PDA

View Full Version : THIS surge will guarantee success

Sematary
08-29-2007, 11:49 PM
Unlike George Bush's surge, which is doing nothing but moving the moles somewhere else for the military to whack, WE can have a surge that actually accomplishes something.
We need to SURGE into public places and TALK To people. Give them literature and explain positions. THAT is how we are going to win and it needs to be done NOW.

princessredtights
08-30-2007, 08:32 AM
exactly

wgadget
08-30-2007, 08:34 AM
To the MALL with you!

jm1776
08-30-2007, 08:44 AM
For those of you in populated areas, what about long movie theater lines? Easy for me to suggest sitting out here in the sticks but could be good. Pick the movie/audience?

Ridiculous
08-30-2007, 08:49 AM
You have to be careful about places that are private property like the grounds of a movie theater, malls shopping centers, etc. Most of these places have a no literature distribution policy. Best to stick to public property unless you have consent from the property manager. If you want to do it anyway and just flyer people at these type of places, be nice an just stop if security asks you to. You have no right to argue free speech on private property.

Sematary
08-30-2007, 08:52 AM
You have to be careful about places that are private property like the grounds of a movie theater, malls shopping centers, etc. Most of these places have a no literature distribution policy. Best to stick to public property unless you have consent from the property manager. If you want to do it anyway and just flyer people at these type of places, be nice an just stop if security asks you to. You have no right to argue free speech on private property.

I have been going to large shopping centers, etc... for some time now. We even did that thing at Ozzfest last week. All on private property. Walmart has cameras EVERYWHERE and even they don't bother me.
Now, if you want to stand at their entrance, you will need to get permission.

Sematary
08-30-2007, 08:53 AM

Here's what I think. If I go to a shopping center and someone asks me to leave (hasn't happened EVER) then I will leave. No big deal. There are PLENTY more out there. So don't make excuses - just go.

mconder
08-30-2007, 09:09 AM
There are plenty of public events in my area to do this. It's better to seek forgiveness than get permission. Just go to any event where you know large crowds of people will be and let 'em have it.

I belong to a small Meetup. Only about 10 or so people show up to most events, but we all work very hard. We are out there almost every weekend and even some weekdays. This weekend we will have a booth in a neighboring town's festivities, and be in their parade. We'll probably pass out 2,000 to 3,000 Slim Jims. I would say our group has passed out close to 10,000 Slim Jims.

If you belong to a Meetup that doesn't do much, take the lead. Plan an event and contact the members yourself. Don't wait for others to do it.

ItDoesNotStopWithRonPaul
08-30-2007, 10:08 AM
http://www.libertytalk.com/liberty_card_rp.php

I have been pushing my own "Surge" by placing these cards in the parking lots of just about every place I stop at. I am running out though. Can anyone help me get a few thousand more to keep up my surge?

constituent
08-30-2007, 10:12 AM
There are plenty of public events in my area to do this. It's better to seek forgiveness than get permission. Just go to any event where you know large crowds of people will be and let 'em have it.

amen.

my wife and i always take info when we exercise but since we're in victoria it doesn't do any good ...every knows and loves ron paul... (shhhh... even most of the democrats).