PDA

View Full Version : Be careful out there

john_anderson_ii
08-30-2007, 01:11 AM
Today, I was driving home from Fry's Electronics after purchasing some DVD burning supplies. A little white car came rolling up next to me. I looked and saw two grown men banging on their window, flipping me off, and shouting (at the closed window apparently). They swerved toward me in an attempt to run me off the road. However, I was in my ford station wagon that I don't really care about, so I swerved right back. They then got behind me, and followed me almost 7 miles. I wasn't about to let them know where I lived, so I pulled into a Chevron station. They pulled in behind me. I popped out of my car and started walking, well more like storming, toward their car to ask what the issue was. When I started in their direction, they sped off. I still don't know exactly what their problem was, but I think it may have something to do with my 2 Ron Paul bumper stickers, and the huge "GOOGLE RON PAUL" chalked on my back window. I can't think of any other reason. This took place on a several miles long perfectly straight two lane highway, the length of which I didn't change lanes. I don't think it was a driving conflict.

At all times I was perfectly safe, I have a CCW and I always carry. But just a heads up, there are some really crazy people out there. Stay safe, and keep aware of your surroundings. Supporting any candidate shouldn't be dangerous, but people get a little too emotionally attached I guess.

njandrewg
08-30-2007, 01:14 AM
should have called the cops with their license plate #

Chester Copperpot
08-30-2007, 01:16 AM
Today, I was driving home from Fry's Electronics after purchasing some DVD burning supplies. A little white car came rolling up next to me. I looked and saw two grown men banging on their window, flipping me off, and shouting (at the closed window apparently). They swerved toward me in an attempt to run me off the road. However, I was in my ford station wagon that I don't really care about, so I swerved right back. They then got behind me, and followed me almost 7 miles. I wasn't about to let them know where I lived, so I pulled into a Chevron station. They pulled in behind me. I popped out of my car and started walking, well more like storming, toward their car to ask what the issue was. When I started in their direction, they sped off. I still don't know exactly what their problem was, but I think it may have something to do with my 2 Ron Paul bumper stickers, and the huge "GOOGLE RON PAUL" chalked on my back window. I can't think of any other reason. This took place on a several miles long perfectly straight two lane highway, the length of which I didn't change lanes. I don't think it was a driving conflict.

At all times I was perfectly safe, I have a CCW and I always carry. But just a heads up, there are some really crazy people out there. Stay safe, and keep aware of your surroundings. Supporting any candidate shouldn't be dangerous, but people get a little too emotionally attached I guess.

The only group of people I could think of that might not like ron paul that much are illegal aliens.. Were they mexicans?

Cowlesy
08-30-2007, 01:17 AM
John I had a similiar incident on the Turnpike in PA when I had a big Ron Paul yardsign in my back window. This crazy guy whips through traffic, gets right in front of me, hits his brakes and lobs a huge lipper out his window which hit square on my windshield.

There are some whack-jobs out there, always need to keep an eye out.

john_anderson_ii
08-30-2007, 01:40 AM
should have called the cops with their license plate #

It wouldn't have done much good out here in Pinal County, AZ. The Sheriff's department is desperately undermanned. So undermanned in fact that they've taken to Sheriff's Posse and Neighborhood Watch type programs to allow civilians to pick up the slack. The don't have time for "nothing to report" issues, and I wouldn't ask them to waste time on no harm no foul issue.

Mike, I don't think they were. I was raised in Arizona and New Mexico, so I'm pretty good at "illegal alien profiling", and I didn't get the sense these guys were illegal. If I had to guess I would say that they are part of the small crowd of horribly ignorant Hannity followers who believe Ron Paul blamed 9/11 on the American people, the Virgin Mary, and our troops.

