08-01-2008, 12:52 PM
I remember way back when, when most people on the forum hated Glenn Beck.

There were a few people who could see that Beck could be reasoned with and supports Ron Paul on many issues.

Beck is still a tool. So is Tucker. But we want them to be our tool.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2146/2119544590_d32fb8480e_o.jpg

Andrew-Austin
08-01-2008, 01:58 PM
Him being pro-war can't be considered an "exception" at all. I mean, that'd be one huge fucking exception.

MRoCkEd
08-01-2008, 02:03 PM
tucker flipped on the war
maybe glenn will (or already has privately) considering he says he gets more and more libertarian each day

and come on, this war needs to end ASAP - even George Bush recently said that "progress" means we can start withdrawing troops soon.