PDA

View Full Version : Question: What is proper behavior when an opponent comes to town?

wgadget
08-30-2007, 07:14 AM
Of course, I know we should behave in a polite manner, but what action steps should be taken?

Huckabee will be visiting here Saturday morning. Is it proper to come out in full Ron Paul regalia, or better to just lurk on the sidelines...?

This is an honest question. I've seen both responses, i.e., don't rock the boat as well as make your presence known.

james1844
08-30-2007, 07:18 AM
Show up and hold a sign at Huckabee's rally. - Probably they will have called media, and it would be great if they could see a Ron Paul sign.

jonahtrainer
08-30-2007, 07:33 AM
Of course, I know we should behave in a polite manner, but what action steps should be taken?

Huckabee will be visiting here Saturday morning. Is it proper to come out in full Ron Paul regalia, or better to just lurk on the sidelines...?

This is an honest question. I've seen both responses, i.e., don't rock the boat as well as make your presence known.

Depends on your strategy.

I usually dress like the other sheep and hand out Ron Paul literature to people inside the opponents rally.

Members of my Meetup cover all the exits with Ron Paul banners and signs.

I think both ways are needed and effective.

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-30-2007, 07:54 AM
Keep in mind that we are going to want Huckabee supporters to come to our side when he drops out. So my only rule to pass along is to not get Huckabee supporters angry with either you or the campaign, but to have them think well of us. Be mindful of the respect Ron Paul shows his opponents, and be sure you are representing the best side the the movement.

njandrewg
08-30-2007, 10:21 AM
I think Huckabee is in it for the VP spot. so when he drops out he'll endorse whomever gives it to him

kylejack
08-30-2007, 10:26 AM
Huckabee strikes me as such a nice guy that I'd have a hard time subverting one of his events.

Open-fire on:
Fred Thompson
Mitt Romney
Rudy Giuliani
...actually all the others. Maybe not Tancredo.

ARealConservative
08-30-2007, 10:33 AM
When Brownback came to down I went up to shake his hand - a large group was around us.

He thanked me for supporting him, - I told him in a loud voice so all could here "Actually, I'm supporting Ron Paul - I find him to be the most honesty and sincere politician running. Don't be discouraged though - you are tied for second. Thank you for visiting my community".

It's true - he is tied for second. It's a large group for second. :D

For Mitt Romney I wore my Ron Paul shirt - he gave me a dirty look as I stood in line for his breakast. I winked at him, and his dirty look softened considerably.

I'm not looking to cause trouble - except with Guliani.

njandrewg
08-30-2007, 10:34 AM
well for Giulliani you can dress up in drag, and hold signs Drag Queens for Rudy. With a full cut out of Rudy in the dress next to you

kylejack
08-30-2007, 10:36 AM
well for Giulliani you can dress up in drag, and hold signs Drag Queens for Rudy. With a full cut out of Rudy in the dress next to you
Not a bad idea.

Transsexuals for Giuliani.

Wait a minute, I'm having a great idea for a website.......

paulaholic
08-30-2007, 10:42 AM
When Brownback came to down I went up to shake his hand - a large group was around us.

He thanked me for supporting him, - I told him in a loud voice so all could here "Actually, I'm supporting Ron Paul - I find him to be the most honesty and sincere politician running. Don't be discouraged though - you are tied for second. Thank you for visiting my community".

Did he say anything in response or did he just smile and try to hold back his tears?

ARealConservative
08-30-2007, 10:50 AM
Did he say anything in response or did he just smile and try to hold back his tears?

He was upbeat. He thanked me again for coming and to keep him in mind when Dr. Paul drops out. I replied that Dr. Paul has enough money to outlast my second choices, including you. I then wished him luck in the Iowa Straw Poll and walked off.

cjhowe
08-30-2007, 10:51 AM
You could ask him why he's snubbing the Texas GOP just to visit with you :-)

Bro.Butch
08-30-2007, 10:55 AM
If there is a Q & A u might ask why he deserves the republican nomination when he is the biggest TAXRAISER in Arkansas history. Even larger than Bill Clinton ! He is there seeking support, so don't worry about offending someone with the truth ! By the way where do you live ? Your state must be more important to Hickabee's campaign than Texas.

paulaholic
08-30-2007, 11:04 AM
He was upbeat. He thanked me again for coming and to keep him in mind when Dr. Paul drops out. I replied that Dr. Paul has enough money to outlast my second choices, including you. I then wished him luck in the Iowa Straw Poll and walked off.

That BASTARD!

ARealConservative
08-30-2007, 11:08 AM
You could ask him why he's snubbing the Texas GOP just to visit with you :-)

This was a month ago.

Politicians shouldn't feel required to particpate in Straw Polls. they are fundraisers for local politics first and foremost.

Elwar
08-30-2007, 11:11 AM
A good 'pantsing' is always good sport.

TexMac
08-30-2007, 11:16 AM

This is an honest question. I've seen both responses, i.e., don't rock the boat as well as make your presence known.Here's one idea:

http://gordonunleashed.com/blog/2007/08/30/ron-paul-supporters-try-to-give-romney-political-advice/

Ozwest
08-30-2007, 11:20 AM
Just tell your opponent that their campaign platform is the longest suicide note in history and that true liberty is precious. So precious that its all been rationed for Ron Paul.

AlexAmore
08-30-2007, 11:24 AM
1. Buy a gun.
2. ?
3. Ron Paul wins by default!

inspired by a South Park episode :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underpants_Gnomes

Ozwest
08-30-2007, 11:40 AM
Tell your opponent that his candidate will only succeed in distributing poverty equally.

Mani
08-30-2007, 11:44 AM
Down here, they get some people together and hold signs up outside the event. Get some extra media coverage.

Nothing confrontational, just holding up signs nearby the event.

wgadget
08-30-2007, 11:52 AM
If there is a Q & A u might ask why he deserves the republican nomination when he is the biggest TAXRAISER in Arkansas history. Even larger than Bill Clinton ! He is there seeking support, so don't worry about offending someone with the truth ! By the way where do you live ? Your state must be more important to Hickabee's campaign than Texas.

I live in Marietta, GA. He's coming to Kennesaw for a GOP breakfast event.

I like the question about why he's not in Texas...Maybe we'll get someone to ask him that one.

wgadget
08-30-2007, 11:56 AM
Well, dang. He's not coming THIS weekend, but next, September 8.

So that would make the Texas straw poll question pretty irrelevant. Oh, well...

risiusj
08-30-2007, 11:57 AM
1. Buy a gun.
2. ?
3. Ron Paul wins by default!

inspired by a South Park episode :)

The two sweetest words in the English language: De-fault! De-fault! De-fault!

Inspired by a Simpsons episode.

Derek Johnson
08-30-2007, 02:21 PM
I'll be outside the Fort Worth convention center Sat morning at 8 AM, I hope to see many many other RP supporters there as well, loud and proud as hell of our champion of the constitution.

I've got a new code for talk radio (while on air): resoting our national pride and understanding law.

Now take the firt letter out of that phrase.

Let's get on the airwaves, let's get those signs visible from Canada to Mexico, from the Atlantic to the Pacific. A RON PAUL SIGN EVERYWHERE, EVERY TREE, MILE MARKER, FENCE, BUS STOP EVERYWHERE!