Little did they know that up until recently I was one of "our troops". Asshats.....they are everywhere these days.

tsetsefly
08-30-2007, 02:06 AM
if you had a gun could you shoot them in self defense and not go to jail? I imagine 2 people following you is certainly a threatening act...

richard1984
08-30-2007, 02:13 AM
I've had a similar incident happen to me. I was driving to school this summer and some redneck motherf***er rode my ass for several miles honking at me, flipping me off, and yelling at me out his window. He scared my girlfriend and pissed me the hell off. He followed me for several minutes until I drove through a construction site and told some police officers that the guy behind me had been harrassing me--the guy sped off down a side street.
I didn't really care about the bastard (except that he scared my fiancée/girlfriend, so I was ready to f*** this guy up), but it did kinda bothered me that his car was all decked out in American flags. What an ignorant sh*t.

Some people just don't get it. It's retarded.

john_anderson_ii
08-30-2007, 02:26 AM
if you had a gun could you shoot them in self defense and not go to jail? I imagine 2 people following you is certainly a threatening act...

It's more complicated than that.

In Arizona we have a Castle Doctorine Law(1). It basically says I can use physical force, including deadly force if I'm in a situation where a reasonable person would believe that they were in mortal danger, or in danger of serious physical harm.

Would a reasonable person believe themselves to be in mortal danger because someone was following them? Probably not.

Because two guys got out of a car and started yelling at them? Maybe.

Because one of the guys said "I'm going to kick your ass?" Probably.

Because the two started "stalking" towards you? ABSOLUTELY.

If it's not black & white, don't shoot into the grey. Otherwise you are putting your freedom in the hands of 12 people too stupid to get out of jury duty.

1) The Arizona Castle Doctrine Law is a perfect example of what a State can do without any sort of subsidy or interference from the federal government. It gives an honest man the tools he needs to defend his family, and his community. The guys in our State Legislature did some reading and found out that cops are the guys who show up after a violent crime has been committed and try to catch the bad guy. For all the good works our police and deputies do, they still haven't managed to teleport themselves instantly between an innocent and a threat. I will vote for the reps who pushed this through until someone has to scrape their festering carcasses out of their assemblymen seats.

hard@work
08-30-2007, 02:26 AM
I was ready to die for my country when I thought this war was righteous. I'm ready to die for it now defending it against chickenhawks who stayed home.

Akus
08-30-2007, 02:35 AM
Never happened to me.

Only one guy to my left, when I was at the stop light, opened the door and thumbs-upped me. Nothing like any of your stories, thank God.

beermotor
08-30-2007, 04:28 AM

In GA, I think you could return fire if they were swerving at you, heh.

american.swan
08-30-2007, 06:05 AM

Unless the law has changed recently, my mother worked in the law biz for years....it is perfectly legal to shoot dead anyone attacking your house, as long as the body falls inside the house IN TEXAS. :)

ronpaulhawaii
08-30-2007, 07:20 AM
I have spent many hours on the streets, with signs. There is a minute % of political wackos out there. Of course, there is always a small % of generic wackos anywhere. By drawing attention to ourselves we invite these kind of reactions.

There was one guy in a SUV the other day, during BurmaShave week, that I thought was gonna have a coranary as he drove by shaking his middle finger at me and shouting behind his closed windows. It felt real good to just smile and give him a thumbs up. That impressed other passerby alot and they started asking for lit.

Kill em with kindness

ConstitutionGal
08-30-2007, 07:26 AM
Try driving around with two bumper stickers on your car; one that says Ron Paul for President in 2008 and another that shows uncle Sam pointing his finger that reads "I want YOU to come here LEGALLY or GET OUT!". Here in Tennessee the Mexicans (mostly illegal) will pull up beside me and start mouthing. I had two START to get out of their car (they pulled up beside me at a traffic light) but were quickly :D disuaded when I picked up my .357 and laid it on the dash (keeping my hand on it). Thankfully, here, had they contintued on to my car (I couldn't move because there were cars in front of and behind me) and taken hold of my car door, I could have fired in self-defense and had no problem with the law afterwards. Of course, I'm female and about 5'6" so I could reasonable be considered to be in fear of physical harm. Point is, we live now in a VERY violent society and our right to protect ourselves at all times MUST be defended. That's just ONE of the reasons I'm supporting Ron Paul. He's, I think, the ONLY CongressCritter with an A+ rating from Gun Owners of America!

