PDA

View Full Version : Looks like there's been a total German fox in my back yard...

DjLoTi
08-30-2007, 02:46 AM
There's this foreign chick living in my microscopic town as an Au Pair...

http://a563.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/94/l_00a685d8ec408043d4c4487e60ea373a.jpg

Man I hope she comes back online. I sent her a message.. some in German.. told her I was a weatherman ;) Germans love talking about the weather...

I'm sure she'd love to go out with me since there's really nothing to do around here.. man If we hooked up and we liked eachother, which I'm sure we would... o man I could have a girl like forreal hahaha o man a fine one and a foreign one.. even better American women drive me crazy... at least, the ones my age. haha....

She's been offline for 10 days :(

foofighter20x
08-30-2007, 03:12 AM
Just be careful of the word schwül (humid, muggy, stifling) versus schwul (gay).

Umlauts mean A LOT!

DjLoTi
08-30-2007, 03:22 AM
haha... ya man, ich sprecken sie deutsch nicht so ghern...

But I need to eliminate this single status, and this kind of girl is exactly the kind of girl that could do that.... I need unique girls... cuz I am one weird, unique guy

Euro girls are so chill... I kind of know how it is... so i'm already totally down and I don't even know her lolll man I hope she writes me back we'll have fun I'll make sure it's ser schon ;) no umlaut :P

foofighter20x
08-30-2007, 03:42 AM
haha... ya man, ich sprecken sie deutsch nicht so ghern...

But I need to eliminate this single status, and this kind of girl is exactly the kind of girl that could do that.... I need unique girls... cuz I am one weird, unique guy

Euro girls are so chill... I kind of know how it is... so i'm already totally down and I don't even know her lolll man I hope she writes me back we'll have fun I'll make sure it's ser schon ;) no umlaut :P

Just for fun... Corrections. :p

Ich spreche Deutsch nicht sehr gern. (I don't speak Deutsch very well.) (Eesh spray-shuh Deutsch neecht sair gairn)... Although, it's better to say Ich spreche nur ein bichen Deutsch. (I speak on a bit of German.) (Eesh spreay-chuh noor ein bishen Deutsch.)

the other correction: es ist (it's) sehr schönes. schon means already. ;)

masculine adj.: schön
feminine adj.: schöne
neuter adj.: schönes

best self guided german course I've taken (and I have lots of books on german) was from here: http://www.randomhouse.com/livinglanguage/german.html.

invest in the CDs. the only way to say the words correctly is to hear them.

also, for words that start with the letter R, try making an H sound like you are exhaling and trying to blow some stinky breath at someone, and then combine that with an English R. you should get kind of what sounds like a rolling spanish R, but you are making it with your throat instead of your tongue. it should like half gargling/half growling. and it's very short. It's one of the most difficult pronunciations to master. Good luck!