PDA

View Full Version : I need some help with FEC rules

Sematary
08-29-2007, 11:19 PM
I was thinking that it would be pretty cool to hold a fundraising 5 and/or 10k race for Ron Paul, but I don't know the rules about raising cash for the campaign. Can anyone give me a quick tutorial?

ghemminger
08-30-2007, 12:35 AM
this is what's next for marchacrossamerica!!!!!

How ya doing Sem???

Lord Xar
08-30-2007, 12:54 AM
I was thinking that it would be pretty cool to hold a fundraising 5 and/or 10k race for Ron Paul, but I don't know the rules about raising cash for the campaign. Can anyone give me a quick tutorial?

Did you plan on taking "cash" or "credit cards" at the fundraiser? If they have checks, you can just have them make it out to, according to the fundraising info.. OR you can just print out his donation form from his site and have it at the fundraiser...

I think you could do it without getting all messy with that stuff. Have them make the checks out to the ronpaul campaign with the PDF printed item from the site OR use the form to take credit card info and just submit all the info at once. THis way, the donators are donating directly to the campaign... does that make sense?

WHEN? do you plan on doing this? if its gonna be in a few weeks?

Or you can have a fundraiser for "Americans United for Liberty" which stands for the constitution and those presidential candidates that support it :-) and it stands against any action or entity that will infringe on americas sovereignty!...... :)

ghemminger
08-30-2007, 01:00 AM
well, I think this would be very easy to set up without having to do anything. You could run a donation off of a website that links to the ronpaul2008 site....

Did you plan on taking "cash" or "credit cards" at the fundraiser? If they have checks, you can just have them make it out to, according to the fundraising info.. OR you can just print out his donation form from his site and have it at the fundraiser...

I think you could do it without getting all messy with that stuff. Have them make the checks out to the ronpaul campaign with the PDF printed item from the site OR use the form to take credit card info and just submit all the info at once. THis way, the donators are donating directly to the campaign... does that make sense?

WHEN? do you plan on doing this? if its gonna be in a few weeks?

Looking at Oct Nov - Everyone is still realling from the last RP Walk

I aggree - this shouldn't be hard to do. The key is promo and lead up time to let walkers gather steam and pledges from family and co-workers. We raised 100k last year for the Arthritis foundation in one city- if we have good participation we could raise 800k 1 mil nationally

ghemminger
08-30-2007, 01:06 AM
http://arthritiswalkie.kintera.org/faf/home/default.asp?ievent=218918

here is the site - now I just need somehone to help build it - will use my blog if all else fails

Lord Xar
08-30-2007, 01:46 AM
http://arthritiswalkie.kintera.org/faf/home/default.asp?ievent=218918

here is the site - now I just need somehone to help build it - will use my blog if all else fails

hmmm, you can just do that for "ron paul"... the kintera site is just a parent donation site that 'hosts" foundations for easy integration for donatons and sponsorships and such. The arthritis site is 'just hosted/supported' on there, and the kintera site is the engine for it... you understand?

ghemminger
08-30-2007, 02:07 AM
hmmm, you can just do that for "ron paul"... the kintera site is just a parent donation site that 'hosts" foundations for easy integration for donatons and sponsorships and such. The arthritis site is 'just hosted/supported' on there, and the kintera site is the engine for it... you understand?

ok..i thinks me understand - you are good for something lord! LOL

Thunderbolt
08-30-2007, 02:16 AM

Lord Xar
08-30-2007, 02:33 AM
ok..i thinks me understand - you are good for something lord! LOL

hahah.. you know i didn't type "you understand?" like that... I meant more like..

"cool, you know what i mean right?"

hahhaha.. I hope I didn't come off sounding like a lordling!! well, I am.. in my own mind.. but not here.. :)

ghemminger
08-30-2007, 10:57 AM
hahah.. you know i didn't type "you understand?" like that... I meant more like..

"cool, you know what i mean right?"

hahhaha.. I hope I didn't come off sounding like a lordling!! well, I am.. in my own mind.. but not here.. :)

Ok caontacted kintera sales staff and am waiting for a call back...I hope I'm on the right track...here....

bc2208
08-30-2007, 12:00 PM
There's a half Marathon in Boston mid-October - if nothing else we can hold signs at the finish line.

ghemminger
08-30-2007, 12:05 PM
There's a half Marathon in Boston mid-October - if nothing else we can hold signs at the finish line.

Why not sponsor a few runners, and in turn they sponsor Ron Paul - if you get a group of runners, we might get some media coverage - take the lead, see if you can make something or it!

Sematary
09-01-2007, 12:56 AM

When, exactly is this half marathon? I'll run it.