PDA

View Full Version : Peoples choice voting

ronpaulhawaii
07-29-2008, 09:57 PM
Sorry if this has been addressed but, is there going to be an informal "peoples choice" feature on the site where those who cannot buy a ticket can still participate, in a limited sense?

Bryan
07-29-2008, 11:13 PM
Sounds like a good idea (ie: we haven't thought of it :D) so it's not on the roadmap as this point. Of course, we're hoping a $10 ticket is a good price to get Dr. Paul a new friend in Congress. :)

Otherwise it would be nice to see some people PMing / e-mail voting keys to those who can't afford one when they buy two or more. We're planning on adding a "Key validation" and "Key exchange" function so if you get a voting key you can change it to assure you're the only one who has it.

rs3515
07-31-2008, 03:23 PM
There are a couple of different options we could provide through Freeople to handle this --

* Candidate Ratings: each candidate on the site has a "candidate rating" of 1-5 stars. Only registered members of the Freeople site can rate a candidate, and they can only rate them once. Only issue with this approach is we would need all the candidates to generate a profile on the site (or we could do it for them).

* Online Poll: a basic poll like what can be created on RP Forums. Can limit the votes cast to those who are registered members of Freeople, and one vote per person. Also I think we could fairly easily have the results hidden until we are ready to publish them.

Any thoughts?

ronpaulhawaii
07-31-2008, 03:39 PM
I am looking for a way to distribute any excess we raise in our w4f effort (yes, I WILL keep dreaming - lol). The reason I raised this is to explore ways this hypothetical excess could be earmarked for a candidate from the LSP. My first thought was the second place candidate, but then the "peoples choice" idea came unbidden into my head and... here we are

:)

Roxi
08-02-2008, 07:29 AM
this is similar to what i was getting at when i said maybe we should have an online poll included.

i know some people may have problems buying tickets, not because of the price or money, but because they don't have credit card/paypal etc...

Bryan
08-02-2008, 08:43 AM
this is similar to what i was getting at when i said maybe we should have an online poll included.

i know some people may have problems buying tickets, not because of the price or money, but because they don't have credit card/paypal etc...
One can always mail a check:
http://www.libertystrawpoll.com/form.html

rs3515
08-02-2008, 11:04 PM
One can always mail a check:
http://www.libertystrawpoll.com/form.html

Should you not have on the form that 1-9 Tickets are $10 each?

Bryan
08-02-2008, 11:57 PM
Should you not have on the form that 1-9 Tickets are $10 each?
:eek: Good catch. That was a cut and paste error. :)