PDA

View Full Version : Guess you's running for State Senate in District 15!

skyorbit
07-30-2008, 10:22 PM
Me.

Drake Olsen the Republican Party county Chair called me today. Said that there are no Republicans currently running for State Senate in District 15 and he needs a Republican on the Ballot.

He said the party would print up a bunch of signs for me. But I told this is the kind of thing we'd be here to help him work on.

So anyway, If you know some good state-type policies we should talk about and what main issues I should try to work into my platform, I'm all ears.

I meet with some of the county organizers next Friday.

It's a heavily Democratic district, but I think a populist message of low taxes, opposing corporate welfare, etc, might bring many Dems over, supporting exempting food from the sales tax, Repealing the State excise taxes on Gas, etc.

Told him I wasn't sure how much effort I could put into it, but I'll do what I can.

Tracy

american.swan
07-30-2008, 11:10 PM
cooooool

Regardless, this is great experience and you can help others after this.

I plan to run later too.

yongrel
07-30-2008, 11:12 PM
Awesome! What state? What district?

skyorbit
08-02-2008, 10:24 AM
Opps Sorry. I assumed everybody here knew I was in South Dakota.

raystone
08-02-2008, 10:56 AM
It's fantastic you are stepping up !! Great news

ItsTime
08-02-2008, 12:37 PM
first off dont let your voters see your myspace page.. Good luck! Are you against an incumbent I take it?

skyorbit
08-03-2008, 12:24 PM
Yes. A fairly deeply entrenched Democrat.

Tracy

skyorbit
08-26-2008, 12:01 AM
As many of you know, a few weeks ago, Drake Olsen, the Minnehaha County GOP Chair, Called me and wanted to know if I'd be willing to run for State Senate. Apparently my district (District 15) is a heavily Democratic District and nobody even wanted to try.

However, I'm not your typical Republican, I should be able to reach beyond that artificial divide.

I want to be the Mr No in the State Senate. I want to be the guy to pushes bills to cut taxes wherever I can, and DO it by cutting spending.

But I need volunteers. I need volunteers to help me phone bank. We want to call Republicans and ask to put signs up first of all.

We can disperse the lists so you can call from home. We just need to make sure we're not double calling people.

The Party's going to put together a phone list for that. The Republican "Victory Office" opens Sept 5th, and these phone lists should be ready by then.

This is a Catholic District, where most of the Democrats are Pro-life.

The Party is supplying 100 signs for me. However, for most State legislative races, I've been told 250 is a typical number needed. They're about $3 each.

The party is also printing up palm pieces for me. But they cost about 17 cents each. We've got about 4,000 doors to knock on.

So, I'm in need of some money for basic expenses.
150*$3= $450 for signs and 4,000*.17=$680 for a total of around $1,200

If you would like to help me out on this project you can mail checks to

Tracy Saboe for State Senate
800 N Prairie Ave
Sioux Falls, SD 57104

You can also PayPal Money to me at gold_club_99@yahoo.com just mark in the subject line "Saboe for Senate"

If I can raise this relatively quickly, I can use more for Mailers. Every $5 or $10 Helps.
A Mailer to the entire District is going to run about $1,000 per mailer. They recommend doing 3, a few days apart, towards the end of October. But the $1,200 needs to be raised pretty much now.

Tracy

PS Dan Kaiser can use some help on his Run for State House Also.
He's got a Myspace site here.
http://www.myspace.com/kaiser4house
Kaiser4house PO BOX 1933 Aberdeen SD 57401
He's needing donations too.

Can we get a principled, small government person in both the South Dakota State House AND the Senate? TS