PDA

View Full Version : Student charged after 9/11 stickers left on Salt Lake-bound plane

UtahApocalypse
07-31-2008, 03:31 PM
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=3903089
BOSTON (AP) -- A former Worcester man faces charges after he allegedly placed a sticker claiming Sept. 11 was an "inside job" in an airplane bathroom, then ran off the plane at Logan International Airport.

Twenty-six-year-old Jason Robo was arraigned Thursday on charges of disorderly conduct and interfering with aircraft operation.

A flight attendant on the Delta flight to Salt Lake City on Wednesday found homemade stickers that read "9/11 was an Inside Job! PrisonPlanet.com" on a bathroom sink and on the tray table for Robo's seat. The plane was evacuated, and takeoff was delayed for three hours.

Robo was released on his own recognizance and ordered to return to court Aug. 19. He told police the stickers were a joke.

Robo is a student at Humboldt State University in California.

jake
07-31-2008, 03:34 PM
bizzare.. how does that imply a threat?!

thechitowncubs
07-31-2008, 03:41 PM
Thats really odd.

szczebrzeszyn
07-31-2008, 03:50 PM
plane evacuated?
this is getting really crazy out there...

Danke
07-31-2008, 03:50 PM
I don't agree with the decision, but that industry is particularly paranoid about 9/11 related stuff.

We know about so-called "truthers" But I'd bet many in the general public don't. So a guy leaving his "calling card" that he knows 9/11 was an inside job in an airplane is going to get a reaction from a flight attendant. Believe me.

Lord Xar
07-31-2008, 05:10 PM

wasn't there a recent bit of legislation past that if someone was deemed a threat - a terrorist, ie - harmful to the government, they could be imprisoned?

hmmmm. - and the silence begins.

SeanEdwards
07-31-2008, 05:14 PM
The crew thought there was a crazy person on the plane? That's reason enough to abort a flight.

ItsTime
07-31-2008, 05:14 PM
wasn't there a recent bit of legislation past that if someone was deemed a threat - a terrorist, ie - harmful to the government, they could be imprisoned?

hmmmm. - and the silence begins.

bingo. here comes the loophole into thought crime.

SeanEdwards
07-31-2008, 05:18 PM
It's a freakin airplane. There's no room for hijinks or jokes or political protest, or anything. The operators are hyper-vigilant at all times, anything out of the norm is going to set them off. You even say the word bomb on an airplane and chances are you will be in cuffs being interrogated with the plane being searched. That's just how it is.

ItsTime
07-31-2008, 05:20 PM
It's a freakin airplane. There's no room for hijinks or jokes or political protest, or anything. The operators are hyper-vigilant at all times, anything out of the norm is going to set them off. You even say the word bomb on an airplane and chances are you will be in cuffs being interrogated with the plane being searched. That's just how it is.

So reading a Ron Paul "The Revolution" book on a plane is enough to get you arrested?

SeanEdwards
07-31-2008, 05:22 PM
So reading a Ron Paul "The Revolution" book on a plane is enough to get you arrested?

No, but reading anything by Alex Jones should get you waterboarded.

Dorfsmith
07-31-2008, 05:23 PM

I bet it is :(

pacelli
07-31-2008, 05:28 PM

Nope. I was reading it for the 2nd time on an 11 hour Delta flight this past Sunday and they had no problem with it. Even gave me free peanuts :)

lasenorita
07-31-2008, 05:29 PM

Not arrested, but probably enough to put you on a watchlist.

westmich4paul
07-31-2008, 08:55 PM
Exactly I mean heck on Southwest Airlines you cannot even wear anything showing cleavage or maybe a little leg, it is a threat to the safety and well being of the passengers.

TastyWheat
07-31-2008, 09:05 PM
I don't agree with the charges but if it was my airline I'd kick him off. 9/11 stickers on an airplane? Use your head!

driller80545
07-31-2008, 09:20 PM
Paranoia strikes deep

OhioMichael
07-31-2008, 09:32 PM
I don't agree with the charges but if it was my airline I'd kick him off. 9/11 stickers on an airplane? Use your head!

Agreed. It was a stupid thing to do.. but a crime?

I would understand if the airline 'blacklisted' him, but a federal crime is going WAY too far..

mczerone
07-31-2008, 09:49 PM

I know the "bomb" Rule, you don't joke.

Get this kid on vandalizing private property, and even some lit. distribution ordinance if the Airport had one, but there is nothing here that said "bomb".

They were stickers. If it was a hippie leaving a flower power sticker, it would just be peeled off. If it was a presidential campaign sticker, they'd probably just leave the propaganda there, especially if they also pulled for that candidate.

It was stupid to do, it was the wrong place for the stickers. But the charges should reflect that that was the only crime, vandalism.

ClayTrainor
07-31-2008, 10:04 PM
No, but reading anything by Alex Jones should get you waterboarded.

bleh, i dont have the energy to debate someone like you right now.....

I know the "bomb" Rule, you don't joke.

Get this kid on vandalizing private property, and even some lit. distribution ordinance if the Airport had one, but there is nothing here that said "bomb".

They were stickers. If it was a hippie leaving a flower power sticker, it would just be peeled off. If it was a presidential campaign sticker, they'd probably just leave the propaganda there, especially if they also pulled for that candidate.

It was stupid to do, it was the wrong place for the stickers. But the charges should reflect that that was the only crime, vandalism.

agreed, 100%!

no way shoudl he get anything more than vandalism for this. It was stupid, but not an act of terrorism, that much is obvious to anyone.

Alawn
07-31-2008, 10:10 PM
Leaving a 9/11 was an inside job sticker in the bathroom without the sticky part exposed would have been a better idea. Actually putting it on was kind of dumb. It might be a little hard to peel off.

RickyJ
07-31-2008, 10:14 PM
Certain ideas are indeed threats to the ruling elite. Just thinking them out loud can scare the crap out of them. 9/11 was indeed an inside job, but saying so is not going to be tolerated in the USA soon. Kind of like questioning the Holocaust in Europe is not tolerated.

tangent4ronpaul
07-31-2008, 11:33 PM
I seem to remember a thread hear about DHS wanting to make all airline passengers ware tazer bracelets with their personal data encoded on RFID chips...

Yet another reason to never fly!

Now just remember to never commit thought crime again and write All hail Emperor Bush 100 times on the black board in repentance...

-n

Danke
08-01-2008, 06:55 AM
Certain ideas are indeed threats to the ruling elite.

Flight Crews are part of the ruling elite? Cool. :cool:

SLSteven
08-01-2008, 09:28 AM
Vandalism will not persuade people.

Joseph Hart
08-01-2008, 09:33 AM
"It was a joke." - Yea 9/11 was a joke. Bush and Cheney laughed their asses off
9/11 was an inside job!

Grandson of Liberty
08-01-2008, 10:18 AM
I think his biggest mistake was "running off the airplane." Suspicious activity and I would hope it would cause airline to detain the individual until matter cleared up, and airplane checked out. When all is said and done, maybe get him on vandalism and some fine for delaying flight operations or something.

Joseph Hart
08-01-2008, 10:32 AM
I think his biggest mistake was "running off the airplane." Suspicious activity and I would hope it would cause airline to detain the individual until matter cleared up, and airplane checked out. When all is said and done, maybe get him on vandalism and some fine for delaying flight operations or something.

Maybe they should further investigate into the literature instead.