PDA

View Full Version : Please, I need your help to get to Minnesota

Sematary
07-30-2008, 11:06 PM
I know, I've had a few threads on the subject, but I have a long way to go. I am part of the Ct. leadership group and don't want to miss this once in a lifetime opportunity. I've been asked all kinds of questions about my finances, etc... and all understandable. After all, I'm asking complete strangers to help me reach a pinnacle that I can't reach on my own. The thing is, I don't consider you strangers. Not really. I've worked with some of you. I have some of your phone numbers. I've attended rally's with you. I've voted in polls with you and I've raised money for the campaign with you. I went out in the hot sun with some of you and canvassed and cajoled and worked and sweated to help this campaign out. Now I'm asking for some help in return. I can sell everything I have of value (which isn't much) and still come up short. Hence - my chipin: http://ronpaulcarepackages.chipin.com/moneys-to-attend-ron-paul-convention-in-minneapolis

There are THOUSANDS of people who frequent these forums. All I'm asking for is a few dollars from each of you to help me make sure that my bills are paid for while I attend this with the rest of the leadership group from Ct. and that I can pay for transportation and food for my daughter and I. I don't want to do it. I don't like doing it. But it needs to be done. I am completely swallowing my pride here and putting myself out to be judged based on my need to attend this event. I am ebaying my ass off but it won't be enough. So, please, if you can contribute, I would really appreciate it.

http://ronpaulcarepackages.chipin.com/moneys-to-attend-ron-paul-convention-in-minneapolis

My current auctions on ebay to help finance this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=140253935496&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=004
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=140253935307&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=004
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=140253937511&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=004
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=140254020738&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=004

More to come (auctions that is).....

Thanks to anyone who is willing to help me cover my costs, etc.... and thanks to the generous few who have already donated $95 to my cause....

yongrel
07-30-2008, 11:13 PM
Pawn shop?

Sematary
07-30-2008, 11:33 PM
Pawn shop?

I'll do better on Ebay

Austin
07-31-2008, 12:03 AM
Man I really wish I had some money to spare. I barely have enough to get my ticket, and I'm still working on ways to get enough money for gas and the political training..

Seriously guys, Sem is a good guy. If 10 people chipin 10 bucks, it would help immensely. Anyone that can spare, please do, even if it's just 5 bucks.

qh4dotcom
07-31-2008, 12:39 AM
Ok...I just made my second chipin for Sematary...but there are other options besides asking the members of this forum (the number of active ones which by the way have decreased since Super Tuesday, I doubt there are thousands of active ones)...try asking the dailypaul members, post a comment on the CFL blog, Digg or other places where Ron Paul members leave comments.

I earned my first dollars when I was 10 years old...boy I wish I had had the internet back then because that is my main source of income now...I am going to earn money while I am in Minneapolis as I will be taking my laptop with me...how about asking your family members, coworkers or friends to help you out? Or learn how to make money on the internet?

rajibo
07-31-2008, 01:19 AM
Forget your principles this once and contact this guy:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/51/152309804_bbe11373ba.jpg?v=0

rancher89
07-31-2008, 07:15 AM
I still think timesharing your kids is a great idea, just think of the work they could do for some local farmer, they'd get fed and learn a lot about real life......

another pathetic attempt at humor to bump this thread.......

Sematary
07-31-2008, 08:07 AM
Ok...I just made my second chipin for Sematary...but there are other options besides asking the members of this forum (the number of active ones which by the way have decreased since Super Tuesday, I doubt there are thousands of active ones)...try asking the dailypaul members, post a comment on the CFL blog, Digg or other places where Ron Paul members leave comments.

I earned my first dollars when I was 10 years old...boy I wish I had had the internet back then because that is my main source of income now...I am going to earn money while I am in Minneapolis as I will be taking my laptop with me...how about asking your family members, coworkers or friends to help you out? Or learn how to make money on the internet?

Did you miss the auctions on Ebay. ;-)
Thanks for the second chipin. :-)
Btw - I'm not 20. I can't go to my parents to ask for money.
Believe me when I say - I am doing everything I can humanly do to raise the cash I need.

Sematary
07-31-2008, 08:09 AM
I still think timesharing your kids is a great idea, just think of the work they could do for some local farmer, they'd get fed and learn a lot about real life......

another pathetic attempt at humor to bump this thread.......

I considered it but they didn't seem to like the idea. ;-)

On the bright side, the chipin is at $100 and I have over $200 in my paypal account after my first auction closed and one of my auctions has the opening $130 bid already covered. So, it's getting there. I have alot of stuff I'll be selling in the next few weeks to get this done. I'm just fairly certain that by itself, it won't be enough.

