PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck rips Ben Stein a part and shows he's not a real conservative

Jeremy
07-31-2008, 05:36 PM
Wow, you should have seen what just happened!!! It was amazing. So Glenn was talking about how the Republican Party needs to be fixed and he basically just talked about going to the conservative values (Ron Paul supporters like us would have liked it) and then he asks Stein. He let Stein talk for a while... talked about how good McCain is... I noticed he even tried calling GOP moderate presidents conservatives. And then BOOM. His mic goes off and Beck absolutely rips him a part. Calls him a fake conservative / liberal, etc. Quotes and everything, and wow... you just have to see the YouTube (which I don't have) and the look on Stein's face.

I don't care what some of you guys say, Glenn is a true conservative.

Dorfsmith
07-31-2008, 05:38 PM
wow, you should have seen what just happened!!! It was amazing. So glenn was talking about how the republican party needs to be fixed and he basically just talked about going to the conservative values (ron paul supporters like us would have liked it) and then he asks stein. He let stein talk for a while... Talked about how good mccain is... I noticed he even tried calling gop moderate presidents conservatives. And then boom. His mic goes off and beck absolutely rips him a part. Calls him a fake conservative / liberal, etc. Quotes and everything, and wow... You just have to see the youtube (which i don't have) and the look on stein's face.

I don't care what some of you guys say, glenn is a true conservative.

youtube!

DeadtoSin
07-31-2008, 05:40 PM
Wow, and here I thought I was alone. I actually like Glenn Beck. He gives Ron Paul some actual air time and is fairly respectful as of late when RP is on. No, he doesn't agree with RP on foreign policy but he usually gives a fair interview. My main problem with Ron Paul supporters (even as a supporter myself..) is that we have an all or none approach.

If Glenn Beck agrees with Ron Paul on monetary policy then that gives Ron Paul credibility in at least some area for his viewers. If he has some credibility then they might be more apt to look up the economic issues as well as the foreign policy issues.

Christianalwaysg124RP
07-31-2008, 05:40 PM
He is really not a part of the libertarian stream of conservatism.( Barry Goldwater type conservatism, "Old Right") Just because he says things sometimes or often that is conservative rhetoric, that doesn't mean he is a conservative.

qh4dotcom
07-31-2008, 05:41 PM
Ben Stein: "A bank robber robs a bank because that's where the money is. Government should tax the rich because that is where the money is"

RonPaulFever
07-31-2008, 05:41 PM
He seems to be coming around, but as of yet I'm far from convinced that he is on the side of liberty.

kathy88
07-31-2008, 05:45 PM
What time does that re-air... I want to see it on the big screen :)

MRoCkEd
07-31-2008, 05:45 PM
wow.. i'll catch it at 9
bueller, bueller

Jeremy
07-31-2008, 05:47 PM
wow.. i'll catch it at 9
bueller, bueller

Just know that it's the second time he talks with Stein. The first time (in the same show) they talk about Obama. The part you want to see is in the middle of the show =)

JosephTheLibertarian
07-31-2008, 05:47 PM
He is really not a part of the libertarian stream of conservatism.( Barry Goldwater type conservatism, "Old Right") Just because he says things sometimes or often that is conservative rhetoric, that doesn't mean he is a conservative.

Barry Goldwater supported the Vietnam war

Cowlesy
07-31-2008, 05:48 PM
wow.. i'll catch it at 9
bueller, bueller

Same here --- I forgot that it comes back on at 9pm EST

1000-points-of-fright
07-31-2008, 05:48 PM
I think that as more of Paul's predictions come true, Beck will come to realize that non-intervention is the way to go and he will begrudgingly admit that Paul was right all along.

DeadtoSin
07-31-2008, 05:50 PM
I think that as more of Paul's predictions come true, Beck will come to realize that non-intervention is the way to go and he will begrudgingly admit that Paul was right all along.

