PDA

View Full Version : Glen Becks offer to put candidates on the air

tangent4ronpaul
07-31-2008, 04:02 AM
at the very end of the show when Ron Paul was on, Glen Beck made the following offer:

If there are any candidates that are not in bed with their party or corporations, please contact me and I'll put you on the air. He wants to clean house from the bottom up.

Lets make sure all our candidates know about this!

You can contact him here:

http://www.cnn.com/feedback/forms/form5.html?69

-n

speciallyblend
07-31-2008, 07:15 AM
well let's get bj lawson on the show;) and others asap

Kade
07-31-2008, 07:16 AM
You think this corporate sellout is going to adhere to that?!

Laughable. It's a good way of promoting his individualism, by lying about his corporate masters.

Glenn Beck is a tool.

mport1
07-31-2008, 07:26 AM
BJ Lawson needs to get on. Send them emails suggesting it.

Cinderella
07-31-2008, 07:35 AM

Laughable. It's a good way of promoting his individualism, by lying about his corporate masters.

Glenn Beck is a tool.

+1!!!!!!!:cool:

slacker921
07-31-2008, 08:06 AM
Glenn Beck is a tool.

you know.. . I've been saying the same thing on here and on Digg for many months and saying that if he honestly wanted to help then he would be showing people the options that are out there (to the two parties) rather than giving THEM all the air time bitching about them. .. his saying the McCain plan for X is stupid and the Obama plan for Y is stupid doesn't help people understand that there are third parties out there and there are candidates they can support.

So what did he do? He's asking for candidates who "buck" their parties. Steelman is a Republican. Rather than give exposure to third party candidates he's asking for the few Republican or Democratic candidates that he can get behind. He's just dissed the Libertarian, Constitution, and Green parties.

speciallyblend
07-31-2008, 08:13 AM

Glenn Beck is a tool.

but for the moment he can be our tool;) so let's at least call him out to his challenge;)

Kade
07-31-2008, 08:16 AM
you know.. . I've been saying the same thing on here and on Digg for many months and saying that if he honestly wanted to help then he would be showing people the options that are out there (to the two parties) rather than giving THEM all the air time bitching about them. .. his saying the McCain plan for X is stupid and the Obama plan for Y is stupid doesn't help people understand that there are third parties out there and there are candidates they can support.

So what did he do? He's asking for candidates who "buck" their parties. Steelman is a Republican. Rather than give exposure to third party candidates he's asking for the few Republican or Democratic candidates that he can get behind. He's just dissed the Libertarian, Constitution, and Green parties.

Of course. It does not benefit our masters to have silly third parties confusing things, where else are they going to get their supplemental incomes?

cska80
07-31-2008, 11:30 AM
I sent in some suggestions ;)

brandon
07-31-2008, 11:35 AM
Did anyone listen to Beck's radio show today? I listened to the first 30 minutes and he was doing a parody of Ludacris' new Obama worship song. It was hilarious.

I'm liking Beck more all the time

Jeremy
07-31-2008, 11:35 AM
well let's get bj lawson on the show;) and others asap

emailed him just now

thanks

Jeremy
07-31-2008, 11:36 AM
Did anyone listen to Beck's radio show today? I listened to the first 30 minutes and he was doing a parody of Ludacris' new Obama worship song. It was hilarious.

I'm liking Beck more all the time

Limbaugh has some good songs too. lol Beck > Limbaugh by a lot though

cska80
07-31-2008, 11:38 AM
I still haven't heard Ron plug the actual website for the Campaign for Liberty on both Becks tv and radio show...

pacelli
07-31-2008, 11:52 AM
Might be more effective to use the contact info for Beck's executive producer:

# Stu: stu@glennbeck.com

Stu is the Executive Producer and Head Writer for the Glenn Beck Program.

http://www.glennbeck.com/content/program/contact/

I emailed him as well as the Lawson campaign this morning about getting BJ on.

tangent4ronpaul
07-31-2008, 02:30 PM
blimp!

qh4dotcom
07-31-2008, 02:56 PM
He's just dissed the Libertarian, Constitution, and Green parties.

He's had Bob Barr on his show several times...one time for a full hour

slacker921
07-31-2008, 03:25 PM
He's had Bob Barr on his show several times...one time for a full hour

so...... how many times has he mentioned him or other third party candidates since then? I can count on one hand the number of times I've heard him say ANYTHING about Barr or Baldwin (good or bad) when they weren't sitting there in front of him. I'd bet that in the past six months he's only mentioned a third party candidate on less than 5% of his TV shows. My guess is that in 19 of 20 shows he does the entire show without naming a third party candidate.

As for this call for candidates -- Will he give Libertarians like Michael Munger (http://munger4ncgov.com/) any air time? Or will he just parade out a whole bunch of Republicans? We'll see. Maybe he'll surprise us.

kathy88
07-31-2008, 03:35 PM
so...... how many times has he mentioned him or other third party candidates since then? I can count on one hand the number of times I've heard him say ANYTHING about Barr or Baldwin (good or bad) when they weren't sitting there in front of him. I'd bet that in the past six months he's only mentioned a third party candidate on less than 5% of his TV shows. My guess is that in 19 of 20 shows he does the entire show without naming a third party candidate.

As for this call for candidates -- Will he give Libertarians like Michael Munger (http://munger4ncgov.com/) any air time? Or will he just parade out a whole bunch of Republicans? We'll see. Maybe he'll surprise us.

It sounded to me like he was open to suggestions. If the feedback he gets is all on third party candidates, then I would imagine that is what he will supply. Can we bag the negativity for just one damned thread for a change? It's not, "you're either with us or you're a terrorist" in this forum.

The_Orlonater
07-31-2008, 03:52 PM
Glenn's pretty cool now.

The_Orlonater
07-31-2008, 03:56 PM
It sounded to me like he was open to suggestions. If the feedback he gets is all on third party candidates, then I would imagine that is what he will supply. Can we bag the negativity for just one damned thread for a change? It's not, "you're either with us or you're a terrorist" in this forum.

+1

Does everybody on this forum want this movement to be a little debate club with cute avatars? The trolling on this forum is freaking unbelievable. At least Glenn is giving Bob Barr and Ron Paul some time. I think he's had other people on. He's not going to have every freaking libertarian ,or pro-republican on his show. I don't really think he can, but email him and get your friends to email him to get someone like BJ Lawson on, sheesh the media doesn't know EVERYBODY running.

slacker921
07-31-2008, 08:00 PM
. . "trolling" .. ?
I watched some of his show tonight and the only candidates I heard him talk about were McCain and Obama. Oh well.. Name recognition doesn't mean anything in politics anyway..

fwiw.. I e-mailed Glenn and asked if he'd give BJ Lawson and Michael Munger some air time.. we can hope..

Maximus
07-31-2008, 08:41 PM
Don't knock on Beck, he is giving alternatives exposure to a huge audience. This can only be good

muzzled dogg
07-31-2008, 08:50 PM
good shit glen

westmich4paul
07-31-2008, 08:59 PM

I really did not care though I thought Steelman was absolutely hot. Something about a Lady fighting for Liberty!

H Roark
07-31-2008, 09:01 PM
You know ever since he tried to compare RP supporters to domestic terrorists, I've had a problem with him, but he has been more and more pro-RP ever since. Beck must of been rooting for some other Republican besides McCain...

Seeing as that he has had Bob Barr on, the least he could do is have Chuck Baldwin on the air. Out of all the third party choices beside Barr, Baldwin would be the next closest candidate on the presidential ticket. Sending him the suggestion...