PDA

View Full Version : Check out Sarah Steelman, Candidate for Missouri Governor!

Knightskye
07-30-2008, 05:37 PM
http://www.sarahsteelman.com/media

I just saw her on Glenn Beck. She was talking about limited government and the Constitution.

Anybody on here live in Missouri?

qh4dotcom
07-30-2008, 05:49 PM
I was just about to post a new thread here about her but you beat me to it...yes I was impressed...she sure sounds like a Ron Paul Republican

You might want to add this to the title of the thread

Another Ron Paul Republican?

slacker921
07-30-2008, 05:49 PM
well.. I was going to drop 25 on her for standing up to the GOP but her site doesn't accept paypal donations (paypal money from garage junk sold on ebay is very different from money going on the old credit card).
It was nice of Glenn to have her on, and I hope she gets a bunch of donations..

qh4dotcom
07-30-2008, 05:50 PM
well.. I was going to drop 25 on her for standing up to the GOP but her site doesn't accept paypal donations (paypal money from garage junk sold on ebay is very different from money going on the old credit card).
It was nice of Glenn to have her on, and I hope she gets a bunch of donations..

How about your Paypal debit card?

speciallyblend
07-30-2008, 05:55 PM
yeah i would like a take from a missouri delegate or someone in the gop there that supports ron paul ,where was she in the battle,did she stand with us, or she just comeout of the woodwork???

Randy-
07-30-2008, 06:04 PM
Sarah Steelman attended the Ron Paul rally in Branson earlier this year during the state convention.

qh4dotcom
07-30-2008, 08:00 PM
bump

mrchubbs
07-30-2008, 10:51 PM
Youtube of Steelman's interview on Beck:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w1Eydprvwo

Enjoy

4RP08inKCMO
07-30-2008, 11:28 PM
Thank you for posting this Knightskye and thanks for the youtube mrchubbs. I had heard of her but did not really know anything about her. I think I'll be voting for her in the primary on Tuesday.

Indy4Chng
07-30-2008, 11:52 PM
But Glenn Beck is a neocon fraud why does he keep promoting these ron paul republicans not to mention ron paul himself?

I'm onto you Glenn! :rolleyes:

bluto20
07-30-2008, 11:58 PM
hmm i will have to start paying attention to her. thanks for the thread or else i would've never found out about her.

Suzu
07-31-2008, 05:12 AM
Steelman isn't what I call a "RPR" but she's a lot better choice for us in MO than her opponent, Kenny Hulshof.

speciallyblend
07-31-2008, 07:14 AM
Steelman isn't what I call a "RPR" but she's a lot better choice for us in MO than her opponent, Kenny Hulshof.

well unless they endorse ron paul's platform , I will do my best to send them packing, that's the way i feel!! you are with us or your against us, to steal a bush/hitler line!!!!

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
07-31-2008, 07:42 AM
But Glenn Beck is a neocon fraud why does he keep promoting these ron paul republicans not to mention ron paul himself?

You must be a blast to hang out with. Way to try to hijack the thread into something negative, for no reason whatsoever.

I saw Steelman too, and was fairly impressed.

bucfish
07-31-2008, 08:01 AM
She diffently is easy on the Eyes! Could you imagine a Steelman/Palin Ticket sometime in the Future?

ShowMeLiberty
07-31-2008, 08:21 AM
Thank you for posting this Knightskye and thanks for the youtube mrchubbs.

Ditto.

I am definitely heading to my polling place on Tuesday Aug. 5th to vote for Sarah Steelman in the primary. I heard of her a while back and overall I have been impressed.

The Wall Street Journal had a nice article about Ms. Steelman recently: http://online.wsj.com:80/article/SB121633819842163855.html .

She's much better than her opponent - K. Hulshof, currently in the U.S. House of Representatives - who can rarely be troubled to cast a vote at all, but when he does, it's a typical neocon vote. He voted in favor of the recent FISA bill, for example.

If Steelman wins the primary next week, she's going to have a very hard fight to win the Governor's seat against ol' Jay Nixon. If you'd rather see Steelman, who shares many of Dr. Paul's beliefs, as Missouri Governor, please think about supporting her campaign in any way you can.

Missourians - you can stay informed about candidates like Sarah Steelman and others if you join the SHOW ME or FIRE CONGRESS! Missouri C4L Meetup (http://firecongress.meetup.com/15/) and/or Ron Paul's Campaign for Liberty. I've received several emails with great intel through these.

klamath
07-31-2008, 09:25 AM
I just sent her info to my uncle in Misery.