BillyDkid
08-30-2007, 07:27 AM
The only group of people I could think of that might not like ron paul that much are illegal aliens.. Were they mexicans?

Oh, I don't know, there are a lot of people invested in the status quo who deeply fear the idea of an RP Presidency.

jonahtrainer
08-30-2007, 07:44 AM

I was talking with an illegal from Chiapas yesterday about Ron Paul. He was greatly in favor of the Libertad (http://www.plata.com.mx/plata/plata/comHSP80a.htm) and the advantages of sound money. He started chanting 'Ron Paul.' When I dropped him off I let him take a Ron Paul issues paper and bumper sticker.

There are a lot of reasons for illegals to like Ron Paul ... like low tortilla prices. Our idiotic ethanol intervention is nearly starting a Revolution (http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2007-02-01-mexico-tortilla_x.htm)in Mexico over tortilla prices. Don't get between a Mexican and their tortillas!

john_anderson_ii
08-30-2007, 11:34 AM
I could have fired in self-defense and had no problem with the law afterwards. Of course, I'm female and about 5'6" so I could reasonable be considered to be in fear of physical harm.

This is strange:

Arizona Law equates forcibly entering an occupied vehicle to forcibly entering an occupied residence no matter the circumstance. Under our law, if someone forcibly enters your residence, you need give no warning, you can ambush the intruder and shoot first without saying a word.

However, if someone is about to start a fight, and you remove a weapon from the holster and show it to the aggressor, in order to deter violence, that will be prosecuted as aggravated assault (7.5 - 15 years) around these parts. We don't have a brandishing law, it's aggravated assault. Will be be convicted? Depends on the circumstance. Will you be prosecuted? Yes. Average cost of defense? $30,000 if it goes to trail. The prosecutors line of thinking is something like this. You are authorized to use physical or the threat of physical force if a reasonable person would feel they were in danger of life or limb. If you felt you were in danger of life of limb you would have been pointing the weapon at your attacker, not showing him it. Therefore the threat of physical force is not authorized. Of course gun-scared sheep on the jury will buy into this in a heartbeat.

It's really great to see that people here seem to take their local gun laws seriously. Unfortunately I know far too many people out here that carry, and even passed the CCW course that are very, very confused about these things.

I guess I was lucky, a lawyer who specializes in self defense cases was also my CCW instructor. ;)

mdh
08-30-2007, 11:36 AM

Oh man, somebody does that to me they are itchin for an ass-whoopin. Seriously, I seem nice, but piss me off or try and threaten me and I am batshit insane and violent. ;)

Elwar
08-30-2007, 03:25 PM
Reminds me of the youtube video I saw (I tried to find it but couldn't) where three college girls were in their car near VA and some crazed man was behind them honking and tailgating very closely...they filmed it, called the cops, got his plate number, he was waving a bat or something too.

He eventually drove off, but they had some Ron Paul bumper stickers on the back of their car.

SeanEdwards
08-30-2007, 03:27 PM
These people are crazy. Don't they know that RP supporters are die-hard 2nd amendment folks? They should stick to threatening Hillary supporters for their own safety. :p

cjhowe
08-30-2007, 03:28 PM

This perception is why people are so quick to enact gun control laws.

cjhowe
08-30-2007, 03:31 PM
These people are crazy. Don't they know that RP supporters are die-hard 2nd amendment folks? They should stick to threatening Hillary supporters for their own safety. :p

Don't they know we have more crazies than any one else ;)

skiingff
08-30-2007, 03:50 PM
I have a loaded 9mm in my glovebox and an AK-47 in my trunk. If you make me reach into my glovebox, you're in trouble. If you make me walk to the back of my car and pop the trunk, you're dead. These are life-saving tools that aren't toys. They only come out if my life is in danger.

