PDA

View Full Version : Uhh, shouldn't we be doing something to reach CFL's membership and ticket goals?

AJ Antimony
07-30-2008, 10:42 PM
At the pace they're going now, it doesn't look like they'll have 100,000 members by Sept. 1st. The pace the Rally tickets are selling is also slow. The tickets are a bit different since the musical acts alone might sell the rest, but until the announcements, the sales rate is a cause for concern.

So shouldn't we do something to at least help get 100,000 members? Just wondering.

Bryan
07-30-2008, 11:03 PM
These are both important and anything we can do to help is good. RPFs is going to send out an e-mail soon on this, FWIW.

So what else does everyone suggest?

Ninja Homer
07-30-2008, 11:17 PM
I think a lot of people are trying to figure out how to get there. Ronvoys are in the works.

A lot of other people are probably looking for places to stay. Hotel rooms should open up some time around Friday, when the hotels release the rooms that were reserved for the RNC. Also, check out this thread for offering or finding rooms/beds/couches/yards to stay at for the Rally:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=148509

I think tickets will sell out pretty quickly when they tell us who the headliners are, but we should do everything within our power to get Ron Paul supporters there first, rather than having local people buy tickets just because they want to see their favorite band.

I don't know about getting to 100,000 though. It would help if Ron Paul would throw in a plug during his interviews, but I'm just glad he's getting interviews.

PlzPeopleWakeUp
07-30-2008, 11:25 PM
nt

LibertyInJeopardy
07-30-2008, 11:26 PM
Focus on activating RP meetup organizers and assistant organizers and pull them into RPFs with some special membership status "Meetup Organizer - OC, CA" for example. Encourage cooperation of those organizers within their state by creating state strategy threads.

Start Chip Ins for state or regional meetup organizers to gather and continue their strategy discussions at some central locations. Encourage all meetups to hold regular meetings and discussions of local politics in public places in their areas, so that activity is visible, open, and a bit out of the ordinary from the usual presidential talk.

How does this help CFL and the Rally?

Energy. Activity. Focus. Visibility.

Do something consistently and publicly, get others thinking, and liberty will spread itself.

micahnelson
07-30-2008, 11:33 PM
Us: Hey, You should join the CFL?

Them: Yeah? What do they do?

Us: ...

Them: ...

See the problem? Until there is something to get involved with, people won't be getting involved. We need some "Marching Orders". This could be national, or local... but we need to get local chapters or a national initiative to do... something. I think some sort of nation wide thing to kick it off would be great- my two cents.

Ninja Homer
07-30-2008, 11:45 PM

lol... I haven't thought of it like that, but it's very true. There were over a million votes for Ron Paul in the primaries though. 100,000 shouldn't be that hard to get, it's just a matter of reaching them.

fr33domfightr
07-30-2008, 11:52 PM
Young people might be tight on funds. They should consider Hostels. Its a really cheap way to have a place to sleep at night, without camping. People can also share a room too, so the expenses can be split.

For those traveling farther away, the airfare can be relatively expensive. I got the price down by selecting the "unpopular" departure airport, which isn't too far away either, and by including 1 stop in the flight. I also got the price down by coming a little later in the schedule. I'll make it to the events I wanted to attend, and the big one too.

FF

RonPaulwillWin
07-31-2008, 12:34 AM
Couchsurfing.com

AJ Antimony
07-31-2008, 01:30 AM

See the problem? Until there is something to get involved with, people won't be getting involved. We need some "Marching Orders". This could be national, or local... but we need to get local chapters or a national initiative to do... something. I think some sort of nation wide thing to kick it off would be great- my two cents.

Very true. It's hard to get random people to join if the CFL really isn't anything other than a blog.

My suggestions:
1. a Sign Up Bomb -- pick a date and on that day everyone gets 2 people to sign up. Simple enough.
2. Meetups should go ask local politicians to sign up. I assume most of them would be happy to see young constituents and would think the CFL is another thing that makes good rhetoric. Sorta like when they do those pledges to follow the Constitution, keep taxes down, etc. Stuff they'd look like Nazis for not doing.
3. This is the extreme option. Meetups could organize to go around public promoting CFL and encouraging people to join. Sorta like petitioners for 3rd party/indy candidates.

muzzled dogg
07-31-2008, 06:40 AM
These are both important and anything we can do to help is good. RPFs is going to send out an e-mail soon on this, FWIW.

So what else does everyone suggest?

thanks bryan

ronpaulhawaii
07-31-2008, 06:55 AM
... and support our walk in my sig

;)

[edit - this just came through my inbox and is a bit relevant]:

Hi all,

Taking over at the county level is quite easy if you are prepared to network a little with fellow Ron Paul people. It took my group 3-4 months to pull it off, but we now have over 50% of the vote in our county. We are now working at the district level and darn near have it sewn up as well. Once we get the whole legislative district, we will work on the state level. We could have the whole state by the next election cycle in 2 years. It's very easy if you are persistent and don't mind giving 5-6 days per month to the project. This was all done by becoming precinct committeemen and/or putting people in position to give us their proxy vote.

Joe

mport1
07-31-2008, 07:17 AM
We can reach thousands of RP supporters doing this (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=147332&highlight=thousands) but apparently there isn't much interest.

mport1
07-31-2008, 07:24 AM
Very true. It's hard to get random people to join if the CFL really isn't anything other than a blog.