Roxi
07-31-2008, 10:47 AM
I live near springfield. the springfield meetup group is full force into the steelman camp. there are tons of signs now and mostly at the hands of the RP meetup.

shes as close as you can get to a good thing without being ron paul himself :)

her opponent is total crap

we also have a ron paul supporter from springfield running for congress, Travis Maddox... which he will be participating in Liberty Straw Poll, so you can learn more about him

also steelman is for the farmers (so my dad also loves her)

cska80
07-31-2008, 11:34 AM
I live near springfield. the springfield meetup group is full force into the steelman camp. there are tons of signs now and mostly at the hands of the RP meetup.

shes as close as you can get to a good thing without being ron paul himself :)

her opponent is total crap

we also have a ron paul supporter from springfield running for congress, Travis Maddox... which he will be participating in Liberty Straw Poll, so you can learn more about him

also steelman is for the farmers (so my dad also loves her)

I'm curious...does she know that a RP meetup group is behind the free promotion you guys are doing?

BarryDonegan
07-31-2008, 11:50 AM
you need to let her know, so if she has liberty inclinations she will feel more comfortable with pushing them further.

She has a real iffy record, so id be curious to see where this goes. She has some real good and some real bad. her association with "divest terror" is kind of freaky, but her refusal to tender checks which served corrupt purpose shows respect for the rule of law.

considering a governor can't do foreign policy, she could be a winner, an acceptable "lesser evil". which is the way i view pat buchanan although i didn't wind up voting for him, he seems like an acceptable "lesser evil".

Knightskye
07-31-2008, 12:02 PM

I'm onto you Glenn!:rolleyes:

You do realize that Beck had Ron Paul himself on his show right before Sarah Steelman was on, don't you? :cool:

Anyway, you're welcome for posting the thread. :D

Do we have a lot of Missourans (sp?) on the Forums?

Knightskye
07-31-2008, 01:33 PM
Bump.

ShowMeLiberty
08-01-2008, 08:10 AM
Bump for Friday slackers. ;)

ladyjade3
08-01-2008, 12:27 PM
Bump. Primary is on Aug 5th... I hope she pulls through.

acptulsa
08-01-2008, 12:56 PM

Hush! His boss might hear!

aspiringconstitutionalist
08-01-2008, 01:07 PM
Sarah Steelman attended the Ron Paul rally in Branson earlier this year during the state convention.

Really??? Is this true? If so, we gotta get behind this girl!

Feenix566
08-01-2008, 01:13 PM
Thanx for posting this :)

Steelman for President in 2012! Let's have the Repubs elect the first woman President :)

Knightskye
08-06-2008, 03:35 AM
Thanx for posting this :)

Steelman for President in 2012! Let's have the Repubs elect the first woman President :)

Woman of steel. :D

0zzy
08-06-2008, 04:18 AM
I kinda like her from this interview. Ask her about Paul :).

0zzy
08-06-2008, 04:27 AM
I like her advertisements too, WAY better than Paul's.

0zzy
08-06-2008, 04:32 AM
she lost.

http://www.columbiamissourian.com/stories/2008/08/06/hulshof-defeats-steelman-gop-gubernatorial-primary/

Hulshof received 49.2 percent of the vote to Steelman's 44.7 percent - a margin of more than 17,000 votes.

Knightskye
08-06-2008, 02:55 PM
What do you think she'll do now?

westmich4paul
08-06-2008, 08:46 PM
Come on over to Michigan Sarah, we could really use you!

klamath
08-06-2008, 08:57 PM
I'm sorry she lost this time but that was a pretty good showing.

aspiringconstitutionalist
08-06-2008, 09:31 PM
I'm sorry she lost this time but that was a pretty good showing.

She should not rule out running again in 2012.

Knightskye
08-08-2008, 05:02 PM
When are the deadlines for a third party to file in Missouri?

Imperial
08-08-2008, 08:17 PM
Not sure. I think* I saw a libertarian running too...

Knightskye
08-09-2008, 10:43 PM
Not sure. I think* I saw a libertarian running too...

Libertarian and Constitution.

http://www.uselections.com/mo/mo.htm

* Kenny Hulshof (R)
Congressman, Attorney & Farmer
* Jeremiah "Jay" Nixon (D)
Attorney General, Ex-State Sen. & '88 US Senate Nominee
* Greg Thompson (Constitution)
Ex-Humansville School District Superintendent
* Andrew Finkenstadt (Libertarian)
Software Engineer

Very useful site. Think I'll bookmark it.

I'd go for Finkenstadt. :)