EvoPro
08-30-2007, 03:55 PM
man, i need to start carrying. Luckily I live in a state with no gun control laws.

Lord Xar
08-30-2007, 04:31 PM
This STORY IS HORRIFIC

I was driving in my car, with my Ron Paul sticker on the back windshield, and I noticed that as I was driving - a white celica with tinted windows following me.

I took notice of the car about a mile or so back because it was beside me at a light. When at the light (a mile previous down the road) I thought to myself "wow, I can't see inside those windows" so I turned away. Then the car reeved and I looked again. It stopped. I turned to look straight. It reeved again. Weird.

So here I am now and its now going on 2 miles following behind me....then 3 miles. I start to turn, it turns. Right on my tail.

I start to get nervous, and call a buddy of mine and tell him I am heading your way. I figure to lead this person right to where my buddies are.

Mind you, its around midnight. Very Cold out, windy. I notice now they are flashing their lights on me from behind. I am starting to get worried.

I decide to pull over. the car slowly pulls up behind me.

I get out and walk over to the car and wrap on the tinted window and say "what the phuck do you want!". I still can't see in. Suddenly, the window rolls down just a bit. So, I yell "WHAT!"... and it rolls down even more........... and the most beautiful woman is in there and she says "Do you have any extra Ron Paul stickers...", and I say " Uhmmm sure..." so I start to walk over to my car thinking "oh man, wow, this is great!!" - and she shouts out in such a sultry sexy voice .. .. "and protection..."... - I turn back to see a coy smile.

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!! No protection..

SO BE CAREFUL OUT THERE! Be Prepared. I wasn't. CARRY PROTECTION!

(just some fun to lighten the mood)

Mr. White
08-30-2007, 05:09 PM
This STORY IS HORRIFIC

I was driving in my car, with my Ron Paul sticker on the back windshield, and I noticed that as I was driving - a white celica with tinted windows following me.

I took notice of the car about a mile or so back because it was beside me at a light. When at the light (a mile previous down the road) I thought to myself "wow, I can't see inside those windows" so I turned away. Then the car reeved and I looked again. It stopped. I turned to look straight. It reeved again. Weird.

So here I am now and its now going on 2 miles following behind me....then 3 miles. I start to turn, it turns. Right on my tail.

I start to get nervous, and call a buddy of mine and tell him I am heading your way. I figure to lead this person right to where my buddies are.

Mind you, its around midnight. Very Cold out, windy. I notice now they are flashing their lights on me from behind. I am starting to get worried.

I decide to pull over. the car slowly pulls up behind me.

I get out and walk over to the car and wrap on the tinted window and say "what the phuck do you want!". I still can't see in. Suddenly, the window rolls down just a bit. So, I yell "WHAT!"... and it rolls down even more........... and the most beautiful woman is in there and she says "Do you have any extra Ron Paul stickers...", and I say " Uhmmm sure..." so I start to walk over to my car thinking "oh man, wow, this is great!!" - and she shouts out in such a sultry sexy voic .. .. "and protection..."...

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!! No protection..

SO BE CAREFUL OUT THERE! Be Prepared. I wasn't.

(just some fun to lighten the mood)

Beats the hell out of the cases I've been reading all day.

bcmiller
08-30-2007, 05:40 PM

I am glad you got out alright and not having to fill out all of the paperwork and court appearances.

I have my Ron Paul sticker right above my USMC license plate so that should protect me from self righteous chickenhawkery. I live in VA so I can get the CC permit but god forbid I accidentally drive into DC and Im going going gone.

Thanks for your service to our country and the campaign to free it and Semper Fi.

edit,
Obviously, you should defuse the situation in anyway you can before resorting to violence. Anyone killed or beaten by a Ron Paul supporter will not vote for Ron Paul. But seriously, I just read some more of this thread and I am getting my permit now... I have a nice .45 Kimber that I should dust off just in case. Better caught with it then without it, I guess. An AK in the trunk? that's sick... I envy you.