PDA

View Full Version : Would you pay $10 to have a personalized name tag for Minnesota?

Sematary
07-29-2008, 10:12 AM
Someone pm'd me with the idea of creating name tags (for a $10 donation) for people planning on attending the festivities in Minnesota. I think it's a good idea but I'm using this thread to gauge interest. If the interest is there, I will see if it's feasible. If not, I'll drop the idea. So - is the interest there? I'd need to have the interest of about 100 - 150 people to make this work.

SnappleLlama
07-29-2008, 10:12 AM
I would, depending on what it looked like! :)

robert4rp08
07-29-2008, 10:16 AM
Nope. I'd prefer an unpersonalized name tag. HAHA :D

Sematary
07-29-2008, 10:25 AM
I just need to figure out if it would be worth buying the supplies to do this or not. I think the idea of a name tag (with RPF username and regular name) would be pretty cool. It's a way for me to get the money I need and for the users of this forum to be able to find and meet others from the forum. I think I'd really like to do this if there is enough interest. So - if over 100 people say they would do this - I'll buy a new printer (mine sucks) and the supplies to put them together.

Ninja Homer
07-29-2008, 11:44 AM
It depends... you aren't just going to write our name on a sticker, are you? :p

I think it would be awesome if everybody from RPF had nametags that stood out, so we can recognize and meet each other face to face. There's going to be 15,000 people there, and I don't know how we'd find each other otherwise.

If it's printed out nice and put in one of those permanent name badges that you can pin on, it's definitely worth $10. I was thinking about making my own, but it would cost me more than $10 in gas and supplies, and I really don't need a box of blank name badges. Not to mention it helps you make it to the Rally.

Maybe something like this?
http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/4233/rpfnametagps8.jpg

Ninja Homer
07-30-2008, 06:20 AM
Bump for getting Sematary to MN and getting a name tag.

Sematary
07-30-2008, 07:17 AM
It depends... you aren't just going to write our name on a sticker, are you? :p

I think it would be awesome if everybody from RPF had nametags that stood out, so we can recognize and meet each other face to face. There's going to be 15,000 people there, and I don't know how we'd find each other otherwise.

If it's printed out nice and put in one of those permanent name badges that you can pin on, it's definitely worth $10. I was thinking about making my own, but it would cost me more than $10 in gas and supplies, and I really don't need a box of blank name badges. Not to mention it helps you make it to the Rally.

Maybe something like this?
http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/4233/rpfnametagps8.jpg

That was pretty much the idea

Sematary
07-30-2008, 07:17 AM
Bump for getting Sematary to MN and getting a name tag.

doesn't appear to be much interest. /shrug