Sematary
07-31-2008, 08:29 AM

Ya, I was 8 or 9, raking leaves and mowing lawns to pick up a few bucks.
What is it that you do on the internet that is so lucrative?

Jeremy
07-31-2008, 08:31 AM
Why don't you just start eating cheaper foods and save up some money.

Austin
07-31-2008, 09:24 AM
Ramen.

Make good use of it. ;]

Sematary
07-31-2008, 02:27 PM
Ramen.

Make good use of it. ;]

My kids love it.

Sematary
07-31-2008, 02:38 PM
Whoever it was that donated $100 today, thankyou.

mtmedlin
07-31-2008, 03:59 PM
I love old video game consoles but dont need what you already have listed. Got anything else?

Need an Atari....mine died. Colecovision, a good working NES (i have to smack mine to make it work) might even consider a WII or a 360.

Sematary
07-31-2008, 05:16 PM
I love old video game consoles but dont need what you already have listed. Got anything else?

Need an Atari....mine died. Colecovision, a good working NES (i have to smack mine to make it work) might even consider a WII or a 360.

I can offer you an atari and an NES in excellent condition - with all the controllers, etc...
Wanna make an offer? It would save me the trouble of listing them. The Nintendo would come with at least one controller (more if I have them), a light gun, can throw in Mario Bros. and maybe a couple of other games (I can tell you what I have to offer). I also have the original box. With the Atari I can throw in a bunch of games (can also give you a list of what I have) plus the regular controllers and the pong style controllers. :-)
And, if you needed them, I could put in an rf switch and the av cord for each. If you don't need them, let me know

Do you need an XBOX?

Sematary
07-31-2008, 05:18 PM
Oh, and I got this message from the guy who sent me the $100. I thought I'd share.

Hey, I'm new to the RPF, and still not able to registered (sent 2 requests and got nothing back). Looked at your auctions, while interesting, I'm currently in Iraq and don't want to deal with buying through E-bay. While I don't like the size of the gov, I'm able to save over $2000 a month by being over here, coming back from Iraq with $25k in pocket (not bad for being 21). Nice chunk of change for me, but I digressed. Its a small way I can be supportive of this movement. I would come to event myself, but my leave from this place isn't until 2nd or 3rd week in Sept. Good Luck raising the rest.

rancher89
07-31-2008, 06:28 PM
Oh, and I got this message from the guy who sent me the $100. I thought I'd share.

Hey, I'm new to the RPF, and still not able to registered (sent 2 requests and got nothing back). Looked at your auctions, while interesting, I'm currently in Iraq and don't want to deal with buying through E-bay. While I don't like the size of the gov, I'm able to save over $2000 a month by being over here, coming back from Iraq with $25k in pocket (not bad for being 21). Nice chunk of change for me, but I digressed. Its a small way I can be supportive of this movement. I would come to event myself, but my leave from this place isn't until 2nd or 3rd week in Sept. Good Luck raising the rest.

amazing, amazing

Sematary
07-31-2008, 08:15 PM
amazing, amazing

I'm still amazed by modern technology. When I was in the service, the internet had yet to be invented, the dollar was worth 4 marks (German currency) and I had to pay 100 marks to make a phone call home.

Sematary
08-01-2008, 05:42 AM
So it looks like, right now, I am about $450 (thereabouts) towards my goal of $1200 - $1500
Almost halfway. I'll be putting up more auctions but if anyone can contribute or would be interested in making a donation for one of my Ron Paul memorabilia - please pm me about that. Here is the memorabilia that I have available:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=140251678232&ssPageName=STRK:MESO:IT&ih=004

The winner of this auction took it just so I wouldn't lose this unique collection for a measly $26, which I really appreciated. These things are still available individually if you are interested though.

Sematary
08-01-2008, 07:55 AM
Thanks for the donation of $25. My chipin is now at $225
Thankyou.

SnappleLlama
08-01-2008, 08:22 AM
Gave a few bucks...I really wish I could afford more, but the rent's due today :(

Sematary
08-01-2008, 08:23 AM
Gave a few bucks...I really wish I could afford more, but the rent's due today :(

I know the feeling. Thankyou.