+1776

This is exactly what I've been wanting to say, but for a while all I've seen is Glenn Beck bashing. I know I was one of the more hardcore neo-conservatives just a little over a year ago. We can change, and Glenn Beck as a fellow human is no different.

Jeremy
07-31-2008, 05:50 PM

Actually, I'm pretty sure Beck has always been a little bit non-interventionist. It's just that he isn't as much as we'd like... I think I remember he said he doesn't think we should have gone into Iraq but thinks just pulling out of the Middle East now would be a bad idea.

LibertyCola
07-31-2008, 11:04 PM
i want youtube!

ClayTrainor
07-31-2008, 11:19 PM
yea, this sounds youtube worthy

Maverick
07-31-2008, 11:42 PM
I don't know if everyone remembers what Glenn Beck said about Ron Paul - or about us, for that matter - only 6 months ago, but I do. Perhaps I'm not as quick to forgive as the rest, but I'm not convinced that I should start heaping praise on Beck left and right just because he's finally saying a few nice things. Beck has a lot more work to do before he can earn any respect, and until he does, I will remain skeptical.

PS. Youtubes pls.

LibertyCola
07-31-2008, 11:43 PM
http://blueprintfundraising.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/CatGun.jpg

I'll shoot if I don't get youtube.

Archie
08-01-2008, 12:00 AM
You know Beck was also very skeptical about Ron Pauls "economics" way back as well and then a cuple months ago finnaly said out in the open on the show "You were Right the whole time" I think Beck does this on purpose to get a huge effect that may give Ron Paul more credibilty put it this way . Beck's listeners are mostly good folk "Neo-Conned" people who are slowly starting to awaken a tiny bit but are still stuck on the forign policy issue's,so if Beck had Paul on the first couple times and right away warmed up to RP total message "economics/Forignpolicy" Becks listeners might be way to shocked and believe the whole "Ron Paul's a nut" stuff then would think Glenn is drinking the nutty kool-aid. but with Beck challanging Ron and being skeptical about his message but at the same time respecting it ,its gonna be easier for beck to bring the listener's on Board with "RP's" message he warmed them up to his "Economics" but he may need more time for him to sell "RP"S forign policy message with his listener's . You Mark my words Glenn will warm up to his "non-intervention" message in the near future alot more then he has done in the past and he will go from being only 50% onboard with RP "non-intervention" message to being 80-90% in step with RP on the Forign policy message ...

haaaylee
08-01-2008, 12:10 AM
I don't know if everyone remembers what Glenn Beck said about Ron Paul - or about us, for that matter - only 6 months ago, but I do. Perhaps I'm not as quick to forgive as the rest, but I'm not convinced that I should start heaping praise on Beck left and right just because he's finally saying a few nice things. Beck has a lot more work to do before he can earn any respect, and until he does, I will remain skeptical.

PS. Youtubes pls.

6 months is a long enough time to be saved. Alot of this forum used to be neo cons. So why does Beck get such shit for starting to get it, and Barr too. This is positive people. Not everyone is trying to scam us, sometimes Ron Paul's logic sinks in... The worst thing we can do is attempt to scare them away because they haven't seen the light as long as us --- how high school. Let them all join, let them hear the message!

MusoSpuso
08-01-2008, 12:17 AM
6 months is a long enough time to be saved. Alot of this forum used to be neo cons. So why does Beck get such shit for starting to get it, and Barr too. This is positive people. Not everyone is trying to scam us, sometimes Ron Paul's logic sinks in... The worst thing we can do is attempt to scare them away because they haven't seen the light as long as us --- how high school. Let them all join, let them hear the message!

QFT. What's with all the elitism, people? You sound like Democrats and Obama-Drones. Get off your high horse. We weren't all born with the constitution up our asses :mad:

CasualApathy
08-01-2008, 06:13 AM
strange, i found this video of Ben Stein on glenn beck complimenting and agreeing with Ron Paul....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ0il5y2QpI

and here is one where Glenn calls Ben Stein "The smartest person i know"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg9pbA634ig