My suggestions:
1. a Sign Up Bomb -- pick a date and on that day everyone gets 2 people to sign up. Simple enough.
2. Meetups should go ask local politicians to sign up. I assume most of them would be happy to see young constituents and would think the CFL is another thing that makes good rhetoric. Sorta like when they do those pledges to follow the Constitution, keep taxes down, etc. Stuff they'd look like Nazis for not doing.
3. This is the extreme option. Meetups could organize to go around public promoting CFL and encouraging people to join. Sorta like petitioners for 3rd party/indy candidates.

Very good ideas.

Charles Wilson
07-31-2008, 07:41 AM
The Rally for the Republic and the announcement of the "Campaign for Liberty" should be broadcast to folks all over the globe. Liberty is popular.

Foreign news services from freedom loving countries all over the world should be invited to cover this major event. We need to get the word out that the movement is not one of aggression but one of peace. One of our goals is to spread good relations with all and war with none. Trade without interference in the sovereignty of other countries will break from the current goal of nation building. Our country should emulate the peaceful foreign policy of Switzerland.

mport1
07-31-2008, 08:45 AM
bump, we need to solve these problems before its too late

ronpaulhawaii
07-31-2008, 08:55 AM
I am having success with the traditional campaign approach of personal appeals... I explain who we are and what our goals are. I, also, explain that the website is just a blog for now as I direct them to

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/mission/

I think a mix of traditional and internet campoaigning will be the ticket. We already have enough net-roots, now we need grass-roots on the ground.

It may seem intimidating, but it is not hard and, as soon as people feel the respect they earn for their efforts they will see how satisfying grassroots activism can be.

Sometimes it really is about, "how you play the game"

:)

samaberle
07-31-2008, 11:04 AM
There is a huge amount of RP supporters that have never heard of the Campaign for Liberty, or the Rally for the Republic. Just looking at my sphere of influence, surrounding community, I would say that maybe 10% of the RP supporters regularly check their email, let alone search out info on Ron Paul. This needs to be door to door or even neighbor to neighbor. I have had several people ask me what this rally thing is. It would be nice to be able to hand them a flyer, explaining what it is about.

PlzPeopleWakeUp
07-31-2008, 11:07 AM
nt

AJ Antimony
07-31-2008, 12:42 PM
We can reach thousands of RP supporters doing this (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=147332&highlight=thousands) but apparently there isn't much interest.

It's a good idea. My best guess is that most of those members are already signed up at CFL, and that those who are not are the people who left the movement once Paul wasn't going to win the nomination.

AJ Antimony
07-31-2008, 12:43 PM
The RFTR will not have a problem filling up. Ventrua is speaking at it and he is mega-popular in MN.

I bet people are scalping tickets for big $$ by the time of the rally.

Where did you hear Jesse Ventura is speaking?

muzzled dogg
07-31-2008, 12:53 PM
Where did you hear Jesse Ventura is speaking?

on alex jones today... at least two threads floatin around

speciallyblend
07-31-2008, 01:21 PM
get rid of the word republican and it will be easier to get people to go:)

micahnelson
07-31-2008, 01:23 PM
We should probably latch on to some issues. How do you think American Solutions became popular so fast?

Drill Here. Drill Now. Pay Less.

Six words. Simple Idea. Hits home to people seeing high gas prices. Maybe we should try to grab a couple issues...

... of course there needs to be a reason why joining CFL will help with that.

I'm thinking a "Save the Dollar" campaign similar to those Save the Whale people.

muzzled dogg
07-31-2008, 01:25 PM
get rid of the word republican and it will be easier to get people to go:)

lol true

get that elephant from off the frontpage anwyays

micahnelson
07-31-2008, 01:26 PM
lol true

get that elephant from off the frontpage anwyays

The elephants make us look like asses. Hey, wait a minute...

AJ Antimony
07-31-2008, 02:05 PM
on alex jones today... at least two threads floatin around

Kick ass!

mport1
07-31-2008, 02:05 PM
It's a good idea. My best guess is that most of those members are already signed up at CFL, and that those who are not are the people who left the movement once Paul wasn't going to win the nomination.

Not necessarily. A lot of them are not very active in the campaign as of now but that doesn't mean that they "left" the movement. Most probably aren't aware that we are moving forward with the CFL.

I think it is an effective way of easily targeting thousands of people we know already support Ron Paul and are FAR more likely to sign up for the CFL. We just need people to help out on this. I'm doing what I can but with more people helping we can reach more RP supporters.

raystone
07-31-2008, 02:26 PM
send this email to everyone you know...

Your Opportunity to Be "Home" with Ron Paul (use for SUBJECT line, too)

I recently finished hearing from several people that attended the Revolution March in Washington D.C. where Ron Paul spoke in July.

http://www.revolutionmarch.com/

They had a hard time putting into words the excitement and feeling of happiness they had being in a crowd of Ron Paul supporters, and then hearing and seeing Ron Paul speak.

A few of their expressions...

"I felt like I was home with people who know me and I know them"

"Seeing Ron Paul speak in person was fantastic"

"We just kept seeing Ron Paul supporters, then more of them, and more ..."

Now, let's all see each other in Minneapolis for an incredible Labor Day weekend and keep making history !

Finish filling the Target Center in Minnesota on September 2nd for The Rally for the Republic.

Lodging: Rally for the Republic has website listings of lodging accomodations.
Transportation: Ronvoys are being set up now from all across the country.

Buy your tickets now and show your support. America will be watching !

http://rally.campaignforliberty.com/

See you there !

Yours in Liberty,

ronpaulhawaii
07-31-2008, 02:44 PM
The elephants make us look like asses. Hey, wait a minute...

lulz

:D