Sematary
08-01-2008, 08:25 AM
Well, off to work. I'll be back in about - um, 16 hours.

mtmedlin
08-01-2008, 11:55 AM
I can offer you an atari and an NES in excellent condition - with all the controllers, etc...
Wanna make an offer? It would save me the trouble of listing them. The Nintendo would come with at least one controller (more if I have them), a light gun, can throw in Mario Bros. and maybe a couple of other games (I can tell you what I have to offer). I also have the original box. With the Atari I can throw in a bunch of games (can also give you a list of what I have) plus the regular controllers and the pong style controllers. :-)
And, if you needed them, I could put in an rf switch and the av cord for each. If you don't need them, let me know

Do you need an XBOX?

HMMM, if you can send me a list of the games for the Atari (btw, which Atari?) and the NIntendo. I sold half of my video game collectiona few years ago and have been pissed since.

As far as XBOX, I have one. If it was a 360, we could talk or a WII. I am losing both in my divorce :( but the kids are happy, so I guess its all good.

mconder
08-01-2008, 02:30 PM
I will be buying tickets whether I can make it or not. Ron does not deserve to get stuck with any unpaid bills.

CasualApathy
08-01-2008, 03:16 PM
Im wondering Semetary what your daily/weekly/monthly expenses are, because i am pretty sure we can find a way to bring them down and earn you some money that way. Most people spend more then they have to because they don't know any better, so lay it on us and lets have a look :)

majinkoola
08-01-2008, 03:21 PM
I'm flying in very late Monday and leaving very early Wednesday. Searched online constantly to find a cheap ticket, found one for $188 total. Sleeping at the airport Monday night and not sleeping Tuesday night. So aside from food, my total cost is less than $225. Sematary, you have enough already.

phoenixrising
08-01-2008, 03:32 PM
Thanks for the donation of $25. My chipin is now at $225
Thankyou.

every bit counts-welcome ;)

Sematary
08-01-2008, 11:58 PM
HMMM, if you can send me a list of the games for the Atari (btw, which Atari?) and the NIntendo. I sold half of my video game collectiona few years ago and have been pissed since.

As far as XBOX, I have one. If it was a 360, we could talk or a WII. I am losing both in my divorce :( but the kids are happy, so I guess its all good.

I have three atari's - the six switch model, the four switch model (both wood grain) and the darth vader model. I'll pm you a list of games tomorrow sometime

Sematary
08-02-2008, 12:00 AM
I'm flying in very late Monday and leaving very early Wednesday. Searched online constantly to find a cheap ticket, found one for $188 total. Sleeping at the airport Monday night and not sleeping Tuesday night. So aside from food, my total cost is less than $225. Sematary, you have enough already.

I'm very happy for you but you obviously missed the part where I don't get vacation pay, sick pay, or any paid time off and need to cover a weeks pay while I'm gone (yes, I work weekends). I am also traveling with my eight year old daughter and if I can find two to ride with me, my round trip cost for both of us will be about $150 in gas. I do need to give us a place to sleep, and food. So, despite what you think - I don't have enough. thanks for your support.

PlzPeopleWakeUp
08-02-2008, 12:16 AM
nt

Sematary
08-02-2008, 12:29 AM
God bless that soldier. We wish you could be here for the rally!

Yes we do. I know that I will be, representing myself, my state and soldiers just like him, in my efforts to further liberty in this once and hopefully future, great nation.

Sematary
08-02-2008, 01:03 AM
I've had several donations today (the latest just a few minutes ago). I want to thank all of you who have so generously helped me so far and those who have spoken in for me and my character. thank you all.

Sematary
08-03-2008, 12:06 AM

Check your pm's

mtmedlin
08-03-2008, 10:01 AM
I have three atari's - the six switch model, the four switch model (both wood grain) and the darth vader model. I'll pm you a list of games tomorrow sometime

OK, on the 6 switch are we talking about a "heavy" 6 sunnyvale, light 6 or the 4 on top, 2 in the back cx2600?

Not really interested in the 4 switch but hte "vader" is cool.

If you have anything else let me know. I am going to stick with my NES for now. I have to buy a WII for my girls but I would hate to see your collection fall into the hands of someone who doesnt truly appreciate older video game systems.

Sematary
08-03-2008, 10:55 PM
OK, on the 6 switch are we talking about a "heavy" 6 sunnyvale, light 6 or the 4 on top, 2 in the back cx2600?

Not really interested in the 4 switch but hte "vader" is cool.

If you have anything else let me know. I am going to stick with my NES for now. I have to buy a WII for my girls but I would hate to see your collection fall into the hands of someone who doesnt truly appreciate older video game systems.

No, it's the six on top
We should really conduct this through pm's, don't you think?