PDA

View Full Version : The Tragic Case of Rachel Hoffman, 23 yr old college girl that Florida Cops FORCED to

Galileo Galilei
07-29-2008, 01:29 PM
The Tragic Case of Rachel Hoffman, 23 yr old college girl that Florida Cops FORCED to rat out some pot dealing friends was murdered during a botched sting operation. Thanks Florida cops, you are worth less to us everyday!

Florida cops didn’t even write up a report on Rachel, and did not conduct an investigation. WHAT ARE YOU COVERING UP!!

the girl had a baggie of marijuana, SHE WASN’T a drug dealer. WAKE UP FLORIDA, give me a break. Stand up for justice and go after the police department legally. Change your stupid drug laws! Marijuana is not a dangerous substance, period.

Please contact Chief of Police Dennis Michael Jones 234 E 7th Ave Tallahassee, Florida 32303 (850)891-4200 and let him know what you think, America.

Or contact the Tallahassee Police Department

234 E 7th Ave
Tallahassee, FL 32303
(850) 891-4341

This innocent girl was threatened with prison so that she could “cooperate” in a drug sting the Florida cops didn’t have the guts to do themselves

Don’t these Florida Cops have something else they can do with themselves? It seems Florida is the state where a lot of the taser stories come from. Now they can add the blood of an innocent girl to their hands.

Now Florida is where the corrupt intelligence agencies allowed Mohammed Atta to run drugs at Hoffman aviation and the police there clearly didn’t do their jobs for that piece of justice. Let us also never forget that Florida is the state that George W Bush STOLE the election in with the help of his loser brother, Jeb.

Now let’s take a look at the recent unfolding of an INNOCENT college girl.

Marijuana should be legalized, period. For whatever reason it still isn’t in so many states, beats me, but it is NOT a harmful or dangerous substance. There is no debate about this. For more info on the ILLEGAL drug war taking place in the country, I reccomend watching “American Drug War” as it is an excellent documentary covering the topic.

After being caught twice with a “baggie” of marijuana, 23-year old Rachel Hoffman was reportedly told by police in Tallahassee, Florida that she would go to prison for four years unless she became an undercover informant.

Parents say police used their daughter as bait to catch drug dealers. The young woman, a recent graduate of Florida State University, was murdered during a botched sting operation two months ago. Her case will be profiled Friday on 20/20. “The idea of waging a war on drugs is to protect people and here it seems like we’re putting people in harm’s way,” said Lance Block, a lawyer hired by Rachel’s parents.

The Florida Attorney General’s office says it is reviewing the procedures and protocol of the Tallahassee police. Rachel’s case also has raised new questions about state and federal laws related to marijuana possession.

“I’m calling her a criminal,” Tallahassee police chief Dennis Jones told 20/20, who maintains that both drug dealers and drug users are considered criminals to his department. Related Grand Jury to Investigate Death of Informant Cops Pressed to Explain Dead Informant Pot Potency Has Doubled Since 1983 Under Florida law, possession of more than 20 grams of marijuana is a felony. Rachel was also found in possession of two ecstasy pills, a felony under Florida law no matter the quantity because it “has a high potential for abuse and has no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States.”

The Tallahassee police chief says Rachel was suspected of selling drugs and she was rightly treated as a criminal. “That’s my job as a police chief to find these criminals in our community and take them off the street, to make the proper arrests,” Jones told 20/20.

Rachel’s case also is raising questions about how police recruit and use informants in undercover operations.

“There need to be some safeguards here,” said Block, the Hoffman family lawyer. The young woman received no training before being sent to an undercover meeting to buy a large amount of drugs and a handgun from two suspects.

Police says Rachel was killed by the very handgun she was supposed to buy. “I don’t think she understood the risk or danger that she was in,” said Block.

In Loving Memory of Rachel Hoffman

SEE PHOTOS & WATCH VIDEOS - SHE'S A HOTTIE!

http://www.loosechange911.com/blog/?p=138

Join The Paul Side
07-29-2008, 01:42 PM
It's a shame the things that cops are able to get away with simply because they hide behind a badge. Serve and Protect? More like Harass and Arrest. :mad:

lucius
07-29-2008, 01:59 PM
She could of said no to the police and called their bluff--better than dead. What happens to rats? There is a lesson here, tragic no less.

Bruno
07-29-2008, 02:25 PM
She could of said no to the police and called their bluff--better than dead. What happens to rats? There is a lesson here, tragic no less.

Easy to say if you are not the one sitting in her position. Perhaps they even said they would protect her if she gave up some names. Maybe they threatened her with years of prison if she didn't.
I have been there, told I would be let go if I were to turn in some people, and refused. I was arrested and charged and it is still out there on my record. When you are under police intimidation, people will often turn other people in.

lucius
07-29-2008, 09:16 PM
Easy to say if you are not the one sitting in her position. Perhaps they even said they would protect her if she gave up some names. Maybe they threatened her with years of prison if she didn't.
I have been there, told I would be let go if I were to turn in some people, and refused. I was arrested and charged and it is still out there on my record. When you are under police intimidation, people will often turn other people in.

Don't feel like the 'lone ranger', you did the right thing--nobody respects a rat, especially the police. Like this girl, sending a kid to a weapons buy. I might be wrong though.

Liberty Star
07-29-2008, 09:23 PM
How sad that it ended like this.

Oyate
07-29-2008, 09:25 PM
OK, OK, this is like the 5th anti-cop post by the same poster today. There are many forums dedicated to scrutinizing law enforcement. This is not one of them. We probably have more retired and serving law enforcement and military people than any other political movement.

And everything you've posted are reposts from other boards.

Indy Vidual
07-29-2008, 09:35 PM
How sad that it ended like this.:(
Very sad