PDA

View Full Version : Iran War Propaganda has Worked

OhioMichael
07-29-2008, 11:19 AM
Check out the comments on this digg story:

http://digg.com/world_news/Iran_Not_Building_Nuclear_Bomb_Ahmadinejad_Tells_N BC

It seems that it is consensus that Iran's 'nuclear desire' needs to be stopped. Furthermore, most believe that Iran is very close to having a nuclear bomb.

Considering Isreal and the United States have an unlimited supply of nuclear weapons, Iran would probably never use a nuclear bomb tactically. Mutually assured destruction acts as a real deterrent against their use. In some ways, nuclear weapons actually helped stabilize the India-Pakistan border.

I guess people can't grasp that concept.

lasenorita
07-29-2008, 11:43 AM
In some ways, nuclear weapons actually helped stabilize the India-Pakistan border.

...but contributed greatly to the current crisis today. Iran began work on a nuclear program as a deterrent against a potentially hostile Pakistan -- their relations were never smooth, either.

idiom
07-29-2008, 03:25 PM
They can't do anything to stop the attacks at this point.

What could Saddam have done? Handed over all of his WMD as was demanded?

Even if Iran decided to shut down all nuclear activity, the Whitehouse would just deny compliance and say that they have 'special inteeligence' (boy would that be accurate) that Iran has simply gone underground and hidden their activities.

There is no way Iran can prove itself innocent. Therefore they must all be muderous warcriminals.

Its just obvious.

Carole
07-29-2008, 04:23 PM
Check out the comments on this digg story:

http://digg.com/world_news/Iran_Not_Building_Nuclear_Bomb_Ahmadinejad_Tells_N BC

It seems that it is consensus that Iran's 'nuclear desire' needs to be stopped. Furthermore, most believe that Iran is very close to having a nuclear bomb.

Considering Isreal and the United States have an unlimited supply of nuclear weapons, Iran would probably never use a nuclear bomb tactically. Mutually assured destruction acts as a real deterrent against their use. In some ways, nuclear weapons actually helped stabilize the India-Pakistan border.

I guess people can't grasp that concept.

I completely agree with you. It does not concern me that Iran has nuclear capability. Naturally, I would prefer they use it for energy, but frankly, they have the same right to protect themselves as the countries surrounding them which have nuclear weapons. It is Israel that most concerns me.

Only Iran is being denied while other countries around the world have nuclear capability. I am not afraid of Iran and they are not going to purposely initiate an attack.

d991
07-29-2008, 04:33 PM
The interview was actually really interesting...Brian Williams asked Ahmadinejad what he thought a fair price for oil was and he said the free market should decide. Funny that Western governments don't seem to say the same thing...
I also thought it was interesting when Williams kept asking about domestic issues inside Iran (i.e. inflation) and Ahmadinejad turned it around and pointed out that there are 3+ million people in America who are in prison and reminded him about the Katrina victims and said Iran's problems were it's own and they'd deal with them and the West should deal with their own problems.

Zolah
07-29-2008, 04:33 PM
I'd fully agree that the propaganda has worked.